News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Garratt-ization continues.......

Started by martin garratt, March 17, 2012, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

A great piece, elegant in it's simplicity.  Though...where's the white streaks all over the rock ? ;) lol

martin garratt

PaleoWorld Studios - Tarbosaurus vs Tarchia

Blade-of-the-Moon

Man..I hate to be in that Tarbosaurus' position right now.. lol  Excellent work Martin !

ataraxus

Battatitan

Yet again, fantastic work - the diorama is magnificent! And that Torosaurus is beautiful.

amargasaurus cazaui

Special little corner of my collection display......I call this Martin-Ville

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol nice name..i think it would confound a few nascar fans i know.. ;)

Everything_Dinosaur

martin garratt

Koolasuchus

Recently finished this Koolasuchus diorama for a customer.
Koolasuchus available from Dans Dinosaurs.

dinoking

Hey Martin, your work on all of these dinosaur models is just amazing.  I was wondering if you could share a little advice on how you do it? If you don't mind my asking a couple of questions to help me improve my own painting skills. 1. What type of paint do you use (acrylic, enamal or oil paint- any favorite brands to recomend?). 2 Your ability to blend colors is remarkable and very realistic: do you achieve this by using "Washs " or  "airbrushing".  I really hope to achieve your level of painting success one day and any help you could provide would be greatly apperciated.
                                                                                                                                                 Thanks,

ataraxus

martin garratt

Quote from: dinoking on July 28, 2013, 02:01:22 AM
Hey Martin, your work on all of these dinosaur models is just amazing.  I was wondering if you could share a little advice on how you do it? If you don't mind my asking a couple of questions to help me improve my own painting skills. 1. What type of paint do you use (acrylic, enamal or oil paint- any favorite brands to recomend?). 2 Your ability to blend colors is remarkable and very realistic: do you achieve this by using "Washs " or  "airbrushing".  I really hope to achieve your level of painting success one day and any help you could provide would be greatly apperciated.
                                                                                                                                                 Thanks,

I only use Acrylic paints, I will use almost any brand of Acrylic paint, including Folkart, Citadel, & Tamiya.
To blend colours, depending on which kit I'm working on, I use washes, airbrush, as well as soft pastels whichever method
gives the best result for the effect you are after, I change things many times until I get the 'look' that I'm after.

Martin

dinoking

Martin, thanks for sharing the painting information. You should  consider writing a "How To" book (similar to Ray Rimmel's) on building, converting and painting model dinosaurs. You are the best!!
                                                                                                                                      Thanks again!!!

Ikessauro

Quote from: dinoking on August 08, 2013, 10:07:38 PM
Martin, thanks for sharing the painting information. You should  consider writing a "How To" book (similar to Ray Rimmel's) on building, converting and painting model dinosaurs. You are the best!!
                                                                                                                                      Thanks again!!!

That would be an awesome book. I'd buy it for sure. "How to" books on paleoart are scarce and we sure could use some more.

martin garratt

Iguanodon sculpted by Matt Manit

Protoceratops sculpted by Matt Manit

martin garratt

Sinosauropteryx sculpted by Bruce Bowman

Blade-of-the-Moon

Beautiful work martin, I especially like the Iguanodon. 

postsaurischian

:D Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

I'll have to send you my Manit Protoceratops soon :).

captain jack

Martin you kicked serious Butt.Those Manit kits have never looked so good.Nice to see your take on these.Thanks for posting. Looking forward to see more!!

martin garratt

Papo Pachyrhinosaurus

Repainted and based for a customer

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: