News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Garratt-ization continues.......

Started by martin garratt, March 17, 2012, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Never trust anything in Jurasic Park. what looks harmless can send you to kingdom come before you can say "GOD SAVE ME"

Blade-of-the-Moon

Expect the unexpected is a great rule for exploring the Park .. ;)

ataraxus

Blade-of-the-Moon

ataraxus

ah, of course. i thinked he meant the sculptor. but now i think it`s the compso form Galileo...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ataraxus on February 16, 2013, 07:16:10 AM
ah, of course. i thinked he meant the sculptor. but now i think it`s the compso form Galileo...

Ah, I hadn't known a sculptor named Chris..well other than myself...lol

Galileo's is okay but he missed a detail here and there..like his head has too large scales. This one was taken from a cast of the actual Stan Winston Studios molds and offered by Gavin of myjurassicpark.com  .

Posted this on the previous page :

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 13, 2013, 11:21:53 PM
Martin just posted this on FB :

I can't say anymore than I did there :
QuoteChris Kastner Hey now don't you remember what happened in the film ? lol Looks so alive Martin..you did an outstanding job on this one ! I've wanted a good Compy replica for so long..I'm VERY pleased ![/img]

Can't wait to carefully take this guy outdoors this summer for pics in the woods. ;D

Cirex

Here is a picture of my 1/40 scale Krentz dinos, all built up and painted by Martin.
Picture quality is not great, these small models or not that easy to capture, sorry...
The sculpt and paint details amazing though, can't wait for the next Saurozoic models!

I take advantage of this post to recommend Dan, Martin & Marilyn's services to anybody who would be interested in this kind of models, they are simply the best in every aspects! + you'd be surprised by how little money Martin is asking to build / paint and base decoration, it's really worth checking out, you won't regret it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wish David would release more of these in larger sizes..the Majunga would have been excellent as a 1/15 or statue.

Cirex

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 18, 2013, 05:32:49 PM
I wish David would release more of these in larger sizes..the Majunga would have been excellent as a 1/15 or statue.

I am with you on that one, I can't help but thinking the same when I see his big T-rex or Einiosaurus... David, if you read that, you have 2 customers right here!
In the mean time, these models make for a beautifull line and are really worth getting.

amargasaurus cazaui

Martin has become one of the most prolific, talented and fairly priced build and paint services availible, and for obvious reasons.  Such beautiful pieces Martin, they look like they could just run right off the table alive .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice job Martin ! Pretty darn to close to what I was thinking for my eventual paint job. :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

ZoPteryx

I've never seen that sort of color scheme on an Olorotitan before, it looks really nice! :)

amargasaurus cazaui

The Garratt-ization commences.............
Shapeways Herrasasaurus 1/12 sculpt by Manuel Bejarano.

Carnegie Amargasaurus

amargasaurus

Carnegie Corythosaurus

Psittacosaurus squared

Now that is what I call gorgeous work
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

It is gorgeous work indeed! I love them all :D!

ataraxus

cool stuff, my favourite is the olorotitan! the shapeways stuff is really great!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I love his work on the Carnegie pieces..truly the paint jobs they deserve..really shows just how much detail they have.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 27, 2013, 04:18:58 PM
I love his work on the Carnegie pieces..truly the paint jobs they deserve..really shows just how much detail they have.

I have to really agree with Blade in that comment. Once repainted, it really makes these older figures come alive, and demonstrates that painted a bit more nicely they are actually very nice sculpts.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: