News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: SenSx on March 12, 2021, 08:35:12 PM
Ok thanks, sorry for changing the subject, so I might as well put this topic back on track.

I was not very impressed by this Dilophosaurus at first.
The feet look a bit too big, and I usually don't like flashy colors, but it kinda fits it, it's still an ok figure.
We don't have that many accurate Dilo, so it's a welcome addition, but I think we are much more in need of a good Cryolophosaurus.
Why? Cryolophosaurus barely has any fossils to make a figure out of. It's like making a figure of the stupid Thanos abelisaurid.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

Watch the blog tomorrow morning; something big is about to land!  ;)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Leyster

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 14, 2021, 12:23:20 PM
Quote from: SenSx on March 12, 2021, 08:35:12 PM
Ok thanks, sorry for changing the subject, so I might as well put this topic back on track.

I was not very impressed by this Dilophosaurus at first.
The feet look a bit too big, and I usually don't like flashy colors, but it kinda fits it, it's still an ok figure.
We don't have that many accurate Dilo, so it's a welcome addition, but I think we are much more in need of a good Cryolophosaurus.
Why? Cryolophosaurus barely has any fossils to make a figure out of. It's like making a figure of the stupid Thanos abelisaurid.
Well, it's not that bad

They made Metriacanthosaurus, that is waaay more scrappy.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Halichoeres

Thanks, avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83! My order is in: Kamuysaurus, Mamenchisaurus, and Megalosaurus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I ordered the Megalosaurus, the Neovenator, the Kamuysaurus, and the dead Brontosaurus this morning.

indohyus

Will say, anyone looking for these figures, you can't ship them to the UK from Minizoo anymore. Owing to the VAT addition, they aren't shipping to the UK anymore as it's too costly.

suspsy

Quote from: indohyus on March 20, 2021, 10:48:03 PM
Will say, anyone looking for these figures, you can't ship them to the UK from Minizoo anymore. Owing to the VAT addition, they aren't shipping to the UK anymore as it's too costly.

That sucks. Good thing the UK has Everything Dinosaur.

Halichoeres

Very happy they included an invertebrate in this year's lineup. I hope that continues!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 21, 2021, 05:47:27 PM
Very happy they included an invertebrate in this year's lineup. I hope that continues!

Me too, although I hope they move on from cephalopods next year. Need some arthropods to join the trilobite.

Sim

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on March 14, 2021, 12:23:20 PM

No, it isn't.  Thanos has an unknown appearance, Cryolophosaurus has a distinctive appearance that's unique among all animals.  Your comment would be more appropriate for other things people have been suggesting e.g. Argentinosaurus, Hatzegopteryx, Quetzalcoatlus, Dakotaraptor, Dacentrurus.

Shonisaurus

It's honestly the best finished prehistoric extinct cephalopod to date. It is the most beautiful of Collecta made by Collecta by far.

Loon

Was it ever decided exactly what species the Mamenchisaurus represents?

suspsy

Quote from: Loon on March 26, 2021, 02:36:55 AM
Was it ever decided exactly what species the Mamenchisaurus represents?

CollectA hasn't officially stated the species, but it appears to be Mamenchisaurus jingyanensis, which is the largest according to Larramendi and Molina Perez.

Shonisaurus

I'm excited about the Collecta 2021 figures, they are going to be by far the only figures I bought this year along with other well-known brands or rather classics like Schleich, Papo or Safari and obviously ... Mesozoo.

It is a detail on the part of Collecta and the fortunate and privileged critics who have received these figures like Bokisaurus that they have already been shown by videos and photographs outside the promotional classics of all their 2021 figures. It is a deference on my part that I appreciate and that makes me lengthen my fangs metaphorically speaking.

For me one of the most desired figures is the previtoceras, it is the most beautiful prehistoric marine invertebrate that exists by far from all those made to date from my humble point of view.

japfeif

Received my first batch of the CollectA dinos for 2021 yesterday from Brownhouse Treasures (they always seem to get them in the earliest here in the US)....Kamuysaurus & Megalosaurus (along with the Safari Daspleto & Spino!).

Very nice, but both are much smaller than I thought they'd be. Not sure why I thought they'd be bigger (I knew they weren't in the deluxe size but still assumed they wouldn't be so small), I guess I just figured they'd have a bit more size to them.

But that aside, both are really great, especially the Megalosaurus. Much better than the promo pics I think...a bit more subdued in coloration maybe.

Can't wait for the next group to make their presence known!!

andrewsaurus rex

i'm happy to see Collecta is continuing making invertebrates as well.  I wouldn't mind if they made the tentacles on them a bit less 'dramatic' though.  I feel some of them are too long and flailing in appearance.

The figure i'm most anticipating from Collecta is the Doedicurus.  :)

Kapitaenosavrvs

The first new CollectAs are available at Urzeitshop.de

Ordered the Kamuysaurus, Megalosaurus and Mamenchisaurus, yay. But he also got the Neovenator and the dead Bronto at his Store :) (The dominant Trike from EoFauna is already sold out at Urzeitshop.de, wow)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: