News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mojö

Started by alexeratops, October 07, 2012, 04:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

So i saw mojo dinosaurs at hobby lobby and decided to start a thread about them. I dont have any right now, and i'm probably never going to get them because of all the errors! For instance, the t rex can stand on his own 2 feet and his tail is on the ground! *yuck*
I'm bad at starting threads like this because i can never post pics of my collection. >:( Just kick me out of the forum for this.  :(
like a bantha!

SBell

I had (key word: HAD) the entire run of dinos (other than the 'deluxe' rex).  I pretty much gave the bunch away--my kids kept the two raptors, and I kwpt the Tylosaurus, Sarcosuchus and Smilodon. Otherwise, the line is a poor imitator of CollectA (not surprising, given how they came about).  Mojo has proven itself very good at producing non-dinos (modern or prehistoric), but overall their dinosaur are terrible.

Takama

I love their modern animals, and there Prehistoric Mammals.

however I have no desire to get the dinosaurs, Except the Deluxe T-Rex(its size goes accurately with the modern animals)

tyrantqueen

I don't like them, their dinosaurs are poor most of the time. They are a remnant of what CollectA used to be like, before they improved themselves.

Takama

Well I beleave that the person who started Mojo Did In fact worked at CollectA for a While

postsaurischian

I do not think it's a good idea to have a thread named like this. I mean to corrupt the entire company just because someone doesn't like their Dinosaurs (The introduction is pretty poor and little convincing - sorry).

I don't like their Dinosaurs either, but that's a matter of taste and they're indeed making some very interesting modern animals such as Anna's horses ;).

tyrantqueen

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 07, 2012, 06:27:58 PM
I do not think it's a good idea to have a thread named like this. I mean to corrupt the entire company just because someone doesn't like their Dinosaurs (The introduction is pretty poor and little convincing - sorry).

I don't like their Dinosaurs either, but that's a matter of taste and they're indeed making some very interesting modern animals such as Anna's horses ;).
Good point :-[

SBell

Quote from: Takama on October 07, 2012, 06:21:39 PM
Well I beleave that the person who started Mojo Did In fact worked at CollectA for a While

It's not a belief--there was a split in the management at CollectA, where some wanted a smaller, basic line and others wanted a wide-range for collectors. I posted a discussion with Anthony Beeson from CollectA about it in DTF1.

But most of what they make other than dinosaurs are pretty good.

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 07, 2012, 06:27:58 PM

You can rename the subject when you post--won't change the thread title, but it's something.

Ikessauro

I would sugest that we delet the whole topic. There's not much to see in here, no pictures, no actual info on the toys other than people complaining that they are poorly made. As said, it's all a matter of taste and if you delete the topic now, we are not losing much anyway, then someone who actually have Mojo toys and or intend to buy them should make the thread with at least stock photos of them. It is a waste of time to make a topic to... well, post nothing relevant.

DinoToyForum

Or someone who does have the Mojo figures could post photos of them? I only have the Mosasaurus. Because it is a marine reptile. I should review it some day...

Takama

Very well, Can this be official Mojo Thread?

the only prehistorics that I own

postsaurischian

Both figures aren't horrible at all.

Can someone please rename the thread to just ... Mojö?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 07, 2012, 08:30:05 PM

Done. Good call  ^-^

SBell

I can do it! Of course, with two exceptions they are compared side-by-side with their CollectA counterparts, but it's what I have. And I'm going to leave it unsaid, which one is which (really, most are pretty obvious).

juju1305

Quote from: SBell on October 07, 2012, 09:17:07 PM
I can do it! Of course, with two exceptions they are compared side-by-side with their CollectA counterparts, but it's what I have. And I'm going to leave it unsaid, which one is which (really, most are pretty obvious).

The resemblance is almost embarrassing...

alexeratops

Hay! Everybody's just saying that it's horrible, so why not? Look i canged it back! >:D
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: alexeratops on October 07, 2012, 10:29:25 PM

Hay! Everybody's just saying that it's horrible, so why not? Look i canged it back! >:D
Postsaurischian asked the thread title to be changed because it might upset people who like this brand. Is that what you want, to upset people? ???

DinoToyForum

Please don't do that, thanks. Admin.

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 07, 2012, 11:29:23 PM

Postsaurischian asked the thread title to be changed because it might upset people who like this brand. Is that what you want, to upset people? ???

It doesn't change the thread name, just the post title.  I suppose trolling is a fun way to pass the time though...how about nobody else mention it? ;)

CityRaptor

I had the chance to buy some of these guys as Münchhagen, but 6 Euro for the Raptors and 10 Euro for the other guys ( ofcourse per creature, not all of them ) seemed a bit to expensive.

And yes, they look a lot like the earlier Collectas.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: