News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2021 (Image Heavy op)

Started by Faelrin, November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reuben03

Quote from: Dromaenychus on January 22, 2021, 03:26:34 AM
Anyone seen the pictures of the Amber Collection Tiger Raptor? It popped up in my Instagram feed for a bit only to disappear without a trace. I was expecting them to surface around here later, but no luck.
If anyone is interested in how it looked :
It was on par with the raptor squad figures. Simplified version of the movie design.
The stripes were a medium brown, close to the patterns of the "real" one, but on the face the don't go up to the top or the snout.
The back doesn't have a dark tone to it, just orange with the stripes running across the top.

The sides of the face seemed more white(or maybe cream) than orange.

I'll probably detail it a little bit to enhance when I get it. I already have a custom painted one, but I'll get the official one anyway.
it's all over youtube and google!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Dromaenychus

ah, haven't checked recently, only during the day. Thanks

Faelrin

Well here's some pics Collect Jurassic shared (which came from another source I think):

Honestly the head could have been a lot better, and more accurate, considering the price tag, never mind the disappointing eternal JW re-used raptor head sculpt for the non JW raptors. Check out marco.cavassa's edit of the head (and a comparison pic with one of the the Stan Winston animatronics. A shame they dropped the ball on this one, considering how many people like the "tiger raptor" design.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKUmn4_FOtM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

And figured I would share that there's also in box pics of the Sinoceratops and Cryolophosaurus out there. One such example (it's been reposted a bunch over there):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKRwyIplZGU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Also it seems the US will be getting the Troodon and Gallimimus wave (ditto for the new Savage Strike wave with Plesiosaurus), and not just regional stores, but Target at least. If I had to guess there might be more supply out by next month.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: Faelrin on January 22, 2021, 05:54:47 AM
Also it seems the US will be getting the Troodon and Gallimimus wave

Yes, I reported finding both of these in the wild today, just a few posts up.

Reuben03

...meanwhile in the UK
we don't expect to ever get them. we don't get any of the mattel stuff, it's actually insane.

I desperately want the blue plesiosaurus soooo bad! we don't have any of the 3 yet, let alone the new blue one. stuff that's been out for over two years most places else STILL isn't here.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

suspsy

The Troodon, the Gallimimus, and the Massive Biters Albertosaurus and Sarcosuchus recently showed up on Walmart Canada's website. That's good.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

I grabbed a Troodon, battle damage Albertosaurus and Kenner throwback Gallimimus from Walmart a few weeks ago as a holiday gift for myself. Then then rather quickly disappeared -store and online. I hope they're getting restocked as I might get duplicate Troodon.

Giganotosaurus

Is the epic roaring t rex a new sculpt? I might have to get one, Suspsy reccomended the figure to me, and it looks awesome!
Edit:
Ah, so the roaring rex is a new sculpt, nice!

Also, I can not wait also to see the Carcharodontosaurus figure! I'm interested in seeing how they scale it.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

Faelrin

Getting yet another rex (maybe this was intended for Dominion originally, unless this is for the Battle Damage line?). This time an Extreme Damage one (shared by Collect Jurassic today). Looks like a retool of the Extreme Chomping rex. Same price as it too.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Quote from: Faelrin on January 27, 2021, 02:23:13 AM
Getting yet another rex (maybe this was intended for Dominion originally, unless this is for the Battle Damage line?). This time an Extreme Damage one (shared by Collect Jurassic today). Looks like a retool of the Extreme Chomping rex. Same price as it too.

Meh.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like a Battle Damage version like the Spinosaurus was, you push a button and the blood runs while the organ "pumps" .

Carnoking

It's essentially permanent dino damage with those massive tears sculpted in, even if it isn't always red. I don't know, I think I'm saving my money for the one with capture gear.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hearing it will be a walmart exclusive, maybe as limited as the BD Spino too. If nothing else it will be for the completist.

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on January 27, 2021, 02:36:01 AM
Meh.

My thoughts exactly. I get the gimmick but it is just another T.rex, at least the other one has the capture gear as an incentive.

Giganotosaurus

According to someone on JPtoys, we may be getting Iguanadon and Lythronax this year! Plus another Suchomimus and Quetzalcoatlus. (Speaking of, was the original Quetzalcoatlus a good figure? I never got it)
Angurius on TohoKingdom

MLMjp

Quote from: Giganotosaurus on January 27, 2021, 05:17:14 PM
According to someone on JPtoys, we may be getting Iguanadon and Lythronax this year! Plus another Suchomimus and Quetzalcoatlus. (Speaking of, was the original Quetzalcoatlus a good figure? I never got it)
IGUANODON?!

Ok, ok, relax. Better be cautious and dont get excited too early otherwise disappointment may hit hard.

Yeah, the Quetz is a good figure. Has a flapping gimmick as well as one were it moves its head and closes its mouth. Also has articulated legs. But it can't  be positioned in a quadrupedal stance, always flying.

suspsy

The Quetzalcoatlus is a great toy. Both my sons and my niece love it. Indeed, the last time we were staying with family, my niece carried that pterosaur around with her constantly and even slept with it! She was very sad when the weekend came to an end and we had to go home. But I gave her a Tapejara to cheer her up and it worked well.  :)

It would be really great if Mattel repainted the Quetzalcoatlus, and gave it better distribution!

Gwangi

A second shot at the Quetzalcoatlus, just what I was hoping for!

terrorchicken

How many older figures have still only had one release so far? The amargasaurus, the nasutoceratops, the "sino" pachyrhino? any else?

Giganotosaurus

I hope the Gasosaurus is re released somehow.
Angurius on TohoKingdom

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: