News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2021 (Image Heavy op)

Started by Faelrin, November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

A repainted or retooled Quetzalcoatlus would be great to see. I have the original release. Easily Mattel's best pterosaur so far I think (as far as being close to existing fossil material and modern reconstructions go). I mean it's extensively covered in pycnofibers and the coloration is just great too.

An Iguanodon has been on my wishlist since 2018 or 2019. It is after all one of my favorite dinosaurs as well. I did see some leaked pic or something on instagram, but it just used one of the images off google images, so I'm kind of skeptical unless it was a placeholder pic. I guess time will tell if we get one. I'm sure they'll do one eventually though, if not this year, as it is one of the most popular dinosaurs out there as it is (or was).

Lythronax would be an interesting choice and is an often overlooked tyrannosaur (the only one on the market as far as I'm aware is the CollectA one, other then the upcoming BotM one). Though if they make one I can only hope there would be a Diabloceratops to pair with it some day.

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken Here's a list of everything by year that has only one version (not including repacks):

2018:

• The original "Sinoceratops" Pachyrhinosaurus roarivores sculpt
  • Mosasaurus
  • Microceratus (only in two of the Destruct-A-Saurs sets to this day, the Pteranodon, and Velociraptor)
2019:

• Mononykus
  • Dimetrodon (the original Destruct-A-Saurs figure was canceled)
  • Tapejara
  • Nasutoceratops (I imagine this will change in 2022 with Dominion's release)
  • Quetzalcoatlus
  • Amargasaurus
  • Indominus rex
  • Brachiosaurus
2020 (this could change as the year goes on):

• Ornitholestes
  • Callovosaurus
  • Troodon (may be 2021 instead, that just released early in some regions?)
  • Sauropelta
  • Postosuchus
  • Scutosaurus
  • Edmontosaurus
  • Majungasaurus
  • Irritator
  • Tarbosaurus
  • Siats
  • Gasosaurus
I should probably update my Mattel JW thread with some of the new repaints or retools coming.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinoxels

:o This was posted in a group chat I am in. Looks like a re release of some older figures and "redecos".
Note the Lythronax at the bottom and the Iguanodon near the top.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Giganotosaurus

I like the coloring on that iguandon, thanks for sharing!
I really hope they eventually release figures of the Mamenchisaurus and Corythosaurus, so that every dinosaur from the series will be represented soon.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

PrimevalRaptor

Lythronax could be fun and I'm glad for another Quetz, the first one didn't even make it to stores over here :'D
That Iguanodon looks really nice from what I can tell, glad to see this iconic species getting some more toy representation!

MLMjp

That image of the Iguanodon is a placeholder. In fact I think instead of re-releases of the actual figures, they are all placeholders and what we will actually get are repaints/retools or new molds.

But YES to the Nasutoceratops! I didnt get the original and now it goes for way too much. Whether is a repaint, retool or rerelease, I welcome it!

Faelrin

avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels Those were the ones I saw on instagram, but somehow missed the Suchomimus and Lythronax pic (though I did see the pics on JPToys the other day for those). Nearly all of those in the first pic are old figures (unless they too are placeholders, but not sure why would we would be getting yet another Parasaurolophus, after 2020's though we are getting two Baryonyx, Chaos and Limbo, an Allosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Ceratosaurus, which Collect Jurassic shared a bit back, and I already have in the op), and the Iguanodon is the pic avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp posted (and which I mentioned earlier). Hence why I am really skeptical of all of these being legit. If I recall there was also a Giganotosaurus leak going around which was already debunked as fake.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Are all of the images place holders? Except maybe the Nasuto at the top? 

Hoping a new Para is colored like the phosphorescent ones in CC s1.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 28, 2021, 01:11:12 AM

We did get a Para in those colours, though sadly it's iridescent rather than glow in the dark paint.

Wandering

Is it just me or does that Ceratosaurus look like a slightly new sculpt?   ???

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 28, 2021, 02:08:14 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 28, 2021, 01:11:12 AM

We did get a Para in those colours, though sadly it's iridescent rather than glow in the dark paint.

That one doesn't quite match up. They were more of a pearly white. There is a mini figure of it they could just make larger.

Reuben03

No talk of ever bothering to bring the Blue Plesiosaurus to the UK i imagine
:(

or any of them for that matter.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

stargatedalek

Quote from: Faelrin on January 27, 2021, 08:55:02 PM
A repainted or retooled Quetzalcoatlus would be great to see. I have the original release. Easily Mattel's best pterosaur so far I think (as far as being close to existing fossil material and modern reconstructions go). I mean it's extensively covered in pycnofibers and the coloration is just great too.

An Iguanodon has been on my wishlist since 2018 or 2019. It is after all one of my favorite dinosaurs as well. I did see some leaked pic or something on instagram, but it just used one of the images off google images, so I'm kind of skeptical unless it was a placeholder pic. I guess time will tell if we get one. I'm sure they'll do one eventually though, if not this year, as it is one of the most popular dinosaurs out there as it is (or was).

Lythronax would be an interesting choice and is an often overlooked tyrannosaur (the only one on the market as far as I'm aware is the CollectA one, other then the upcoming BotM one). Though if they make one I can only hope there would be a Diabloceratops to pair with it some day.

avatar_terrorchicken @terrorchicken Here's a list of everything by year that has only one version (not including repacks):

2018:

• The original "Sinoceratops" Pachyrhinosaurus roarivores sculpt
  • Mosasaurus
  • Microceratus (only in two of the Destruct-A-Saurs sets to this day, the Pteranodon, and Velociraptor)
2019:

• Mononykus
  • Dimetrodon (the original Destruct-A-Saurs figure was canceled)
  • Tapejara
  • Nasutoceratops (I imagine this will change in 2022 with Dominion's release)
  • Quetzalcoatlus
  • Amargasaurus
  • Indominus rex
  • Brachiosaurus
2020 (this could change as the year goes on):

• Ornitholestes
  • Callovosaurus
  • Troodon (may be 2021 instead, that just released early in some regions?)
  • Sauropelta
  • Postosuchus
  • Scutosaurus
  • Edmontosaurus
  • Majungasaurus
  • Irritator
  • Tarbosaurus
  • Siats
  • Gasosaurus
I should probably update my Mattel JW thread with some of the new repaints or retools coming.
You missed the destructasaurs Compsognathus, it's a different sculpt from the ones that came packed with human figures.

Faelrin

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek  I was more focusing on the different genera themselves when I made that list, since with Compsognathus there are the Legacy ones out there as well. Granted the Destruct-A-Saurs one is pretty different from the others, but at that point wouldn't other sculpts like the 2019 Dilophosaurus (and the 2020 one) belong there as well, if not any others?

RaptorRex

Reuben03

Quote from: RaptorRex on January 29, 2021, 11:08:16 PM
Possible Amber Collection leaks:
Thought it said Dimetrodon for a sec. Got my hopes up. :-\

Blade-of-the-Moon

CityRaptor

Mid-Sized probably doesn't mean anything, given how widespread that app uses it. I wonder if the "Mid-sized T-rex" is a version of the baby from TLW.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Reuben03

Really don't care for all the same species over and over. T rex, Velociraptor, like we don't have tons of those already.
we need More obscure species and Marine Reptiles!

CityRaptor

This is the Amber Collection, which focuses on the movies only. So unless one of those shows up in them, it won't be in the Amber Collection.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Stegotyranno420

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.