News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2021 (Image Heavy op)

Started by Faelrin, November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon If it is anything at all like last year it will be one per person (which will at least slow scalpers down from buying all the supply up all in one go). Have your info saved in your browser (I know firefox has this option) to autofill the night before, and I would suggest having stuff saved in a txt document to cntrl c and cntrl v as a backup plan if that doesn't work out. Granted even if you do everything right one could still luck out how depending on limited this is. I was very lucky to get Nedry there last year for my friend and that sold out in like 2 mins or so.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on July 14, 2021, 02:05:24 PM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon If it is anything at all like last year it will be one per person (which will at least slow scalpers down from buying all the supply up all in one go). Have your info saved in your browser (I know firefox has this option) to autofill the night before, and I would suggest having stuff saved in a txt document to cntrl c and cntrl v as a backup plan if that doesn't work out. Granted even if you do everything right one could still luck out how depending on limited this is. I was very lucky to get Nedry there last year for my friend and that sold out in like 2 mins or so.

I picked up my Nedry through Entertainment Earth, was right there when it went live, I actually had time to order two but the second was canceled even with a different card and ship address. So that one has stayed mib.  The biggest problem was the site slowed to a crawl, it couldn't handle the traffic.  I hope Mattel is ready for that.

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I am absolutely worried about that as well, even more so now since it will be exclusive to their site.

So they actually did a JPIII (male) raptor after all. And finally a new head sculpt. I actually caught a look at this due to our own D @Dino Scream3232. Looks so impressive, by the promo pics for now. Will need in package and in hand pics to be sure. Can't wait to get one to have it on display next to the Pteranodon. Now if only they do round 2 for the Legacy Collection next year (since the original attempt was canceled back in 2018). Although I do still plan on getting to repainting that extra raptor I got from 2019 at some point.

We are also getting Grant now too, and he looks great as well. Long overdue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRVSulplqAb/

Also since twitter images no longer work for me (at least on this browser), I'm going to need to majorly update this thread to fix and replace all of those seemingly broken images, at least if I can find better sources. Maybe even just add things to my imgur if need be.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on July 15, 2021, 05:27:16 AM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I am absolutely worried about that as well, even more so now since it will be exclusive to their site.

So they actually did a JPIII (male) raptor after all. And finally a new head sculpt. I actually caught a look at this due to our own D @Dino Scream3232. Looks so impressive, by the promo pics for now. Will need in package and in hand pics to be sure. Can't wait to get one to have it on display next to the Pteranodon. Now if only they do round 2 for the Legacy Collection next year (since the original attempt was canceled back in 2018). Although I do still plan on getting to repainting that extra raptor I got from 2019 at some point.

We are also getting Grant now too, and he looks great as well. Long overdue.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRVSulplqAb/

Also since twitter images no longer work for me (at least on this browser), I'm going to need to majorly update this thread to fix and replace all of those seemingly broken images, at least if I can find better sources. Maybe even just add things to my imgur if need be.

If they were smart since they are handling this in house, they would just have open orders, no limit. Let scalpers buy 500 of them. Everyone can get as many as they are willing to pay for and they would make a mint. Now from a collector standpoint of value..it would suck..but I'm not so much about value as just wanting something cool.

We know the Amber line is going to continue with Dominion, I really need a Claire figure already from ANY of the films , we have what? One JW Amber figure? and it's Owen.

terrorchicken

that Ray Arnold/raptor set is funny b/c you never actually see that scene in the film. its like they're letting you recreate your own "deleted" scene. btw that scene where the severed arm plops onto Elly's shoulder was the worst scene for me when I saw this in theaters back in 1993. I could handle the giant T-rex head crashing into screaming children, dead goat and lawyer getting eaten but a severed body part falling onto someone was just too much for me.  :))

MLMjp

Tempted by the Ray Arnold set for what it represents, but if Entertainment earth charges me +30 bucks for shipping like what happened with hammond...maybe I will wait for a regular release of Arnold.

Also, I found the Ford Explorer pack listed on El Corte Ingles website so now I dont have to worry about not being able to get it. No sign of the Nedry set unfortunately....

Faelrin

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp It's only going to be on the Mattel Creations site. Probably going to have the same issue there with shipping I suspect. Reminder for folks this is going up on July 22 at 9am PST/12pm EST.

And yeah as cool a set as this is, I won't be surprised to see a Legacy set release next year with him in it. Perhaps with a computer accessory like the AC counterpart? Would be rather shocking if they didn't as the others had regular Legacy releases.

MLMjp

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, ah, thank you. Well, I guess I will create an account just in case...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on July 19, 2021, 01:18:39 PM
avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp It's only going to be on the Mattel Creations site. Probably going to have the same issue there with shipping I suspect. Reminder for folks this is going up on July 22 at 9am PST/12pm EST.

And yeah as cool a set as this is, I won't be surprised to see a Legacy set release next year with him in it. Perhaps with a computer accessory like the AC counterpart? Would be rather shocking if they didn't as the others had regular Legacy releases.

Not sure who all it impacts but Mattel was asked about international shipping for this and they said at this time, no international shipping. Also no word on how many an individual can order as of yet.

Faelrin

Hmm that's strange because in the instagram comments they confirmed Germany and other European countries, etc. UK was the only I saw that they said they wouldn't ship too (not sure why though). But yeah it makes sense to be aware just in case they don't.

Also something I've been wondering a while now, is the delay in seeing new products in stores (at least here in the US). Anyone have the slightest inkling of what is going on? My pre-orders were delayed from Amazon (just the Masiakasaurus, and Carcharodontosaurus), if not outright canceled at this point, last I checked. I've been wanting to get my hands on the Zuniceratops, the Masiakasaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Stegosaurus, adult Bumpy, etc.

I did see something about the lack of cargo ships shipping to and from China in another collector community (amiibo), so maybe that could be the delay other then on the retailer end (not ordering the products), if not lack of materials delaying production? Just strange that some countries have had (some) supply but we are still waiting. Was hoping for a major toy reset, but there has yet to be. Last thing I heard was some Walmart stores setting up end cap displays with the Spinosaurus and Stomp 'N Escape Tyrannosaurus. I know the Mosasaurus has been available at Target too apparently? And other then the Legacy Collection Tyrannosaurus Escape set starting to pop up (although street dated to August 1). I think that's it though.

I really hope this isn't another situation like last year. Did anyone here pre-order from EE or BBTS? Did any of the stuff from there ship or was it delayed as well? Otherwise, there does seem to be plenty of third party sellers with scalped prices as usual unfortunately.

Edit: Just saw Everything Dinosaur is facing delays in the Mojo Fun thread, so it seems the shipping issue is probably the case going on. Patience is something I have, but I just wish there was more transparency going on I guess. Granted not really in the position to be out buying all these right now anyways, so a delay doesn't hurt me. I just hope they come at all (but I suppose better then being canceled altogether too). Worst case scenario I can always ask my friend in Germany to help, when I can better afford to so.

Edit 2: Did some more research on the subject matter. That shipping issue is almost certainly what is going on right now. I suppose we may get them in due time, it is now just a matter of when...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on July 19, 2021, 09:39:36 PM
Hmm that's strange because in the instagram comments they confirmed Germany and other European countries, etc. UK was the only I saw that they said they wouldn't ship too (not sure why though). But yeah it makes sense to be aware just in case they don't.

Also something I've been wondering a while now, is the delay in seeing new products in stores (at least here in the US). Anyone have the slightest inkling of what is going on? My pre-orders were delayed from Amazon (just the Masiakasaurus, and Carcharodontosaurus), if not outright canceled at this point, last I checked. I've been wanting to get my hands on the Zuniceratops, the Masiakasaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Stegosaurus, adult Bumpy, etc.

I did see something about the lack of cargo ships shipping to and from China in another collector community (amiibo), so maybe that could be the delay other then on the retailer end (not ordering the products), if not lack of materials delaying production? Just strange that some countries have had (some) supply but we are still waiting. Was hoping for a major toy reset, but there has yet to be. Last thing I heard was some Walmart stores setting up end cap displays with the Spinosaurus and Stomp 'N Escape Tyrannosaurus. I know the Mosasaurus has been available at Target too apparently? And other then the Legacy Collection Tyrannosaurus Escape set starting to pop up (although street dated to August 1). I think that's it though.

I really hope this isn't another situation like last year. Did anyone here pre-order from EE or BBTS? Did any of the stuff from there ship or was it delayed as well? Otherwise, there does seem to be plenty of third party sellers with scalped prices as usual unfortunately.

Edit: Just saw Everything Dinosaur is facing delays in the Mojo Fun thread, so it seems the shipping issue is probably the case going on. Patience is something I have, but I just wish there was more transparency going on I guess. Granted not really in the position to be out buying all these right now anyways, so a delay doesn't hurt me. I just hope they come at all (but I suppose better then being canceled altogether too). Worst case scenario I can always ask my friend in Germany to help, when I can better afford to so.

Edit 2: Did some more research on the subject matter. That shipping issue is almost certainly what is going on right now. I suppose we may get them in due time, it is now just a matter of when...

I think some of this is on purpose, some companies having exclusive rights, ect..  and we did see in past years product showing up all over the board at different times and in different countries.   Now it seemed in the past we were the more fortunate 9 times out of ten to get something first it's only this year things seem to be different. I had heard months back that there were tons of ships with cargo waiting to be cleared and allowed to dock in CA to unload, some had been sitting for weeks. Then we had that canal blockage fiasco. It may be a lot of things really.

Out of everything I ordered on Amazon a few months back Ihaven't received much.  I did get the Dimorphodon two pack from there and just today I received the first of two of the Yaz and Velociraptor Blue sets I ordered. Most of the items though still say they are waiting to update with info.

My local walmarts about two out of five received a shipment of the Spinosaurus and Stomp and Escape Rex.  That's been all the new ones since that shipment back in March/April that has the blue Plesiosaur in it and that one is being clearanced in a couple stores I saw.

GojiraGuy1954

I finally bought the mosa recently, more than 3 years after its initial release
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

ItsTwentyBelow

Found the Zuniceratops wave at Fred Meyer the other day.

Just be patient people, maybe stop preordering everything? It seems to make some people really, really anxious about when they're going to get their toys. They're just toys.

Reuben03

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on July 21, 2021, 01:57:55 AM

Just be patient people, maybe stop preordering everything? It seems to make some people really, really anxious about when they're going to get their toys. They're just toys.

"They're just toys."

the based voice of reason on the DTF

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

MLMjp

Quote from: Reuben03 on July 21, 2021, 06:04:06 AM
Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on July 21, 2021, 01:57:55 AM

"They're just toys."

the based voice of reason on the DTF
If scalpers and distribution issues didnĀ“t exist maybe we could relax a bit....

Faelrin

avatar_ItsTwentyBelow @ItsTwentyBelow Way to brush off our concerns and attempt to invalidate them. Are you aware of the after market situation for these figures? Why do you think I put off so many others brands figures on my wishlist until later?

Typically this isn't like CollectA, Safari Ltd, or even PNSO (excepting retired figures at times), because these have a far shorter shelf life (a few months, or a year at most, short of repacks which there are no guarantees of). Depending on how poorly distributed and/or how sought after, things can go for so much more on the after market, $100+ even within a few months. Wait too long and you get punished by those scalping.

Some of my favorite examples are the SS Dimetrodon from 2019 that went for over $100 in a few months time, and ditto with the AC Dilophosaurus. Plenty of more to be had I'm sure.

To add I also don't have Fred Meyers, or Meijers stores near me where these usually show up for folks without issue. Target and Walmart are my only in store options and since 2019, they have been abysmally slow compared to other areas (and sometimes not getting some figures at all). Short of major toy resets typically. Pre-ordering is typically the safest option for me, because if everything works out it means I don't have to waste time and gas searching in store for something that might not be there, or resort to paying international shipping and conversion rates if a friend has access to them.

As mentioned, many times I have also had to get my figures internationally because of distribution issues. While our situation here is generally good (especially with the Legacy and Amber Collection, perhaps the minis as well) it isn't always. Even pre-covid issues I had to resort to buying and trading with international people because figures didn't make their way here, ultimately costing me more because of shipping and conversion rates.

Tomorrow is also going to be a blood bath free for all for the exclusive, depending if it is as limited as last year. Scalpers are already putting listings up in advance (FYI all of these can be reported right now. Ebay policy requires pre-orders to ship out after 30 days, never mind it hasn't gone up for sale yet. I highly doubt it is shipping within that time frame). Another reminder to anyone that wants one set your alarm in advance, get your info saved in your browser and have a text or memo open as a backup plan with info in it to copy and paste (if you are on PC cntrl c and cntrl v will be a time saver). Refresh the Mattel Creations instagram too just in case.

ItsTwentyBelow

I'm not even thinking about the Ray Arnold SDCC set this year because my job requires me to be in the field that day. Priorities.

I'll live.

Also,

How to deal with scalpers: don't buy from them.

How to deal with distribution issues: be patient.

MLMjp

Just made an account on Mattel Creations, but Im still unsure if I want the set or not. Hey, even if I do purchase it, they might not even ship to me. I was able to add my address without any issues since my country was on the list. With some sources saying they will ship to other countries and others saying they won't, I guess we won't know until we try.

I have 25 hours and 20 minutes to make up my mind.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: