News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2021 (Image Heavy op)

Started by Faelrin, November 29, 2020, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

The Kosmoceratops looks like a retool of the Pentaceratops, which makes perfect sense. I might actually pass on the latter then; the colours on this one are an improvement.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

The Scorpiovenator and Kosmoceratops definitely have my interest piqued.

suspsy

Also, I guess the rumoured Lythronax was just that. Surely if it did exist, images would have been leaked by now. No matter.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

Sadly the Kosmoceratops link isn't working for me, hopefully Andy does a news video with the leaked pictures.
But from what I'm hearing, it sounds great! I need more ceratopsians in my collection anyway, I'll buy it if it scales up well.
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

avatar_Lynx @Lynx The Super Colossal figures are typically $50. I don't believe any of Mattel's figures have gone for more then that, at least at retail initially, short of scalper third party sellers.

Very glad to see another abelisaurid. I'm not too keen on the coloration on the Kosmoceratops but I'm impressed at how many ceratopsians they've put out. I wonder what they mean by exclusive species though, and where?

Safe to say these will be for 2022 based on the new potential packaging but obviously all the shipping delays, but I know how Mattel was in 2018 about leaks. Best to wait a bit until something is officially confirmed, but I'm tempted to go ahead and make a placeholder thread since I also want to be the one to maintain it. It will definitely take a ton of work to keep the op updated as I have done with this one, and to be brutally honest previous threads were not maintained as such.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reuben03

ahh thats cool! not bad at all. still waiting on more marine reptiles...

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on October 08, 2021, 02:42:12 PM
The Kosmoceratops looks like a retool of the Pentaceratops, which makes perfect sense. I might actually pass on the latter then; the colours on this one are an improvement.
I dont think so. The package shot seems to suggest is a small sized figure, and Pentaceratops is a medium large one...

GojiraGuy1954

I cant wait to see Mattel's Giga. Really like this design
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Reuben03

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Reuben03 on October 08, 2021, 07:56:04 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 08, 2021, 07:35:22 PM
give me a sec...
oh dont worry i saw it now

i have mixed feelings

but its an early prototype and a crusty image so i still have hope
besides, the leaked toy isn't that bad. i'd still buy it

Reuben03

Well, more leaks.

Spoiler

Giga! what can i say, nothing, because this sparks no emotion in any part of me at all.
[close]

Spoiler

Dunno what to make of the therizinosaurus, not that pretty? but feathers! yayy i guess
could be much worse!
[close]
Spoiler

this is interesting, a little sneak peak at the New quetzalcoatlus, not as bad as it could be, looking forward to seeing this in the movie, and a yangchuanosaurus? damn they messed up one of my all time favs REAL BAD
[close]

Spoiler

Last but not least, pyroraptor. i love getting feathered dromeosaur toys but im disappointed knowing we aren't even going to get a tail fan for this one. oh well.no point getting sad over a toy. like the colours tho
[close]

Reuben03

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 08, 2021, 07:58:07 PM
Quote from: Reuben03 on October 08, 2021, 07:56:04 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 08, 2021, 07:35:22 PM
give me a sec...
oh dont worry i saw it now

i have mixed feelings

but its an early prototype and a crusty image so i still have hope
besides, the leaked toy isn't that bad. i'd still buy it
yeah! suppose so. just miss the level of quality of the 2013 stuff

this was peak JP toy quality.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Reuben03 on October 08, 2021, 08:02:53 PM
Well, more leaks.

Spoiler

Giga! what can i say, nothing, because this sparks no emotion in any part of me at all.
[close]

Spoiler

Dunno what to make of the therizinosaurus, not that pretty? but feathers! yayy i guess
could be much worse!
[close]
Spoiler

this is interesting, a little sneak peak at the New quetzalcoatlus, not as bad as it could be, looking forward to seeing this in the movie, and a yangchuanosaurus? damn they messed up one of my all time favs REAL BAD
[close]

Spoiler

Last but not least, pyroraptor. i love getting feathered dromeosaur toys but im disappointed knowing we aren't even going to get a tail fan for this one. oh well.no point getting sad over a toy. like the colours tho
[close]

I think the Giga art looks pretty great. Imma wait until the smaller giga is unveiled

Gwangi

So happy to know we're getting another Quetzalcoatlus. I figured they would re-release it for Dominion but it's nice to have confirmation. The Therizinosaurus is so bizarre, it looks like a Velociraptor hybrid or something, kind of reminds me of Schleich's. Really nice to see feathers coming into the line though. 

Lynx

Wait a minute... that "Quetz" sculpt looks a bit odd...
The beak is more stubby and the crest is rounder and larger. Overall the main torso also seems a bit different from the original toy. Maybe it's a different pterosaur? Hatzegopteryx perhaps? Or it's just a resculpt, which is more likely.
Overall the paint job is sweet on every figure!
An oversized house cat.

Reuben03

Quote from: Gwangi on October 08, 2021, 08:11:50 PM
So happy to know we're getting another Quetzalcoatlus. I figured they would re-release it for Dominion but it's nice to have confirmation. The Therizinosaurus is so bizarre, it looks like a Velociraptor hybrid or something, kind of reminds me of Schleich's. Really nice to see feathers coming into the line though.
Spoiler
[close]
yeah the design
Spoiler
(bear in mind this is a MOVIE design)
[close]
is a schleich rip off in every way possible.

Reuben03

Quote from: Lynx on October 08, 2021, 08:15:48 PM
The beak is more stubby and the crest is rounder and larger. Overall the main torso also seems a bit different from the original toy. Maybe it's a different pterosaur? Hatzegopteryx perhaps?
Spoiler
we are getting a new quetzal for the movie that according to leaks is not the one from the preview, but rather a clone. so perhaps? but i think it's more likely changed to match the new design, as will be the Dimetrodon (I HOPE) and the Plesiosaurus most likely
[close]

Gwangi

Quote from: Lynx on October 08, 2021, 08:15:48 PM
The beak is more stubby and the crest is rounder and larger. Overall the main torso also seems a bit different from the original toy. Maybe it's a different pterosaur? Hatzegopteryx perhaps?

More than likely just a new sculpt of the same animal, I would think. Looks good either way, from what I can tell.

Lynx

If it is a resculpt, I have to say it's a major downgrade from the original. Way more shrink-wrapped and looks more like a monster than something you could actually see as a real animal, which seems to be happening a lot with their newer figures. I do understand why that the dominion itself gets to choose the designs, but due to Mattel sort of being known to keep the same sculpt and repainting it, you'd think they'd keep the same one  :(
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: