News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Rivera2171

Sure seems like it.

Ivántirrophus

They should change the color scheme at least. they look the same  >:(

SidB

Quote from: John on July 06, 2021, 03:27:56 PM
Quote from: SidB on July 06, 2021, 02:07:41 PM
Quote from: Dinoxels on July 06, 2021, 10:21:23 AM
Like that head looks more like Tyrannosaurus then Winter Wilson.
Overall looking like Winter Wilson but better.
It seems that PNSO is continuing their trend to evolve the quality of their products. This is very encouraging for me as a collector,  being reminiscent of Safari and CollectA, that is, responsive to consumer input, I'm assuming. In contrast to Schleich and Papo, as far as I'm aware.
I wonder iif the quick improvements are just the result of two and a half years worth of releases all coming out at once after delays from the pandemic?Maybe the Winter Wilson Tyrannosaurus was originally intended to come out in 2019 or early 2020 and this newly revealed female one was this year's release?That could account for the seemingly fast time for the improvements made over the one from just six months ago.
That would be a plausible explanation. For me, it again raises the question of why PNSO perceives the need to put out so much product so rapidly, other than to achieve a powerful advantage over the competition.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: suspsy on July 02, 2021, 11:46:20 AM
Be careful about citing birds of prey when talking about sexual dimorphism in dinosaurs; they're the exception in the avian kingdom. With most other birds, the male is either the larger one, or both sexes are the same size.]
Thanks for pointing this out. Most Oceanic Ratites and most birds of prey are often used to support the female are larger argument. In reality based on what we know it's more safer to assume males were larger

SRF

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on July 07, 2021, 02:26:50 AM
They should change the color scheme at least. they look the same  >:(

Actually, I'm glad that the colors match. I feel it helps to display them together. I'm more worried about the head sculpts being exactly the same. Now the posture of Andrea should be drastically different from Wilsons to prevent them from being too much the same. Her lying down would be a calm and refreshing take on a T. Rex.
But today, I'm just being father

JohannesB

PNSO sure have a lot of chuzpe in publishing this T. rex model on the coattails of "Wilson 2.0/Winter Wilson", and making it look almost exactly the same (but with slight amendments, like the integument/scales on the body). I assume it is in a completely different pose. (It looks to me it could indeed be lying down.) If it makes a nice set with "Winter Wilson" (which I adore) I might buy it.

RobinGoodfellow

.. I'm probably the only one here who finds strange so many comments on a figure even without  seeing it entirely..   ;)

ceratopsian

No, you are not completely alone. I need to see the entire model, especially its pose, before forming a considered opinion.

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 07, 2021, 03:20:55 PM

.. I'm probably the only one here who finds strange so many comments on a figure even without  seeing it entirely..   ;)

sauroid

i can't wait to see Andrea in all her glory. PNSO please hurry up with the proper promo pics. (there's a possibility that there's a PNSO rep reading the forum)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

lrnr21

Quote from: sauroid on July 07, 2021, 04:08:52 PM
i can't wait to see Andrea in all her glory. PNSO please hurry up with the proper promo pics. (there's a possibility that there's a PNSO rep reading the forum)

Excited as well. Cannot wait, I just got my Winter Wilson and ordered the Tarbosaurus. PNSO please.

JohannesB

Almost everything we say all the time here about the toys we love (or despise) is an opinion, I guess. Even when we are given the full promotional pictures, the figure may be different "in hand", but still, we love to post our thoughts and hypotheses. Because ultimately, all this is just fun and entertainment, isn't it? (if we ignore the responsability toy companies may have in depicting real animals according to the latest scientific insights - a discussion all of its own)  :))

Medzo

Actually I wonder how PNSO collects community feedbacks. Is there any info about this? Are they using only native Chinese reviews or do they reflect on english forums as well. Because I've read a couple of times phrases about how good PNSO is listening to their community.

ceratopsian

I've always found them responsive to emails from the days when they first ventured into selling in the west.  But I've never had any impression that they for instance visit this forum.  They don't seem to pay much attention to comments on their Facebook posts either.  Don't know about Instagram.

Quote from: Medzo on July 07, 2021, 09:06:57 PM

Actually I wonder how PNSO collects community feedbacks. Is there any info about this? Are they using only native Chinese reviews or do they reflect on english forums as well. Because I've read a couple of times phrases about how good PNSO is listening to their community.

DragonRider02

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 07, 2021, 09:20:48 PM
I've always found them responsive to emails from the days when they first ventured into selling in the west.  But I've never had any impression that they for instance visit this forum.  They don't seem to pay much attention to comments on their Facebook posts either.  Don't know about Instagram.

Quote from: Medzo on July 07, 2021, 09:06:57 PM

PNSO's official account on Instagram liked my post with painting of Lambeosaurus with figure-inspired coloration. So they must pay attention to at least some posts with PNSO hashtag.

JohannesB

Quote from: Over9K on July 03, 2021, 01:40:12 AM
I would point out that, in certain cultures, Andrea is a male name...

Interesting, possibly a gay pair (if he goes with Wilson and an adopted little chick, like in the image you showed)  ;D

MLMjp

So basically Andrea can be whatever sex the collector prefers.

sauroid

Quote from: MLMjp on July 08, 2021, 01:28:36 PM
So basically Andrea can be whatever sex the collector prefers.
they could even be brothers learning how to hunt together (but that's too mammalian).
a mated male/female pair is more plausible because we know some modern day birds mate for life.
i see so many art depiction of dinosaurs with only one offspring. werent they supposed to lay/raise more than one egg/offspring?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Andrea is officially described as being female by PNSO, but people can pretend whatever they wish.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: