News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skorpio V.

Quote from: lrnr21 on July 19, 2021, 02:23:16 AM
Aaaaand its in prone position :(

Andrea is one thicc bih, though.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

suspsy

Quote from: lrnr21 on July 19, 2021, 02:23:16 AM
Aaaaand its in prone position :(

I think it's commendable that PNSO did something different with Andrea. Striding/stalking/walking T. rex toys are as common as they come. I'd be happy to have this touch of variety on my shelf. That said, if she's the same price as Wilson, than I'm afraid it's a negative for me.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on July 19, 2021, 02:41:03 AM
Okay, I'm always excited to see a dinosaur model in a less "traditional" posture but am I the only one who thinks those back legs look a little noodly for want of a better term?
Could just be the images or angle of the photos. Guess we'll see more photos plus in hand images soon to later clarify that.

I love the prone position. I don't get why it was treated negatively as we never really get this kind of posture for any figures nowadays. It is something different and I am glad PNSO went for it. Can't wait to see photos of Andrea with Wilson and Logan.

Edit: I am kind of hoping that PNSO release a Triceratops/Torosaurus soon. Plus it would be great for an Edmontosaurus to be in the works, PNSO's hadrosaurs never fail to be beautiful.

Blade-of-the-Moon

love her! :)  Better than the CollectA sitting theropod.   It's so difficult to sculpt legs in anything but a walking position..i think they did great.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 19, 2021, 03:34:43 AM
love her! :)  Better than the CollectA sitting theropod.   It's so difficult to sculpt legs in anything but a walking position..i think they did great.
I'll echo that!

lrnr21

Carnoking

Oh man, i love that "head on" image. Yeah this is a must. It's so cool I'm actually convinced to get it and Logan now.

Bokisaurus

Yasssss! What a beautiful model she turned out to be and very unique pose!
I just love her! I'm going to get her and Logan together as soon as she is released 😃
Now I'm really excited to review this amazing model!

Creature

Oh, magnificent! Will absolutely need Andrea and Logan.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

ITdactyl

Never thought I'd see a toy company depict a broody hen tyrannosaur, but here we are.

Flaffy

Don't know how I feel about this one.

On one hand, while I would've personally enjoyed a standing pose, I don't mind a resting pose for Andrea either. After acquiring Wilson, I almost prefer it as it would add some much needed diversity in my collection. After all, you don't see resting theropod (or dinosaurs in general for that matter) figures very often. The subtle scale detail accentuates the naturalism of the figure immensely.

On the other hand... that leg looks really off. The heels are folded to an unnatural degree, and looks very uncomfortable for the animal. Here's Stan for example, with to my knowledge the maximum degree of heel folding:

Notice how the leg does not completely fold to the point where the tibia & fibula are parallel to the metatarsals. The ankle looks snapped on the figure. I would've personally preferred if Andrea was sitting in a sideways position; not only would this be far more natural, it would also be an entirely unique pose in non-resin dinosaur figures.

If PNSO insists on a belly resting pose, then I would've liked to see something like Shinzen Takeuchi's Tyrannosaurus kit or David Krentz's Spinosaurus pose:

Quote from: Carnoking on July 19, 2021, 02:41:03 AM
Okay, I'm always excited to see a dinosaur model in a less "traditional" posture but am I the only one who thinks those back legs look a little noodly for want of a better term?
avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I feel the same too. I really want to like the figure... but given it's hefty price tag, and me already owning Wilson, Andrea is going to be a potential pass for me.

SRF

avatar_Faras @Faras I came across some images with some explanation on Andrea in Chinese, on the Facebook page of Paleofiguras. If you have time, could you maybe do one of your magnificent translations again? :)

For me, Andrea is just what I expected her to be and she doesn't disappoint. :) She'll display very nicely next to Wilson and also Logan.

Speaking of Logan, purchasing him can be quite a little adventure I believe. I ordered Logan from POP Shack store on AliExpress, but they came back to me that there would be a delay of 15 days for its delivery, due to a holiday from the manufacturer. Since they are the only other store that offer Logan at the moment, I contacted Jurassic Zoo to see if they would have the same issue. They stated it should take a week before they can send it out. In the mean time, Logan has dissappeared from POP Shack stores listing, so just I decided to cancel my order for now. Maybe this is the reason why Logan hasn't shown up in stores like My Online Toy Store yet? I have sent them a question if they will have it in stock eventually.

Does anyone know if PNSO's store on Amazon charges the VAT up front to European customers? Maybe it would be the best place to get Andrea then, since I saw that some AliExpress stores don't offer free delivery on Museum line models anymore.
But today, I'm just being father

Faras

avatar_SRF @SRF sure thing  :) going out now so in a few hours, tho seems like nothing interesting aside from "she can lie down/get up without using arms"

Estimated crowdfunding shipping date for Kronosaurus is 25-27th July (giving their history it woukd probably ship 2-3 days earlier). Should appear on Amazon then, and on AliExpress around 1st August with Andrea.

Link to new pics of Krono (sorry seems i can't post pic directly from phone ???): https://m.modian.com/main/update_detail/113464/66940.html

SRF

avatar_Faras @Faras no worries, it can wait. Allthough I'm mostly curious if it says that Andrea is based on a specific T. Rex specimen or not. It doesn't seem to be, does it?
But today, I'm just being father

Psittacoraptor

She looks like a brooding hen, I like it.

avatar_SRF @SRF Amazon global always charges taxes and duties upfront. Just to get a taste of what Andrea would cost on Amazon (taxes are 19% in this case, they always charge the VAT of the country the package is getting delivered to):

As a comparison, this is what I paid on Aliexpress for Wilson (+1.20€ shipping with a second model):

Now about Logan...

This gave me a good laugh, that's 12€ more than what I paid for the Yutyrannus incl. tax + shipping at My Online Toy Store two weeks ago, before the prices were raised.

Needless to say, my love affair with PNSO is over, unless the price binding at Aliexpress stores is removed, and they ship museum line models to Germany (EU?) again.

On a positive note: I got the Yutyrannus today and it's beautiful. Wonderful sculpt and paint job. Even the teeth are well painted, which surprised me given how tiny they are.

EDIT: avatar_SRF @SRF Did POP Shack Store say anything about why they removed PNSO products from their store? I put some Minis in my cart yesterday since they had some I wanted and couldn't find elsewhere. Now they're all no longer available and the listing is gone. What is going on? Is PNSO at war with Ali? :( :( :(

ceratopsian

I'm glad PNSO went for lying down rather than the ubiquitous striding Tyrannosaurus.  I might tempt me to break my general rule of no more T-rex in my collection.  But I do think that ankle bend looks terribly acute.

Shonisaurus

I really like that resting tyrannosaurus I think there is no figure like that in the dinosaur collecting market. I sincerely understand that PNSO focusing on the tyrannosaurus rex will never be insufficient new representations of that iconic dinosaur as it also happens with the triceratops. It looks like a lion or a dog at rest. Magnificent strategy as I have already commented on other occasions by PNSO.

Dinoxels

The idea of the pose is great and I love it.
Everything torso up looks good, but man it gets so weird past that. As mentioned the legs are bent way too far, and they just feel like they carry no weight despite trying to depict as such. Something about that tail also rubs me the wrong way.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

JohannesB

Watching those hyper-bent hind legs of Andrea, I almost feel the pain myself...

Could have been much better, IMHO. (Not that there aren't a lot of illustrations and figures that get it right, which PNSO could have maybe used as a reference.) A shame, because I wanted to get the figure. But I still might acquire it, because I still think it is beautiful.

MLMjp

Good for those who want to see more resting theropods...

Guess I will have wait for the BOTM 1/35 T.rex then...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: