News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

uhhh Andrea's hind limbs look awkwardly/unnaturally bent/folded... just saying
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Faelrin

Like you I will be waiting for the 1/35 scale one. But I should mention I am fine with sitting poses. It is especially refreshing to see an adult Tyrannosaurus sitting/resting. However the legs position do look anatomically off (I agree the splayed posture would have been better) and it still suffers from the teeth slippage that Wilson had. At least the body texture is a marked improvement over Wilson. And ultimately the price is a big issue for me. Just not something I can afford right now (had to delay my plans of picking up the Yutyrannus and Spinosaurus, etc).

Additionally I typically avoid buying figures over $50+, the only exceptions were the Papo 2019 Spinosaurus, and some of the BotM ceratopsian action figures, because of the articulation, complex paint apps, and larger/huge sizes.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I'd love it if PNSO released a resting ceratopsian or stegosaur or hadrosaur. A Torosaurus plopped down on its side would be sweet.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SRF

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on July 19, 2021, 09:40:16 AM
She looks like a brooding hen, I like it.

avatar_SRF @SRF Amazon global always charges taxes and duties upfront. Just to get a taste of what Andrea would cost on Amazon (taxes are 19% in this case, they always charge the VAT of the country the package is getting delivered to):

As a comparison, this is what I paid on Aliexpress for Wilson (+1.20€ shipping with a second model):

Now about Logan...

This gave me a good laugh, that's 12€ more than what I paid for the Yutyrannus incl. tax + shipping at My Online Toy Store two weeks ago, before the prices were raised.

Needless to say, my love affair with PNSO is over, unless the price binding at Aliexpress stores is removed, and they ship museum line models to Germany (EU?) again.

On a positive note: I got the Yutyrannus today and it's beautiful. Wonderful sculpt and paint job. Even the teeth are well painted, which surprised me given how tiny they are.

EDIT: avatar_SRF @SRF Did POP Shack Store say anything about why they removed PNSO products from their store? I put some Minis in my cart yesterday since they had some I wanted and couldn't find elsewhere. Now they're all no longer available and the listing is gone. What is going on? Is PNSO at war with Ali? :( :( :(

Thanks for that info. Yeah I initially purchased Logan for even way less than that at POP Shack. The problem is, some sellers on AliExpress now also charge delivery costs for the larger models like Wilson. POP Shack didn't mention anything about why they removed products from their store. If I'm correct about the Nanotyrannus, it's just because their out of stock at the moment.

Sometimes, if you're looking for a specific product on AliExpress, you can still find it while a seller hasn't listed it anymore on the store page. Hope that helps. You are in Germany right? I know a Dutch reseller has a lot of PNSO mini's still on his website: https://www.speelboer.com/modellen/pnso

Only thing is that I don't know how expensive shipping will be for you if you order there.
But today, I'm just being father

Carnoking

Yeah, I might have preferred her reclining on her side rather than her belly to avoid the bendy bendy legs but I'm still just happy to see something unique.

Dinoxels

Quote from: suspsy on July 19, 2021, 01:02:40 PM
I'd love it if PNSO released a resting ceratopsian or stegosaur or hadrosaur. A Torosaurus plopped down on its side would be sweet.
I second this. Also, a popular theropod with broken legs but a cool torso and head? I wonder where I have seen that before....
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinoxels on July 19, 2021, 02:27:08 PM
Quote from: suspsy on July 19, 2021, 01:02:40 PM
I second this. Also, a popular theropod with broken legs but a cool torso and head? I wonder where I have seen that before....

Doug will be the first to tell you they aren't broken, look at crocodilians in the same pose, that was the inspiration. Yes it looks awkward to us but by no means implausible.

I can think of only one other sitting theropod "toy" and this is better than it by a bit.

Not a toy but Shinzen's sitting Rex is pretty awesome, but it's also portraying an old more emaciated male T.rex as I recall. We do have the Sideshow Dilophosaurus too as well as a few other model kits out there.

Tracy Ford made a big deal on facebook when Sarah Whelan-Devan released the reclining model of the Ceratosaurus , Rose , saying how that position was impossible for dinosaurs. 

So I'm not sure that would have worked.  I will say sitting theropods are a royal pain to get right, I did pages of sketches trying to figure out what looked correct and I still havent 100% managed it to my satisfaction.

I'm not going to say it's accurate or correct but I really don't know, but animals put themselves in all sorts of what we might think of as "extreme" positions.  I have a friend that can twist their foot inward and stand there on it whenever they like but it makes me shudder as if I did they I'd break it.  Just saying a lot is possible.

SRF

Just got a reply from My Online Toy Store. They say that PNSO has only released a limited number of Nanotyrannus models, which are mostly sold by PNSO. MOTS doesn't know when they will get the Nanotyrannus, they told me they will "sell it when we get it."

Looks like PNSO really is targeting to market their products at their Amazon store first and through other channels later. Or it could be due to summer holidays that stocking other stores isn't going as quickly as normal?

Faelrin

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor Happy Hen Toys is another option that still has the PNSO minis individually.

https://www.happyhentoys.com/pnso-online-store-mini-dinosaur-museum.html

Although prices seem to have jumped up on some of them (I think). Shockingly the Nemicolopterus is going for $24.99!

avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen Hey if you are still around, is there a reason for this? Am I correct in remembering that one and some of the others were cheaper recently? Is it related to PNSO increasing costs as of late?

Edit: Also sad to see Model Toy Center (at least on their stores category page, still seem to have a few show up from them by searching PNSO) and Pop Shack store no longer has any PNSO products. Also a shame that My Online Toy Center no longer has any no box options that I can see. It's unfortunate as not only did it make them a little bit cheaper, it was better for me as I do not have the space for such things. I guess there's always storage though. It makes me glad I got the Lambeosaurus, Microraptor, and especially the Parasaurolophus and most of the minis when I did. Still have a few on my wishlist (such as the Spinosaurus, etc), but it could be a while before I can get to them now. It's hard for me to justify spending nearly $40 on smaller figures, despite how nice they are. And then there's shipping on top of that (although Aliexpress still has cheap shipping), so much more like $50. I'm just too poor for this brand these days I guess. Just a shame the $22 price range was so short lived, and all in a span of a few months difference. I guess a shortage of materials could justify the price hikes, but I'm really not sure, as I'm not seeing this in other brands yet, but most of those also aren't China based so have different country economies, etc, at play as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinoxels

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 19, 2021, 02:33:15 PM
I'm not going to say it's accurate or correct but I really don't know, but animals put themselves in all sorts of what we might think of as "extreme" positions.  I have a friend that can twist their foot inward and stand there on it whenever they like but it makes me shudder as if I did they I'd break it.  Just saying a lot is possible.
I still think the Spinosaurus looks odd even if Doug says it. Anyways, I know we have sitting impressions from a Dilophosaurus where they sat relatively upright, but who really knows as there is only so much we can take from bones and impressions. And yes, a lot is possible but at the end of the day it has to look somewhat reasonable. But I understand your point.

Carnoking

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon im glad you brought up that ceratosaurus as that's more of what I was hoping for but I never heard about it being an impossible posture, that's interesting.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dinoxels on July 19, 2021, 02:41:37 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 19, 2021, 02:33:15 PM
I still think the Spinosaurus looks odd even if Doug says it. Anyways, I know we have sitting impressions from a Dilophosaurus where they sat relatively upright, but who really knows as there is only so much we can take from bones and impressions. And yes, a lot is possible but at the end of the day it has to look somewhat reasonable. But I understand your point.

I could post pics of crocs and gators in that pose but they are easy enough to find so I see what he was aiming at, it's definitely different.  At the end of the day all we can is some understanding and leeway, I can appreciate that.

Quote from: Carnoking on July 19, 2021, 02:42:11 PM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon im glad you brought up that ceratosaurus as that's more of what I was hoping for but I never heard about it being an impossible posture, that's interesting.

Tracy actually sort of stalked her posts on facebook pointing it out every time she or someone else posted it up. I didn't see any proof but he kept saying it was a mammalian posture and dinosaurs spines/muscles couldn't do that. She replied that it was just a speculative/art pose but he wasn't deterred.

sauroid

the folded limbs under the body is also mammalian. it would have looked more appropriate if the legs were splayed, more bird-like.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Kapitaenosavrvs

avatar_Faras @Faras Thanks for the new Kronosaurus Pics! Looks like a small Base will be there. Hopefully not just a clear plastic Base like the new Rods... What does the Crowdfunding mean in this case? Was this one managed via Crowdfunding in China? Sorry if i am late to the Party, if that is generally known.

avatar_SRF @SRF Thank you for the Link to the dutch shop! Some of their Prices look okay, others are just ridiculus :D But this is a source of PNSO for us in the EU. ED is still the best, but also quite pricey now with shipping and vat.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thanks for the Link aswell, but it looks like Happy Hen just ships within the US?

Dinoxels

Perhaps something like this would have been more visually pleasing...

(maybe with the hands being a bit more cupped)
Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 19, 2021, 03:06:42 PM
avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thanks for the Link aswell, but it looks like Happy Hen just ships within the US?
Yeah, I would try Minizoo instead. Much better prices and they ship to more places:https://www.minizoo.com.au/pnso/mini-dinosaurs/

Flaffy

Thanks Faras for the heads up

Rivera2171

This is the one I am most looking forward to...

SRF

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on July 19, 2021, 03:06:42 PM
avatar_Faras @Faras Thanks for the new Kronosaurus Pics! Looks like a small Base will be there. Hopefully not just a clear plastic Base like the new Rods... What does the Crowdfunding mean in this case? Was this one managed via Crowdfunding in China? Sorry if i am late to the Party, if that is generally known.

avatar_SRF @SRF Thank you for the Link to the dutch shop! Some of their Prices look okay, others are just ridiculus :D But this is a source of PNSO for us in the EU. ED is still the best, but also quite pricey now with shipping and vat.

Yeah I can understand that prices will be a little higher here then when we're ordering directly from China, but some figures were almost double the price compared to how they were in the "old days" of AliExpress shopping. The store owner is a nice guy though. I think he's following the same schedule as Everything Dinosaur when it comes to when he has some models available. He's not too far behind, since I've seen that he has the Allosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus in stock.

Faras

avatar_SRF @SRF Sadly not, no rumour either atm, she's 12.5m - many specimens are around this size, and her head in pic does look similar to Wilson's  :o

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy My pleasure :) Thanks for posting it here!

It says "what you see here is what you'll get" on the bottom (though these do often look slightly different from actual figures, e.g. weird teeth in Yutyrannus pics). imho looks promising apart from worse teeth than promotion imgs, and probably falling off those stands when you sneeze...

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Those small bases are actually two theropods stands :o Initial release of Kronosaurus came without any stand. Unsurprisingly they got loads of complains and decided to make amend about two weeks later - too late to open new product line and Krono is too small to use vinyl figures stands. Well good they listened to feedbacks at least ;)

Yeah PNSO has been releasing some new figures (Carcharodontosaurus, sci-art posters, Yutyrannus, Kronosaurus, T. rex and Sinoceratops bookstands so far) as crowdfunding projects about two months before official releases. Judging from previous projects, PNSO would put Krono on Amazon as soon as they start to send out crowdfunding rewards (official releases in China/AliExpress about a week later). Shouldn've explained crowdfunding thing in earlier post, sorry about causing confusions :)

Psittacoraptor

I really like that Kronosaurus. The colouration is simple but appealing, and the green eyes are a nice touch.

avatar_SRF @SRF I can only find two stores that still sell the newer big ones like Wilson. My Online Toy Store doesn't sell the bigger models to Germany anymore :(. Only Jurassic Zoo Store still ships them here (and for free!). But frankly, the museum line boxes are pretty big, I wouldn't be surprised if shipping them for free isn't sustainable. I paid 1,20€ shipping for Wilson a couple of months ago, which is nothing really. That's basically currency exchange fluctuations.

Thanks for the link but the language setting on that site is really buggy, it keeps reverting to Dutch, which I don't speak/understand. They also don't have the minis I want, sadly.

The replies you got from those stores makes me think PNSO really wants people to use their Amazon store. They can keep Logan then, I'm not paying 42+ € for that tiny thing. If it was resin with a nice base, maybe. But for a simple PVC? No chance.

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin That store seems to only ship to the US. If I had to guess, the Nemicolopterus price is jacked up because it's a rare and sought-after model. This happens a lot with video game/anime/movie figures. I doubt the price has anything to do with PNSO in this case.

I found the Nemicolopterus for the regular price weeks ago, it's on its way to me. Now I'm still looking for the small bird-like minis because they would scale reasonably well with the bigger figures. Hopefully Pop Shack Store will sell them again.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: