News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

If it's only sold with all the extra's it's probably going to be a very expensive set.  :o

With Jeff, Andrea and now Er-ma, PNSO seems to focus now more on the Museum Line. I wonder if that's what we can expect from them in the second half of this year.
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

Recopone! What a beautiful dinosaur. That mamenchisaurus is by far the best a toy or collectible (resin) dinosaur company has ever made it honestly outperforms its Collecta counterpart. When will it be available?

They are tireless PNSO, they will end up indebting more than one person with their commercializations. Honestly, PNSO must do very well financially when they market continuous figures. What a great company!

PNSO with its highly scientific dinosaur figures and Nanmu Studio with its fictional movie dinosaurs are some of the best dinosaur companies out there today.

JimoAi

I've noticed it has a club on the end of the tail. I think it will be in the $100 range but it looks to be a long figure rather than a bulky figure. Hope to see an updated brachiosaurus or a titanosaur from them

SRF

Some new promo images PNSO shared of Andrea, also together with Wilson. Her head seems to be a bit darker than Wilsons, but the sculpt seems to be exactly the same.

But today, I'm just being father

Psittacoraptor

Oh, that Mamenchisaurus looks great. I'm not sure if I will get it, though. It's 1:45 and I don't want to collect figures smaller than 1:35. One aspect I find a bit disappointing is the standard sauropod colour scheme. I wish they had at least kept the neck stripes from this artwork in the figure:

Quote from: lrnr21 on July 27, 2021, 07:40:48 AM

Andrea looks great on the new photos. Although seeing how far down her head is, they could have just made in her in a sleeping position with her head on the ground and her eyes closed. That would have been even more interesting. Are there any sleeping dino figures (aside from the obvious Mei)?

PhilSauria

Damn! on the very day that I not only cast doubt on PNSO ever releasing a Sauropod, and take delivery of the magnificent Mamenchisaurus from CollectA - PNSO goes and releases not only a Sauropod but a Mamenchisaurus!

Yeah I'll try to get hold of that thing one way or another, despite the inevitable high price tag it will no doubt be listed with. And as colour schemes (within reason) or scale (unless they are too small) have never been a major issue with me - it's on my list.

And seeing the resting Tyrannosaurus from a slightly different angle has me considering that bend in leg does not look quite as odd as I thought on seeing the first image, and it is a very unusual pose for this animal. More images may very well have me pencilling that one onto my wants list.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: SRF on July 27, 2021, 10:22:03 AM

I tend to not write in this thread anymore, but it seems my thoughts were right. They moved Andrea for shots. When she is in her normal Position, there is no room to open the Mouth. In the closeup, the rolled her to the left, so the Head is more lifted from the Ground. It is clear with the position on her right arm. Meh. Still looks like a wonderful Figure to me. There is no Figure without flaws. And that is okay for me. I will not buy her, because of the Price and i do not have Winter Wilson. But i think its a good Model.

Mamenchi looks wonderful, but it out of my range. It is interesting to see, how the same(~) Animal looks similar with different Companys. I think there is a similarity with CollectAs. Speaks for the Companys and their Research overall. This is not a black and white Statement on Facebook.

suspsy

Er-ma is an easy pass. I already own the superb CollectA Mamenchisaurus and it only costs a fraction of this one's price tag. Granted, we don't know the actual price yet, but a 48 cm long sauropod from PNSO certainly isn't going to cost under $50!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faras

Crowdfunding prices for new Mamenchisaurus (including all goodies listed) is in line with old one (149 (limited) and 169 RMB, listing price for old one is 199RMB), so I guess global price wouldn't be too far off. Hope new museum figures in the future come with those additions since currently a booklet can't justify the price difference.

SidB

I'm wondering what the cost would be without all the extras, just the basic Er-ma. If it's not too exorbitant it would work well with my existing Er-ma and the two minis in the diorama.

JohannesB

The blurb for the Mamenchisaurus model, "Based on the latest scientific research, the new Er-ma, the Mamenchisarus model is not just a model, but a part of ZHAO Chuang and YANG Yang's Solution for Creative Activities in Children's Space from PNSO New Aesthetic Education Project, coming with a full set of materials for DIY a PNSO Dinosaur Museum Scientific Art Exhibition of Er-ma the Mamenchisaurus", is so over the top it is unintentionally hilarious :-) It puts me off, but in a funny way ;-)

Flaffy

Lipless sauropod? That's a first. Hopefully it won't be a trend for PNSO sauropods going forward.

Faras

Oops misclicked on post instead of preview :/ removing this one since it's gonna take a while before I finish the post properly since loads of text...

Faelrin

I wonder how this will compare alongside the CollectA one, if not their older Mamenchisaurus. I'm glad to see a sauropod finally even if it is a remake of a previous one. Also yes this makes me relieved CollectA released a much cheaper one this year, that looks good.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Not a first, from them or any company unfortunately. PNSO's Amargasaurus is lipless. Not sure their previous Mamenchisaurus had them either. Many other companies have done so as well. Safari Ltd has several lipless sauropods (the Diplodocus and Amargasaurus), which yeah I'm not a fan of, and many other brands as well. Good for you pointing this out though as I nearly missed that (on phone atm). The eyes are painted rather strange too. Look like googly eyes to me.

Edit: Thanks avatar_Faras @Faras for information about the beak. I know Camarasaurus at least has one. Not sure about any other sauropods but well I've hardly studied them much as is compared to other dinosaurs. Need to change that.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dinoxels

Quote from: Faras on July 27, 2021, 12:59:00 PM

PNSO naturalist price: 169 RMB (unlimited)

That translates to $26 USD.
Yeah no way that's right.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on July 27, 2021, 01:09:12 PM
avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Not a first, from them or any company unfortunately. PNSO's Amargasaurus is lipless. Not sure their previous Mamenchisaurus had them either. Many other companies have done so as well. Safari Ltd has several lipless sauropods (the Diplodocus and Amargasaurus), which yeah I'm not a fan of, and many other brands as well. Good for you pointing this out though as I nearly missed that (on phone atm). The eyes are painted rather strange too. Look like googly eyes to me.

Ah right, forgot about those. Regardless, still a very weird choice to include a speculative hard keratin covering (aka "beak"), yet leave the teeth exposed. I don't believe sauropod teeth had any adaptations for extended periods of dry-air exposure?

A trend I notice with PNSO: Fantastic models "ruined" by minor but glaring inaccuracies.
("ruined" in heavy quotations, as I still think these are among the best dinosaur models ever made. But to label these as strictly scientific reconstructions is problematic.)

Edit: Thanks avatar_Faras @Faras for information about the beak. I know Camarasaurus at least has one. Not sure about any other sauropods but well I've hardly studied them much as is compared to other dinosaurs. Need to change that.

I believe diplodocids had some indication of a keratinised "beak"

Flaffy

Quote from: Dinoxels on July 27, 2021, 01:22:53 PM

That's correct for mainland China's crowdfunding backing price. But the overseas price will be marked up heavily.
The final mainland price point will probably be 199 RMB as Faras stated. Which would translate to the $59.99 price point on Amazon according to historical data.

Bread

Quote from: Dinoxels on July 27, 2021, 01:22:53 PM

Was just about to comment that. No way is that correct.

Unfortunately I am in no position to collect sauropods. Unless the price really is below $30, I won't be picking this one up. However; this gives me hope PNSO will resume herbivores for a bit.

Also, are crowdfunded projects going to be more common now? Been noticing PNSO are using them often, which I want to note is not a bad thing whatsoever.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Does PNSO think that Mamenchisaurus and Amargasaurus are the only sauropods in existence?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 27, 2021, 01:30:02 PM
Does PNSO think that Mamenchisaurus and Amargasaurus are the only sauropods in existence?
I know right! Especially since CollectA just released a Mamenchisaurus (which is more affordable), followed by the numerous Amargasaurus' that exist in the market. Although I don't collect sauropods, I hope PNSO produce more than just these two.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: