News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Carnoking on January 15, 2021, 09:33:18 PM
Anyone have any guesses for this week's figure?

Zhuchengtyrannus. Pretty please.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Well we know there is an Edmontonia but who knows when, and there is a possibility that the Parasaurolophus, Pachycephalosaurus, Zhuchengtyrannus and possibly the Torosaurus. I also think there is a non dinosaur coming at some point, probably a marine animal as all there other non dinosaurs are, and possibly a Ceratosaurus. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Yutyrannus so the Microraptor isn't their only feathered dinosaur, but that might not be in this year's batch.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Loon

I'd be happy to see a Sauropod, maybe Europasaurus?

As for species they've already made that I'd like to see larger, I'd love an Ouranosaurus or Chasmosaurus.

Also, maybe a Yutyrannus?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Loon on January 15, 2021, 09:43:53 PM
I'd be happy to see a Sauropod, maybe Europasaurus?

As for species they've already made that I'd like to see larger, I'd love an Ouranosaurus or Chasmosaurus.

Also, maybe a Yutyrannus?
I'd buy all 4 of those
And get rid of my Bullyland Europasaurus too
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gwangi

Allosaurus. A wish more than a guess.

Primeval12

I want a Sinornithosaurus with accurate coloring or maybe a Gigantoraptor.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Primeval12 on January 15, 2021, 09:58:57 PM
I want a Sinornithosaurus with accurate coloring or maybe a Gigantoraptor.
yes to both of these as well

Bread

Hopefully ones that we have been teased about. I expect a Parasaurolophus, Zhuchengtyrannus, Edmontonia, or Allosaurus.

Something I noticed, and commented on in one of these PNSO threads is about their Stegosaurus. That figure is removed from their Amazon store, which in my opinion is their primary store since you are able to directly contact PNSO. I believe we could receive an update for this genus from them, since they are releasing an Allosaurus any time soon. But one can only hope...
Please know this assessment of the Stegosaurus is not confirmed, but just noticed on their Amazon store.

Lynx

Quote from: Bread on January 15, 2021, 10:13:42 PM
Hopefully ones that we have been teased about. I expect a Parasaurolophus, Zhuchengtyrannus, Edmontonia, or Allosaurus.

Something I noticed, and commented on in one of these PNSO threads is about their Stegosaurus. That figure is removed from their Amazon store, which in my opinion is their primary store since you are able to directly contact PNSO. I believe we could receive an update for this genus from them, since they are releasing an Allosaurus any time soon. But one can only hope...
Please know this assessment of the Stegosaurus is not confirmed, but just noticed on their Amazon store.
I don't think they are making a new Stegosaurus figure. Figures are normally removed by PNSO because they were older then the rest. However it still is very possible after the Allosaurus teaser.
An oversized house cat.

Bread

Quote from: Lynx on January 15, 2021, 10:18:46 PM

I don't think they are making a new Stegosaurus figure. Figures are normally removed by PNSO because they were older then the rest. However it still is very possible after the Allosaurus teaser.
If that's true, then their Ankylosaurus and Megalodon (the one with the articulated jaw) would have been removed as well. They were all released in May 2019.

Lynx

Quote from: Bread on January 15, 2021, 10:21:41 PM
Quote from: Lynx on January 15, 2021, 10:18:46 PM

If that's true, then their Ankylosaurus and Megalodon (the one with the articulated jaw) would have been removed as well. They were all released in May 2019.
One reason I think they are still there is because of how well the sales have been for those two figures. However my logic is not confirmed, and it is still completely possible for a new stegosaurus to be made. Fingers crossed!
An oversized house cat.

Sim

If a new Stegosaurus was coming, why would the image that hints at an Allosaurus have the current PNSO Stegosaurus in it?

Stegotyranno420

How about the rumored carcharodontosaurus?

Lynx

Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 16, 2021, 01:54:32 AM
Not sure how I feel about it. I think CollectA did an amazing job at it, but a PNSO version would be interesting. The longer it's not 70 dollars like a certain figure (I am looking at you Wilson) I'll buy it. Honestly I would prefer an Allosaurus as I don't think any company has done it well.
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

Yeah we could use a good Allosaurus. maximus (or saurophaganax)

Bread

I honestly thought PNSO's Stegosaurus sold pretty well, not as well as their Ankylosaurus, but presumably better than the Megalodon.
Quote from: Sim on January 15, 2021, 10:40:03 PM
If a new Stegosaurus was coming, why would the image that hints at an Allosaurus have the current PNSO Stegosaurus in it?
Good point, but who knows? I do have high doubts for a new Stegosaurus, but one could only hope for an update. I wasn't a fan of their current Stegosaurus, and Safari's does not satisfy me enough.
Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 16, 2021, 01:54:32 AM
Who, what, where? If this is true, I am somewhat excited, since GR toys is quite expensive. Safari's is okay, does the job for now, and CollectA's wide body bothers me quite a bit.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Bread @Bread i also look forward to a stegosaurus, if you couldn't tell by my name. Many think of me as a theropod enthusiast but I'd rather have more (accurate) stegosaurus figures than tyrannosaurus or even giganotosaurus figures. Naturally I'd love one. Rebor's is to expensive, safari is too and I don't like the colors to much, and Bieber is, well, you know,

As for the carcharodontosaurus I said so because earlier in 2020 there was talk about one.

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 16, 2021, 02:48:17 AM
avatar_Bread @Bread i also look forward to a stegosaurus, if you couldn't tell by my name. Many think of me as a theropod enthusiast but I'd rather have more (accurate) stegosaurus figures than tyrannosaurus or even giganotosaurus figures. Naturally I'd love one. Rebor's is to expensive, safari is too and I don't like the colors to much, and Bieber is, well, you know,

As for the carcharodontosaurus I said so because earlier in 2020 there was talk about one.
Haha yes, I'd like a more definitive Stegosaurus as well. I also forgot about Rebor's, but its also somewhat based on JP, I rather have a more up to date model. However, as much as I would like a new Stegosaurus, I have high doubts sadly...

A rumor of a possible carcharodonotosaurus sounds pleasing, but again I have doubts. It is more likely we will receive figures that have been teased or slightly revealed. Allosaurus, Zhuchengtyrannus, Parasaurolophus, and Edmontonia are rather more likely to be released at some point. However, you never know, and I have come to realize PNSO are somewhat of a mystery when releasing figures.

Also, I want to note about the Torosaurus. I've noticed a demand for one, and honestly I am part of that group. However, I thought this genus was revealed to be a vinyl rather than a normal figure in the past? I believe I still have images saved of that vinyl prototype. Including the Parasaurolophus and Boreopelta. Hopefully they won't be vinyls, as I much rather have them in the mid size figure line, or even museum line.

cooksonia

"Hopefully they won't be vinyls"

What's the issue with vinyls? Just curious

Bread

Quote from: cooksonia on January 16, 2021, 11:29:36 AM
"Hopefully they won't be vinyls"

What's the issue with vinyls? Just curious
"Hopefully they won't be vinyls, as I much rather have them in the mid size figure line, or even museum line." I don't have an issue with vinyls. I just would rather have a consistent size range. If they produce more vinyls, I wouldn't mind. I have even been tempted to purchase some of PNSO's old vinyls as they are available on Aliexpress.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: