News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

Evan doesn't seem to have an articulated jaw but he is a pretty sizable figure. I wonder what that means for his price. I'm not really into marine animals, but I find this one very tempting.

But today, I'm just being father

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Andre

man... no break... and it's number 57, so there is at least 3 more..
I love it....

Bread

Easy pass for me as I don't collect prehistoric marine life (besides their Dunkleosteus).

Like SRF stated, it does not seem to have an articulated jaw, but I wonder why? Regardless, I wonder if this one will receive a lower price?

suspsy

I already have the Carnegie and Wild Safari Tylosauruses; I don't feel any desire for Evan. It would be a whole other story if we were talking about Prognathodon or Gnathomortis or Plotosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

At least it isn't in the museum line. Can't be more then $42.99 right?

I guess this was the mystery mosasaur on their Amazon marine store page?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

PrimevalRaptor

Oh wow, this one looks really nice, love the blue tones and the scales. Another species of mosasaur would have been neat since we already got some great Tylosaurus out there but as a mosasaur fan, this is a pretty neat model.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Will also pass on this one. I'm pleased to see more non dinosaurs but not getting an animal I already have one in really happy with. How many other Mosasaurs are there that haven't been touched?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Gwangi

I don't have a Tylosaurus. Never liked the Safari one and I'm unlikely to find a Carnegie one at this point, so I may consider this one. It all depends on the price.

stargatedalek

It looks perhaps a little bit to much like an accurate version of the Jurassic World Mosa, down to the colours and pose, but it's the first figure of theirs in a while to tempt me.

Psittacoraptor

Easy pass for me. Dull paint and wide open, "screaming" mouth, two things I dislike in figures.

SenSx

Yes I would have prefered a new Mosasaur, but it looks really nice.

sauroid

am i the only one who's glad that it isnt another Mosasaurus? a new Tylosaurus is very welcome as far as i am concerned. it's a sure buy for me.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

John

This new Tylosaurus is a must have for me. 8)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Shonisaurus

I'm so glad that PNSO is focusing on prehistoric non-dinosaur animal figures. The atopodentatus that I have is great, the same I think they will be the kronosaurus and this tylosaurus although the size will be logically larger. It reminds me a lot of a mosasaurus and it is very beautiful, it goes very well with figures like the Collecta mosasaurus, it has many similarities in terms of work beauty.

suspsy

Quote from: sauroid on September 17, 2021, 03:55:45 PM
am i the only one who's glad that it isnt another Mosasaurus? a new Tylosaurus is very welcome as far as i am concerned. it's a sure buy for me.

Well, PNSO already did Mosasaurus awhile back, so it wasn't likely they were going to tackle it again.

It really is a nice-looking Tylosaurus.

sauroid

Quote from: suspsy on September 17, 2021, 06:40:00 PM

Well, PNSO already did Mosasaurus awhile back, so it wasn't likely they were going to tackle it again.

well PNSO are known for redoing their popular animals and theyve redone their T. rex, Mamenchisaurus, Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus so on and so forth
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Quote from: sauroid on September 17, 2021, 06:52:18 PM
Quote from: suspsy on September 17, 2021, 06:40:00 PM

well PNSO are known for redoing their popular animals and theyve redone their T. rex, Mamenchisaurus, Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus so on and so forth

That is true. But Mosasaurus, despite its popularity, has never been in the same league as those genera you listed.

I wonder if/when PNSO will tackle an elasmosaur.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just over 12" not huge.  Accurate but sort of plain visually?

Bokisaurus

Amazing! What a beautiful and graceful looking figure.
Glad they made one, should go very well with the Krono.😃

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: