News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Horrible seam line, specially because PNSO has proved before they can do figures without it. Can't believe they thid that, even more in a model with such fine detail. where there's no slin folds or wrinkles to disguise de seam..

John

This new Tylosaurus blows all the rest of the models of it's kind out of the water,including the Carnegie one from 2009.So this is an easy buy for me. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Andre

seems like they are more and more focused on quantity, and losing a bit of focus on quality... that's a shame...

Lynx

I'll buy it as long as theres an angle where I can hide the seam line, it's alright.
An oversized house cat.

paleochris

I also find it very embarrassing. After several years with quality figures like the Mosasaurus, they have no right to make such bad seam line. It looks like they went back to their first figures of 2016... We agree that if they're going to lower the quality to release 20 figures a year, they might as well only release 10 then!  Especially since the rest of the figure is very beautiful, it ruins everything, I do not understand it :(

Faelrin

I kind of noticed the seam line in the pics that avatar_Faras @Faras provided, but wow it looks even worse on the finished product then there. I fully agree with avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi on this. Disappointing to say the least.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Psittacoraptor

The seam was already visible on the promo pics:

Not sure why people are surprised by it.

Quote from: Bread on September 20, 2021, 03:25:46 PM
Agreed, but you should be used to this by now with PNSO. Their artwork is always more colorful and different from their final figures. Not a bad thing, but definitely is a shame that we don't see these colors applied on their figures.
I like colorful figures, I'm a bit tired of brown and grey, so it's definitely "bad" to see what could have been if they just translated their art to the figures, especially because they come with those little booklets that show the art. The Tylosaurus is an extreme example, though, usually the color differences between art and figure aren't this big.

Lynx

Quote from: paleochris on September 21, 2021, 04:24:49 PM
I also find it very embarrassing. After several years with quality figures like the Mosasaurus, they have no right to make such bad seam line. It looks like they went back to their first figures of 2016... We agree that if they're going to lower the quality to release 20 figures a year, they might as well only release 10 then!  Especially since the rest of the figure is very beautiful, it ruins everything, I do not understand it :(

I really hope the seam line is less visible with the final product, or there's an angle to hide it. I agree, very disappointing.
An oversized house cat.

Bread

I think people are overreacting to the seam line. It is noticeable but I don't think it ruins the figure. If anything I've considered to pick up this one as my first marine reptile, other than their Dunkleosteus.

Carnoking

Little epoxy and paint and you could easily turn it into a little scar

paleochris

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on September 21, 2021, 04:53:25 PM
The seam was already visible on the promo pics:

Quote from: Bread on September 20, 2021, 03:25:46 PM
Agreed, but you should be used to this by now with PNSO. Their artwork is always more colorful and different from their final figures. Not a bad thing, but definitely is a shame that we don't see these colors applied on their figures.
I like colorful figures, I'm a bit tired of brown and grey, so it's definitely "bad" to see what could have been if they just translated their art to the figures, especially because they come with those little booklets that show the art. The Tylosaurus is an extreme example, though, usually the color differences between art and figure aren't this big.

It is still much less visible on the promotional photo. It is acceptable, but much bigger on the photos of this morning in hand.We'll see, maybe this visible seam will be more or less important depending on the figure (you'll have to be lucky to find one that will be less visible?) or maybe it will be visible on the first models and will be improved on the next ones?

Lynx

With the Microraptor, people were freaking out about the seamline in the first few videos about it published. In the end though, it was barely visible thanks to the dark colors and feathers. Maybe it'll be like that with the Tylosaurus?
An oversized house cat.

Gwangi

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on September 21, 2021, 04:53:25 PM

It's simple, I didn't notice it in the promotional images.  :P But yes, I can see it now, although it's not as obvious as on the real thing.

I don't think I'm overreacting. The seam wouldn't bother me if PNSO hadn't already set the bar so high on their products, or if the figure was in the $20-30 price range instead of pushing $40. I didn't initially care that the figure wasn't articulated either because I thought it might mean a better price,  but that's not the case. It seems like PNSO is cutting corners while keeping the price high, you're paying their usual price for a lesser product. That bothers me more than the seam itself.

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Oh no, I wasn't saying you were all overreacting. It's just that I saw the seam right away, and it was one of the reasons, along with the dull paint, why I wasn't sold on this figure from the beginning. After how great the Dunkleosteus and Helicoprion turned out, this one is a bit disappointing.

Gwangi

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on September 21, 2021, 08:32:33 PM
avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Oh no, I wasn't saying you were all overreacting. It's just that I saw the seam right away, and it was one of the reasons, along with the dull paint, why I wasn't sold on this figure from the beginning. After how great the Dunkleosteus and Helicoprion turned out, this one is a bit disappointing.

No worries, my second paragraph wasn't directed at you, it was just a general remark. Bread has mentioned that people were overreacting so I wanted to elaborate on my position.

Abobo

more from Paleofiguras :

"hello there"

Bread

The seem is noticeable in those photos, but the figure still looks great. I just wish the under side of it were not so white, more of a light grey would have been better in my opinion.

GiganotosaurusFan

Is it me or does PNSO pick the more controversial side of anything? Lips, size, fins...
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Shonisaurus

I believe that the seam line of the tylosaurus may be due to the figure being hollow or semi-hollow, but they could have concealed it. For example the iToy paraceratherium has no seam and is magnified as a figure. I am not saying that the tylosaurus is wrong but it seems to me a slightly flawed figure in relation to this detail from my humble point of view.

paleochris

I may have a theory but it could be related to material lacks? I think there are also a shortage of plastic, maybe PNSO was forced to save money by making lower quality figure with less plastic ?

https://local12.com/news/investigates/athletes-at-risk/never-seen-anything-like-this-supply-chain-issues-plastic-shortage-affect-sports-goods-cincinnati-ohio-bob-fawley-capitol-varsity-football-helmet-safety-riddell-schutt

https://fortune.com/2021/08/26/germany-manufacturing-shortage-recovery/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: