News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

An archelon and an odobenocetops would be highly interesting. On the other hand, he wishes it was a titanoboa, he would buy it without blinking with Christmas pay.

Gwangi

A lot there to get excited about but the lobe finned fish and Odobenocetops really have my attention.

terrorchicken

I want those two cute pudgy hippo mammals things. I wonder if they're meant to be "prey" for the larger Cenozoic predator figures?

stargatedalek

Are any of these really confirmed? Isn't it more likely the sculptors based the figures on the books than that the books are meant to accompany particular models?

suspsy

Yeah, it feels like we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bokisaurus

Nice artwork and very interesting species.
It's very possible and not surprising that sometime in the future PNSO would eventually make some of them after all almost half already have models made from them.

If you have a booklet from PNSO, on the back there is a plan (I don't exactly understand it completely) project timeline.
It's really interesting to see the list and what they are, yes, there is even mammals in the mix😃

Psittacoraptor

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7589451789

avatar_Faras @Faras or anyone who speaks Chinese, does this say there is yet another repaint of Sede coming? Google translate is indecipherable.

Faras

Quote from: Psittacoraptor on October 26, 2021, 04:48:30 PM

avatar_Faras @Faras or anyone who speaks Chinese, does this say there is yet another repaint of Sede coming? Google translate is indecipherable.

Official reply says paint is the same as latest version since July, just box contains a new 64 page booklet and a separate poster. Tho promotion pics do look slightly different, guess we'll know soon as big sales starting on 1st Nov.  :)

Store link: https://m.tb.cn/h.f4EnCBi?sm=56ec73
Some new info saying Sede is 7m in length, has small-ish scales near hips and a stiff tail.

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Faras @Faras Thank you so much for the infos (again)! :) If the paint is the same I don't need to feel buyer's remorse for having just bought it, haha. Unfortunately, I can't access Taobao pages most of the time, must be some geo-blocking thing.

I do like that they're including booklets and posters even with their lower-priced figures now. The Cretoxyrhina also comes with a 64 page booklet and a poster.

Faras

avatar_Psittacoraptor @Psittacoraptor My pleasure :) yeah same here, tho have to say new booklet and poster are kinda tempting, grr ;) Seems that's the new norm, they'd probably add them to all old figures eventually.

Hmm Taobao switches region automatically when I use vpn, so probably some ip blocking indeed :(

Edit: reposting new pics on fb, hope this works :o
Spoiler

[close]

SidB

With all of this well-deserved excitement over the aquatic realm, I do wonder when PNSO is going to "take to the air."

suspsy

You would think that pterosaurs would be the next area of focus, yes. I'd prefer a mix of flying and walking poses. And please, give us anything other than Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus. We're good for those two, PNSO!

Dinoxels

What the heck is the difference?
I know that the original PNSO Anky got REALLY bad production runs later on, so I wonder what this is about.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Faras

Quote from: Dinoxels on October 26, 2021, 09:09:03 PM
I know that the original PNSO Anky got REALLY bad production runs later on, so I wonder what this is about.

PNSO updated Ankylosaurus' Chinese store page writing "2021 new paint", but there's already new paint since July, so folks were wondering if they changed paint again (official response is it's same since July) :)

New version is still a bit muddy, but the colours on the back is far more visible than awful version.

Bread

Quote from: Faras on October 26, 2021, 09:27:58 PM
Quote from: Dinoxels on October 26, 2021, 09:09:03 PM

PNSO updated Ankylosaurus' Chinese store page writing "2021 new paint", but there's already new paint since July, so folks were wondering if they changed paint again (official response is it's same since July) :)

New version is still a bit muddy, but the colours on the back is far more visible than awful version.
Thanks avatar_Faras @Faras

I will take my chance soon and purchase Sede to see if the paint applications have improved. I sadly do have the worst of the batches, the one with the muddy/grey wash.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I may be in the minority, but I like the muted coloured Ankylosaurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Quote from: Faras on October 26, 2021, 08:01:58 PM
Quote from: Psittacoraptor on October 26, 2021, 04:48:30 PM

Official reply says paint is the same as latest version since July, just box contains a new 64 page booklet and a separate poster. Tho promotion pics do look slightly different, guess we'll know soon as big sales starting on 1st Nov.  :)

Store link: https://m.tb.cn/h.f4EnCBi?sm=56ec73
Some new info saying Sede is 7m in length, has small-ish scales near hips and a stiff tail.
Sounds like a variant of Sede, what with the modifications to the tail annd scales. If the color is also better than my dull figure, I may get one.

stargatedalek

Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2021, 09:00:58 PM
You would think that pterosaurs would be the next area of focus, yes. I'd prefer a mix of flying and walking poses. And please, give us anything other than Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus. We're good for those two, PNSO!
I dunno, while we have a few Pteranodon, all of the nicely done ones are males. And most of the best Quetzalcoatlus made are now out of production.

suspsy

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 27, 2021, 01:43:04 AM
Quote from: suspsy on October 26, 2021, 09:00:58 PM
I dunno, while we have a few Pteranodon, all of the nicely done ones are males. And most of the best Quetzalcoatlus made are now out of production.

True, but if PNSO does make a Pteranodon, I suspect there's at least a 95% chance it'd be yet another male.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: