News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

It´s kinda cute not gonna lie :D

Eocarcharia

A species I'm interested in and it's at the old affordable price point? Excellent!

Halichoeres

It looks really good. I'm glad they didn't wreck the contours of the face by trying to give it an articulated jaw!

If not for the articulated jaw, obviously the old Dinosaur Train version would have been perfect: https://www.toymadness.com.au/dinosaur-train/dinosaur-train-interaction-mr-cretoxyrhina
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

bmathison1972

Cretoxyrhina - wow another must-have!

Bokisaurus

Well done PNSO, what an amazing shark 😃

Stegotyranno420

Since those 2020 releases last year, PNSO just feels like a extreme roller coaster, from amazing, to a little bad, to charming, down to the point where everyone feels sick and want the operators to stop, but then it gets fun again with this shark. It's almost fishy(sorry) how good and cheap it is compared the recent models.  I think they realized some of us dont like articulated jaws so that made things easier for them aswell. And no lines ? I guess you can say it SEAMS amazing! (Sorry, again)
Who knows, is a new age of PNSO coming in this style and prices.? I hope so.

Remko

Quote from: JimoAi on October 21, 2021, 09:02:20 AM
It looks like a modern great white but those eyes! THOSE EYES!  And lookie there! Claspers! Looks to be a him

Most reconstructions of Cretoxyrhina have huge eyes.

I think this is a great choice by PNSO, it was a big shark, and will pose very well to their Tylosaurus and Mosasaurus figures.
Glad it isn't just another "Megalodon aka super sized Great white look alike".

I just received Requena the Livyatan and Zaha the Dunkleosteus today.

Both are wonderful models, although I have a feeling that the eyes on Requena are a bit to high. But sperm whales have weird skulls, and it doesn't look that bad. The figure itself is very nice, but hollow and quite light, even soft (you can squeeze the figure).
As for scale, it's either a cow in 1:35th or a bull in 1:50th. Assuming Livyatan was as sexually dimorphic as modern sperm whales, where bulls can be almost twice the size of cows.
All I need now is a small whale figure to stand in for a Cetotherium.

And then Zaha the Dunkleosteus. Wow! When I first saw the publication photo's, it appeared to be a huge salmon or something. But the figure is actually very nice. The opening mouth is fantastic, with not just the lower jaw opening, but the skull as well, as it should in a fish. Fins and tail are very sharklike, as indicated by better preserved fossils from related species.
The armor is covered by skin, so not as obvious as on other toys such as Collecta or Schleich. So not a fish with battlearmor. It's subtle, but you can still identify the individual plates.
The color is great as well, not at all salmon like, but very realistic.

ItsTwentyBelow

This is cool. The infamous "ginsu" shark.

I'm interested at that price point and the fact that it scales up well with 1:35-1:40 marine animals by other makers too, like the CollectA Mosasaurus and Xiphactinus.

Abobo

we may have some plesiosaur in the future pehraps (an some other interesting species) :

DragonRider02

Is the long-necked creature below Atopodentatus a Tanystropheus? I really love how it looks, I would definitely be interested in toy version. Especially if they kept the neck and tail's stripes pattern.

Psittacoraptor

Quote from: Abobo on October 24, 2021, 12:25:57 PM

This is what I want to see from PNSO. Leave your comfort zone for a bit and give me more Paleozoic animals.

suspsy

I'd likely buy an Anomalocaris.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Psittacoraptor

It looks like either Anomalocaris saron or Amplectobelua, both are from Chengjiang / the Maotianshan Shales in China. I like that they often use local Chinese species for their illustrations (and hopefully figures!).

SenSx

What is the snake, a Titanoboa ?

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: SenSx on October 24, 2021, 01:26:06 PM
What is the snake, a Titanoboa ?

The lateral flattening of the tail makes me think it might be a species of Palaeophis, a large Paleocene-Eocene sea snake.

The possibility of a Protosiren, Ambulocetus, and Palaeophis figure has me excited, lovely to see some Eocene taxa represented! The Protosiren and Palaeophis are especially unique and I would snap them both up in a heartbeat.
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Renecito

We may also have a Xiphactinus
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Would like to see an Odobenocetops too
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

bmathison1972

OMG if these teasers are going to come out.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renecito

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on October 24, 2021, 01:56:20 PM

The possibility of a Protosiren, Ambulocetus, and Palaeophis figure has me excited, lovely to see some Eocene taxa represented! The Protosiren and Palaeophis are especially unique and I would snap them both up in a heartbeat.

Yes me too!!! a Palaeophis figure would be awesome!!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Bread

Woah now this is exciting! Glad I recently started to venture outside of dinosaurs and into the prehistoric marine animals of collecting. These concept artworks look beautiful.

What interest me most is the Sea Snake (Palaeophis), Xiphactinus, and the larger Turtle (Archelon?).

avatar_EarthboundEiniosaurus @EarthboundEiniosaurus thank you for the identification of the sea snake.

I am still learning and identifying prehistoric marine creatures so bare with me.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: