News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

LARGE SALE on PNSO Aliexpress store.

Just ordered 6 figures from mid size line costing only $105 exact.

Remko

Quote from: Bread on November 11, 2021, 03:49:01 PM

Me too, although I opted for the more expensive figures, so Mamenchisaurus, Kronosaurus and Tylosaurus are on their way.  8) ;D

Bread

Quote from: Remko on November 11, 2021, 04:31:45 PM
Quote from: Bread on November 11, 2021, 03:49:01 PM

Me too, although I opted for the more expensive figures, so Mamenchisaurus, Kronosaurus and Tylosaurus are on their way.  8) ;D
I am considering PNSO's Kronosaurus, but I already have collectA's so I really want to avoid having two of one species.

Remko

Quote from: Bread
I am considering PNSO's Kronosaurus, but I already have collectA's so I really want to avoid having two of one species.

I ony have the old Carnegie/Safari Kronosaurus and the Schleich Kronosaurus. So my collection was in desperate need of an upgrade.  ;D 8)

Carnoking

I am sorely tempted to get some of these marine life figures while that sale is going on but I know as soon as I do, PNSO will reveal something I like even more. :P

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on November 11, 2021, 11:23:41 PM
I am sorely tempted to get some of these marine life figures while that sale is going on but I know as soon as I do, PNSO will reveal something I like even more. :P
I had the same issue when making a decision to buy a bulk order of figures. With Nanmu and PNSO, I never know when something could be revealed or released. I am thinking that PNSO will release/reveal a figure before the end of the month. With the big holidays coming up, I don't doubt a few releases will be coming soon.

Fembrogon

I caved and placed an order myself, mostly for the older, cheaper marine creatures (although I included the new Cretoxyrhina). This time of year can be especially dangerous for collecting.

Carnoking

Haha, just realized it isn't just PNSO who are having this sale! Nanmus and some W-Dragon figures are also doing it! We're in trouble now!!

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on November 12, 2021, 07:58:14 PM
Haha, just realized it isn't just PNSO who are having this sale! Nanmus and some W-Dragon figures are also doing it! We're in trouble now!!
Yeah, should have mentioned that, my bad. I noticed that PNSO's official Aliexpress store is actually cheaper than My Online Toy Store with the sale going on. Seems that most of the Nanmu or Wdragon products are only about $5-$8 cheaper than their original prices, meanwhile some PNSO figures are about $10 cheaper.

RobinGoodfellow

The english edition of "Age of Pterosaurus" is finally out now:

It's the last "big" book of the PNSO "Them" series of three:

The english editions about dinosaurs and marine reptiles are already available online.

:)

GiganotosaurusFan

Anybody thinking that PNSO is secretly watching us: everytime we want a figure, they give it to us!
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Psittacoraptor

It seems like the minis have not been retired after all, at least not all of them. PNSO is now selling a set of 12 with new packaging on their official store:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003517999108.html

The set is 39,99 USD, so about 3,33 per figure. Surprisingly good deal!

Bread

Another sale this week, already started for Aliexpress, PNSO store. Same sale as their November 11th, only difference is the sale now affects the Cretoxyrhina, last time this figure was still at its original price.

Speaking of PNSO, no new releases these last few weeks? Glad, but shocked in a way.

I have the Cretoxyrhina arriving soon, currently in the hands of my local postal service, so more in hand pics of it soon....

Gwangi

20% off sale on Amazon too. I got the Cretoxyrhina for $18 and some change.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on November 23, 2021, 11:33:41 PM
Another sale this week, already started for Aliexpress, PNSO store. Same sale as their November 11th, only difference is the sale now affects the Cretoxyrhina, last time this figure was still at its original price.

Speaking of PNSO, no new releases these last few weeks? Glad, but shocked in a way.

I have the Cretoxyrhina arriving soon, currently in the hands of my local postal service, so more in hand pics of it soon....
No, no new releases - have to say that softly: afraid of waking up the giant.

bmathison1972

haven't seen any more announcements as of late. Think this is it for 2021? That would be fine with me, more curious than anything. They seem to announcements randonly.

CARN0TAURUS

I don't buy a lot of figures because I'm extremely picky and I'm not going to collect just to have a bunch of stuff. Personal pet peeves are paint application, colors, and especially oversized scales and features like hands and feet.  I thought the Eofauna mammoth and then the giganotosaurus were in a class of their own, but then I ordered PNSO's Gamba on the Amazon sale price and I'm completely blown away by the beauty.  Crazy thing is it could be even better if the paint scheme had been higher level.  The detail is so subtle and so delicate, it's truly a work of art.  I've never bought expensive resin kits but I have imagine the sublime detail in this figure rivals those types of kits.  I still love my Eofauna Giga but it's hands look toy-like compared to the PNSO.  Standing them side by side it's glaring how much a proper delicate airbrushed application of paint can go towards making a piece really pop.  I think PNSO is close to establishing a "less is more" standard going forward, less scales, less, paint, less dramatic poses equals a fine line between elegance and natural realistic understated beauty.

I would never buy Wilson the T-rex because of the skin issue, nor the mishaped Tarbosaurus with it's huge belly, ridiculous balloon-like calf muscles, super thick legs, and huge feet.  Plus the head seems too elongated.  It just seems like so many things are off on that figure and I've already forgotten all the scientific things I read on here regarding the issues on that figure.  I honestly just don't like way wilson, andrea, or  Chuanzi look.  Andrea has a leg bending at an angle that seems like she tore every ligament and tendon in her lower leg. 

But I did like Gamba to such a degree that I  felt compelled to order both Paul the Allosaurus and Connor the Torvosaurus.  Neither one I like as much as Gamba but both are easily the best I've ever seen in their respective types.  All three have flaws and I've read all about them and despite those concerns and with all honesty I can say this is the best I've ever seen!  Now I'm hoping they make a Ceratosaurus too. 

While Gamba, Paul, and Conner are probably not child friendly I have to say, I've waited my whole life to see plastic figures of this caliber.  I wonder how much the Eofauna Giga influenced companies like PNSO because they went from exaggerating scales and stuff like that to making something like these three in a very short period of time.  I hope they give the Carnotaurus and the T-rex the same treatment in the next couple of years.  If this is going to be the standard going forward then I'm going to be buying a LOT more figures than I have in the past.

Bread

Glad to hear about your pleasant purchases. I can agree about the Tarbosaurus having proportional issues, but I must say it is better in person than it is through photos. To each their own though. PNSO will most likely release another Tyrannosaurus down the road, no doubt. I would even expect one for 2022 seeing how fast they've pumping out releases up until now.

suspsy

There's a closeup image of the cranium of either a Triceratops or a Torosaurus floating on social media right now. Looks like a PNSO toy, but not enough to confirm anything.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: