News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on December 09, 2021, 07:21:17 PM
FWIW, ceratopsians expert Jim Kirkland had this to say about Doyle:

Not a fan of the mouth, a bit too extreme.

I wonder if all PNSO ceratopsians will have hinged jaws from now on. I'd kinda prefer not.

I hope they don't, it isn't necessary and will only bump up the cost. I hope future ceratopsians are more like the Sinoceratops and Machairoceratops.

Stegotyranno420

Great figure but I'm jot a fan of the new trope of not showing cheek skin on ornithschians. I preferred the old depictions, which still can look as such but not be as such. Its similar to lips vs no lips thing on theropods based on what I heard

Bread

Quote from: Gwangi on December 09, 2021, 07:27:08 PM
Quote from: suspsy on December 09, 2021, 07:21:17 PM
FWIW, ceratopsians expert Jim Kirkland had this to say about Doyle:

Not a fan of the mouth, a bit too extreme.

I wonder if all PNSO ceratopsians will have hinged jaws from now on. I'd kinda prefer not.

I hope they don't, it isn't necessary and will only bump up the cost. I hope future ceratopsians are more like the Sinoceratops and Machairoceratops.
I honestly think this one has an articulated jaw due to it being triceratops. It is one of the only herbivores that really ever gets an articulated jaw that I've seen. Their old Triceratops had one and now its newer variant will have it.

Piltdown 龍

Quote from: w00dpiller on December 09, 2021, 07:34:39 AM
Here are the photos from my fellow local collectors! Just needed to attach links of the photos, not upload from my computer folders  :)) I apologize for the double post.

*Snip*

Thanks for the heads up  8) Can't quarrel with a PNSO, even one with perhaps dubious history, at $2.50. Only herbivore I have left :D Because they were not in their packaging all of them were scuffed though.
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

SRF

The new Doyle is already available at PNSO's online stores on Amazon and AliExpress.
But today, I'm just being father

Patrx

I'm not a big fan of hinged jaws in general, it rarely looks good and doesn't add a lot of value for the extra cost and engineering required. I rarely reposition any such jaws after putting the figure on display in the first place.

Shonisaurus

It's a pretty cool figure that triceratops although I'm not a fan of jointed jaws. I hope that a torosaurus and a tsintaosaurus (my preferred lambeosaurine hadrosaurid) also make PNSO, although I am not a fan of jointed jaws, I stick with other companies that do not make jointed jaws, although without a doubt that triceratops is even superior to its previous one edition, as every company is always exceeding and the exceptional company PNSO is no exception. I really like the conservative colors of the painting of this well-known dinosaurs. Honestly the texture of the skin looks very well sculpted and it is without a doubt the best ceratopside made to date by PNSO surpassing even the sinoceratops and machairoceratops to give two examples.

PNSO is an uncompromising company when it comes to making new figures, its degree of application and its artistic and scientific quality are admirable, hard to beat by other scientific dinosaur companies that compete with the PNSO company.

I hope a tsintaosaurus said and if it can be "retro" and a torosaurus that makes me forget the magnificent WWD torosaurus made in the 90s of the last century.

Skorpio V.

Not to be that guy this early, but how're we feelin' on Doyle's integument?
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Shonisaurus

Good news!

PNSO figures are already sold at shop.modellpferdeversand.de! The prices are affordable and there is no need to fear customs services for those of us who are Europeans from the EU, I pass on the link. The prices are quite affordable.

This is great news.

https://modellpferdeversand.de/PNSO

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Skorpio V. on December 10, 2021, 10:51:58 AM

I think it's a beautiful model, just gorgeous, the scales seem in scale and not overdone.  And it does resemble the Knight painting!  The colors are realistic and have a very natural feel to them too.

To be honest I'm buying this for sure, done deal I'll be getting one.  BUT, I do have one concern on this figure and I can't wait to get some clarification from the experts on this.  But, it's not the shape of the horns, the pose, the outside part of the feet, the articulating jaw, the missing cheeks, the integument, or the color. 

It's hard to tell from photos but to me it seems like this new figure has an issue with it's eyes.  From the photos it seems like his eyes are too far up into the root of the horn, it's almost as if his eye socket is in the root of the horns and it just appears to be much higher than most models depict the placement of triceratops eyes.  I don't know and it's probably just an optical illusion from the photos of the packaging but something about the placement of the eyes on the skull just looks really really off to me.  The fossilized skull seems to have the correct placement for the eye socket but the reconstruction looks strange.  I feel like the bulge for the eye socket should be more prominent at the front part of the root of the horn with the eye just a bit lower and more forward but not sure, it just seems strange to me where it is.

CARN0TAURUS

BTW, I think the inclusion of a skull is really smart marketing, it's one of the selling points for me.  I'd rather pay for the skull rather than a base.  Most bases are not well done and I enjoy making my own a lot.  If they're going to start including skulls with their museum line, I'm going to have to start a PNSO fund and I'll end up buying way more figures than I have been.

suspsy

If they're going to start regularly including skulls, then it would be nice if they coloured them off white as though they had recently died as opposed to fossil brown. Would work better for diorama purposes.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Patrx

The keratinized frill is definitely a mark in the win column for me.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: suspsy on December 10, 2021, 04:34:47 PM
If they're going to start regularly including skulls, then it would be nice if they coloured them off white as though they had recently died as opposed to fossil brown. Would work better for diorama purposes.

How about a dinosaur hunter dio like when the TV series shows CG dinosaurs standing next to the cowboys as they dig their fossils out?  Doyle can represent the CG animal from the show and then have a little cowboy guy digging out the fossil ;)

Antey

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 10, 2021, 03:48:03 PM

I think it's a beautiful model, just gorgeous, the scales seem in scale and not overdone.  And it does resemble the Knight painting!  The colors are realistic and have a very natural feel to them too.

To be honest I'm buying this for sure, done deal I'll be getting one.  BUT, I do have one concern on this figure and I can't wait to get some clarification from the experts on this.  But, it's not the shape of the horns, the pose, the outside part of the feet, the articulating jaw, the missing cheeks, the integument, or the color. 

It's hard to tell from photos but to me it seems like this new figure has an issue with it's eyes.  From the photos it seems like his eyes are too far up into the root of the horn, it's almost as if his eye socket is in the root of the horns and it just appears to be much higher than most models depict the placement of triceratops eyes.  I don't know and it's probably just an optical illusion from the photos of the packaging but something about the placement of the eyes on the skull just looks really really off to me.  The fossilized skull seems to have the correct placement for the eye socket but the reconstruction looks strange.  I feel like the bulge for the eye socket should be more prominent at the front part of the root of the horn with the eye just a bit lower and more forward but not sure, it just seems strange to me where it is.
I also paid attention to this detail. And after a thorough study of network data, I can say that everything is fine here.

dinofelid

Quote from: SRF on December 10, 2021, 06:11:56 AM
The new Doyle is already available at PNSO's online stores on Amazon and AliExpress.
Link? I don't see it when I search for "PNSO triceratops" on AliExpress or Amazon...sure you're not looking at the old Doyle or the PNSO "Age of the Dinosaurs" Triceratops?

Sim

Quote from: Patrx on December 10, 2021, 05:01:02 PM

The keratinized frill is definitely a mark in the win column for me.

The frill isn't keratinised, it's covered in scales...  And I remember reading that the Dueling Dinosaurs Triceratops shows the frill was covered in scales...

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: dinofelid on December 10, 2021, 10:16:02 PM
Link? I don't see it when I search for "PNSO triceratops" on AliExpress or Amazon...sure you're not looking at the old Doyle or the PNSO "Age of the Dinosaurs" Triceratops?

I don't know about Aliexpress but for me it's showing up on Amazon in the PNSO store.  Matter of fact both of them are shown this new one and the last one too.  The thing is this one says it's currently unavailable so bummer, I can't preorder it yet, but the listing is there already.

KrazyKaprosuchus

On the topic of the frill, it looks to be scaly, which i'm pretty sure is accurate.

dinofelid

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 10, 2021, 10:43:16 PM
Quote from: dinofelid on December 10, 2021, 10:16:02 PM

I don't know about Aliexpress but for me it's showing up on Amazon in the PNSO store.  Matter of fact both of them are shown this new one and the last one too.  The thing is this one says it's currently unavailable so bummer, I can't preorder it yet, but the listing is there already.
When you say "in the PNSO store" do you mean this page or something else? (and if something else, could you give a link?)

edit: Ah, now I see, you mean this page. Amazon's navigation system is counterintuitive, if you click "PNSO Yiniao Sci-Art" in the "Sold by" line on any given product page, it takes you here, and then if you click "PNSO Yiniao Sci-Art storefront" it just takes you to a list of search results.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: