News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Interesting..... I am going to wait to see if there really is a Torosaurus to be released until I decide on this one. This looks nice though and the only thing that bothers me is the bottom jaw looks kind of large/awkwardly placed in. But again, that's a slight nitpick.

The skull is quite interesting. It is nice and I hope PNSO do more things like this. However, I feel like this may be an excuse for PNSO to increase prices though? Hopefully this product stays at $60-$66, otherwise I don't see myself paying over $70.

Gwangi

I'm getting some real Charles R. Knight vibes from it, which is a good thing.

I would like to get it but price will be the deciding factor. I already have Safari's Triceratops but I would like to get another. It's between this one and CollectA's.

Lynx

Does anyone have a picture of the triceratops? I'm currently in class, and can't click on social media links
An oversized house cat.

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on December 08, 2021, 01:11:51 PM

I would like to get it but price will be the deciding factor. I already have Safari's Triceratops but I would like to get another. It's between this one and CollectA's.

CollectA's will cost around half as much as PNSO's. As sure as there's grease to fried chicken.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

paleochris

The sculpture is fantastic, I have no reproach to make, it is PNSO as we like! The conservative colors are very good, I would have liked a more colored crest but it will be a definitive version of Triceratops. For me it's the best of the market for PVC figures and the 2nd just behind the Triceratops of Sideshow (resin statue) with which we can also see some similarities.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on December 08, 2021, 01:38:17 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on December 08, 2021, 01:11:51 PM

CollectA's will cost around half as much as PNSO's. As sure as there's grease to fried chicken.

Oh I don't doubt that at all avatar_suspsy @suspsy. It also has cheeks, and a more interesting color scheme.

SRF

Oh wow, this one is defineitely on my want-list now. It's a bit different from the render we've seen earlier, but it still clearly represents AMNH 5116 which makes this one outstanding to display next to Wilson. This does mean however that I'll need that Nanotyrannus to display next to Andrea as well.  :P

One thing though, wasn't there any doubt that AMNH 5116 might actually be a Torosaurus instead of a Triceratops? In that case I wouldn't expect PNSO to do a Torosaurus as well, but who knows. They did also release a Tarbosaurus next to a T. Rex of course.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

It's got to be pricey, but it's still at the top of my list. Sure glad that I'm on a buying 'fast' right now, so that I can afford this one.

Carnoking

Antey

;D Hooray! I hoped so and now they have fulfilled my dream! Winter Wilson got a sparring partner!

Halzk

This looks sooo good! I know what will be under my Christmas tree this year. Just need a good T. rex to go with it. Unfortunately, I don't really like Wilson :/. Compared to Andrea, he looks off.

Antey

Quote from: Halzk on December 08, 2021, 03:51:56 PM
This looks sooo good! I know what will be under my Christmas tree this year. Just need a good T. rex to go with it. Unfortunately, I don't really like Wilson :/. Compared to Doyle, he looks off.
I also looked closely at him for a very long time, but he is beautiful alive!

Shane

So, does it come with the skull?

Faelrin

Not one I need, but it does look great. I like that it comes with a skull replica. I wish more of these museum line figures had things like that in it. A little confused about the jaw however. Is the consensus that it has cheeks again or is this correct? If I recall correctly the Eofauna ones took a similar approach to this right?

Also is it correct for the fourth and fifth digit on the manus to be so low? I can't help but feel the manus looks a little elephantine like. I know the fourth and fifth digits on the Safari Ltd and BotM ones are raised up, hence why I'm wondering. Give or take the new CollectA one as well.

Also is this another T. horridus? Perhaps I just do more research.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Halzk

Quote from: Antey on December 08, 2021, 04:00:18 PM
Quote from: Halzk on December 08, 2021, 03:51:56 PM
This looks sooo good! I know what will be under my Christmas tree this year. Just need a good T. rex to go with it. Unfortunately, I don't really like Wilson :/. Compared to Doyle, he looks off.
I also looked closely at him for a very long time, but he is beautiful alive!

Oops, I meant to say Andrea. Compared to her Wilson looks really weird and rough.

Bokisaurus

Yes, a new triceratops! Looks beautiful and would look amazing next to Wilson.😃

Bread

Quote from: Shane on December 08, 2021, 04:08:20 PM
So, does it come with the skull?
Yes. Something new from PNSO.

So I am going to safely assume that more reveals will be within the next week or so. Judging by the last break they went on, they are showing to have a similar pattern. Release a statue, museum line, now the next thing should be their mid size line.

Sim

This new Triceratops looks high quality but it's really not for me.  Triceratops was one of the species on the rumour list that I was least interested in along with Torosaurus and Tsintaosaurus.  I hope one of the others on that list is revealed next, I could really use a new figure to look forward to.  I hope the Centrosaurus and Styracosaurus have their mouths closed and don't have an articulated jaw.

Mellow Stego

L9ve it!  Any idea when it's coming out?
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Faras

Quote from: Mellow Stego on December 08, 2021, 05:59:37 PM
L9ve it!  Any idea when it's coming out?

12.12 sale in China from 12th to 14th, so probably around 12th methinks.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: