News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

They've released so much stuff recently, I don't mind them taking a little break lol

sauroid

yes i just bought so much PNSO lately that i need a break for a while. maybe september to december they can start introducing a wave of new figures. my bank account needs a respite.  :o
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SRF

Quote from: sauroid on March 04, 2021, 02:08:23 PM
yes i just bought so much PNSO lately that i need a break for a while. maybe september to december they can start introducing a wave of new figures. my bank account needs a respite.  :o

If they would wait untill September that would give me some time to catch up and get some more of their figures from the last couple of months that are on my wishlist. But since they've teased some species that appeal to me even more, I decided to wait on what they are releasing next. I don't think it will take that long before they will start releasing some figures again.
But today, I'm just being father

sauroid

Quote from: SRF on March 04, 2021, 03:09:54 PM
Quote from: sauroid on March 04, 2021, 02:08:23 PM

If they would wait untill September that would give me some time to catch up and get some more of their figures from the last couple of months that are on my wishlist. But since they've teased some species that appeal to me even more, I decided to wait on what they are releasing next. I don't think it will take that long before they will start releasing some figures again.
in my case it's both bad and good lol
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Bread

Quote from: Mattyonyx on February 01, 2021, 11:55:37 PM
Quote from: KeU on February 01, 2021, 10:19:20 PM
Trying to remember, did PNSO give us a specific date on when they will resume?
I thought China's Lunar New Year vacation is more than 2 weeks long.
That will push out the resumption to end of Feb.
I have also heard of aggressive travel control in China now.

After February 22.

SRF

Hmmm my guess that they would release a new figure on the first Saturday of March can also be thrown out of the window...  :-X

Bad guess I guess.  :P
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

I'm just assuming that they are done for now. That will help me avoid undue waiting anxiety. Time to move on - if anything more comes down the pipe (and that's quite likely), it will be a pleasant surprise. But in the meantime, my wallet is getting a break, a sentiment that I know many others have expressed.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on March 06, 2021, 01:59:17 PM
I'm just assuming that they are done for now. That will help me avoid undue waiting anxiety. Time to move on - if anything more comes down the pipe (and that's quite likely), it will be a pleasant surprise. But in the meantime, my wallet is getting a break, a sentiment that I know many others have expressed.
I know companies can completely go in the opposite direction of their original plans, but just because they are late does not mean they are "done" at the moment. With the releases of art these past few weeks, I would say they are just getting started. >:D

sauroid

i just hope PNSO would give us at least three months to replenish :o

SidB

Quote from: Bread on March 06, 2021, 02:35:57 PM
Quote from: SidB on March 06, 2021, 01:59:17 PM
I know companies can completely go in the opposite direction of their original plans, but just because they are late does not mean they are "done" at the moment. With the releases of art these past few weeks, I would say they are just getting started. >:D
If you're right, and you may well be, PNSO will become an irresistible steamroller that will seize the lion's share of this market's niche which they've targeted. It's been a down year for several companies and I wonder if PSNO has chosen this time to really exert their dominance. I remember the infamous quote from Ray Krok, the force behind McDonalds, that if his competition was drowning, he'd ram a fire hose down their throats and turn it on full blast.

KeU

Ok... looks like break's over.
Wallets, run for the hills.
It's a Para!!!!
And it's a boy!!

Here's the link.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7254032408

KeU

Sorry... Double post.
Deleted.

Bread

Really liking the colors! It is gorgeous!
Been waiting for this one for a while now, and hopefully the Zhuchengtyrannus will be released right after avatar_suspsy @suspsy I know has been waiting for that one for some time now...
My only issue with this Para is stability, since both my PNSO hadrosaurs have this issue of leaning....

KeU

Quote from: Bread on March 08, 2021, 11:39:16 PM
Really liking the colors! It is gorgeous!
Been waiting for this one for a while now, and hopefully the Zhuchengtyrannus will be released right after avatar_suspsy @suspsy I know has been waiting for that one for some time now...
My only issue with this Para is stability, since both my PNSO hadrosaurs have this issue of leaning....
Limbs looks stockier. That should help.
Needless to say, I will be preparing walking sticks / scratching posts for him.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I knew that as soon as Everything Dinosaur got the rest of the figures in to catch up, that PNSO would immediately start making those of us who use them fall behind immediately. Not even a day lol.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

It's finally revealed and omg I want it like right now lol. Easily one of the most beautiful takes I've seen on one my most favorite dinosaurs. Now I'm just curious how it will size up alongside the beautiful Lambeosaurus and Corythosaurus, and when this will be available to order too.

Edit: Okay hype aside, I am noticing they gave it the arched back that one specimen has. I'm willing to let that slide for an otherwise lovely figure though.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

That is a perfectly good-looking Parasaurolophus, but I am already happy with the ones I presently own. Great that the reveals are resuming!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

I assume they kept the pathology as a conscious choice. Or else they wouldn't have reconstructed the skeletal the same way.

Not dissimilar to how Doug included cranial injuries on his Pachycephalosaurus sculpt.

Dinoguy2

Parasaurolophus has been done in some pretty definitive versions, so I'm sure this won't be a must-buy...

*sees pics*

Sigh. Opening wallet.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Gwangi

Parasaurolophus is easily the most well represented ornithopod in my collection, so this might have to be a pass. But it's also really good looking, and will pair well with the PNSO Lambeosaurus and Corythosaurus. Decisions, decisions. Any idea how much this one will cost?  :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: