News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Duna

Quote from: SenSx on December 27, 2020, 02:07:17 AM
I'm a complete dinosaur noob here, I even did not know species such as  Qianzhousaurus existed.
And as I love long snouted dinosaurs, like Spinosauridae too, I might grap this one.
I enjoy the chosen color scheme.

The only issue for me, is the transparent auxiliary support.
It might mean the figure won't stand on its own for long :(
And those kind of devices are not beautiful.
I don't like them also, but the figure can stand by itself, it's to prevent plastic warping. I lean my bipedal figures that warp against the glass so they can rest weight and not fall over. A transparent rod could do the same.

SenSx

Quote from: Duna on December 27, 2020, 10:49:50 AM
Quote from: SenSx on December 27, 2020, 02:07:17 AM
I'm a complete dinosaur noob here, I even did not know species such as  Qianzhousaurus existed.
And as I love long snouted dinosaurs, like Spinosauridae too, I might grap this one.
I enjoy the chosen color scheme.

The only issue for me, is the transparent auxiliary support.
It might mean the figure won't stand on its own for long :(
And those kind of devices are not beautiful.
I don't like them also, but the figure can stand by itself, it's to prevent plastic warping. I lean my bipedal figures that warp against the glass so they can rest weight and not fall over. A transparent rod could do the same.

Maybe I'll make a custom base if that helps.

suspsy

Fingers crossed that the Zhuchengtyrannus is revealed sometime this week. I'm dying to lay eyes on it.

There's also the Parasaurolophus, which I'm not interested in, but am certain it will look great.

And when is PNSO going to give us more sauropods? We've had tyrannosaurs and hadrosaurs and ceratopsians and stegosaurs and ankylosaurs; high time for some long necks! And they don't have to be titans. Give us Saltasaurus, Nigersaurus, Diceaeosaurus, or best of all, a Brachytrachelopan to call my own at very long last!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 26, 2020, 07:17:55 PM
(..just a quick note: Qianzhousaurus is out now; so it won't be a 2021 release. This is the wrong thread for it..)   C:-)

Reminds me of how images of the GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus were posted in the new for 2020 thread even though the first image of it here says "2021": http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8950.msg275531#msg275531

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Sim on December 27, 2020, 05:22:52 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 26, 2020, 07:17:55 PM
(..just a quick note: Qianzhousaurus is out now; so it won't be a 2021 release. This is the wrong thread for it..)   C:-)

Reminds me of how images of the GR Toys Carcharodontosaurus were posted in the new for 2020 thread even though the first image of it here says "2021": http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8950.msg275531#msg275531

..another good reason for my quick note..  ;)

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on December 27, 2020, 03:56:17 PM
Fingers crossed that the Zhuchengtyrannus is revealed sometime this week. I'm dying to lay eyes on it.

There's also the Parasaurolophus, which I'm not interested in, but am certain it will look great.

And when is PNSO going to give us more sauropods? We've had tyrannosaurs and hadrosaurs and ceratopsians and stegosaurs and ankylosaurs; high time for some long necks! And they don't have to be titans. Give us Saltasaurus, Nigersaurus, Diceaeosaurus, or best of all, a Brachytrachelopan to call my own at very long last!
Don't forget, PNSO also slightly revealed Edmontonia, then it just vanished, weird ???. Like you, I am also excited for the Zhuchengtyrannus, but even more about the Parasaurolophus honestly. I love their Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus, so I am hoping PNSO give the Para the same treatment.

Duna

Quote from: Bread on December 27, 2020, 07:31:05 PM
Don't forget, PNSO also slightly revealed Edmontonia, then it just vanished, weird ???. Like you, I am also excited for the Zhuchengtyrannus, but even more about the Parasaurolophus honestly. I love their Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus, so I am hoping PNSO give the Para the same treatment.
Me too. I want to replace the Collecta parasaurolophus.

SenSx

Me replacing the Papo Parasaurolophus (I know everyone hates it  :-\).
But I want a green one.

Faelrin

I really want to see the Parasaurolophus as well. Would be nice to have the complete classic Dinosaur Park Formation hadrosaur trio from them.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

The Prehistoric Traveler

Bread

Quote from: The Prehistoric Traveler on December 28, 2020, 07:00:03 AM
PNSO Mammoth:

https://www.facebook.com/Dinoworld-441334229374881/photos/pcb.1767867743388183/1767867473388210/
Thanks for the image. I saw this image quite a while ago. I think PNSO possibly cancelled this one, sadly...

SidB

Interesting that they considered making the mammoth  ... still prefer my Carnegie Safari one, though.

Shonisaurus

Honestly, that mammoth that was canceled by PNSO proves that Zhao Chuang and his team could do a fighting range of prehistoric mammals if they wanted, I hope that one day they can reconsider commercializing prehistoric mammals, they made a magnificent vinyl basilosaurus in their day. Couldn't they make mazic PVC mammals in the future that would surpass even iToy paraceratherium in quality? Time will tell.

I sincerely would like PNSO to embark on the adventure of selling collectible prehistoric mammals and, above all, to one day make a Museo Línea version paraceratherium, although fortunately I have the iToy paraceratherium, for me it is the paraceratherium that I had always dreamed of having and I don't believe That no brand surpasses that exceptional sculpted figure that does not mean that one day some brand of toy dinosaurs, for example PNSO, could make a figure of that elusive prehistoric mammal in the toy market superior in quality and beauty to that of the brand of iToy.

In summary, I would like Zhao Chuang and his team to be encouraged to commercialize prehistoric mammals and not only the mammoth and other well-known mammals of the recent Cenozoic, Pleistocene and Holocene, but also mammals from other times of the Cenozoic and obscures species.

Bread

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 28, 2020, 02:43:38 PM
Honestly, that mammoth that was canceled by PNSO proves that Zhao Chuang and his team could do a fighting range of prehistoric mammals if they wanted, I hope that one day they can reconsider commercializing prehistoric mammals, they made a magnificent vinyl basilosaurus in their day. Couldn't they make mazic PVC mammals in the future that would surpass even iToy paraceratherium in quality? Time will tell.

I sincerely would like PNSO to embark on the adventure of selling collectible prehistoric mammals and, above all, to one day make a Museo Línea version paraceratherium, although fortunately I have the iToy paraceratherium, for me it is the paraceratherium that I had always dreamed of having and I don't believe That no brand surpasses that exceptional sculpted figure that does not mean that one day some brand of toy dinosaurs, for example PNSO, could make a figure of that elusive prehistoric mammal in the toy market superior in quality and beauty to that of the brand of iToy.

In summary, I would like Zhao Chuang and his team to be encouraged to commercialize prehistoric mammals and not only the mammoth and other well-known mammals of the recent Cenozoic, Pleistocene and Holocene, but also mammals from other times of the Cenozoic and obscures species.
I would consider starting a prehistoric mammal collection if PNSO created a beautiful sculpt of a paraceratherium to scale with their mid range figures. Love the look and detail of iToy's but it is way too expensive for me, plus prehistoric mammals are not my priority.
Also, take a look at PNSO's animal figures, they are beautiful! I think PNSO could pull off quite a few of obscure prehistoric mammals.

Something I would like to see this year from PNSO is Sarcosuchus or Deinosuchus, especially when they already have a Nile crocodile in their animal figure's line.

suspsy

PNSO's Nile crocodile is a miniature, so while it's nice enough, it's not spectacular. That said, I would likely snap up a mid-sized Deinosuchus or a Purussaurus from them. Especially if the jaw was articulated.

And I would be very keen to see them tackle other Cenozoic beasts, although I'd prefer that they not do any mammoths. There are so many other prehistoric proboscidians that are way more visually interesting. I have yet to see anyone do a top quality Platybelodon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on December 28, 2020, 03:14:33 PM
PNSO's Nile crocodile is a miniature, so while it's nice enough, it's not spectacular. That said, I would likely snap up a mid-sized Deinosuchus or a Purussaurus from them. Especially if the jaw was articulated.

And I would be very keen to see them tackle other Cenozoic beasts, although I'd prefer that they not do any mammoths. There are so many other prehistoric proboscidians that are way more visually interesting. I have yet to see anyone do a top quality Platybelodon.

I would sincerely like a high-quality platybelodon too. It is one of the most elusive prehistoric mammals in the toy market, it is a spectacular proboscis, I don't understand why it has not yet been marketed by any of the current western toy dinosaur brands such as Safari, Collecta, Papo, Mojo or Schleich. If PNSO did it, I am one hundred percent sure that it would be a spectacular figure that would be hard to beat by any other brand of toy dinosaur.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 28, 2020, 03:34:20 PM
Quote from: suspsy on December 28, 2020, 03:14:33 PM

I would sincerely like a high-quality platybelodon too. It is one of the most elusive prehistoric mammals in the toy market, it is a spectacular proboscis, I don't understand why it has not yet been marketed by any of the current western toy dinosaur brands such as Safari, Collecta, Papo, Mojo or Schleich. If PNSO did it, I am one hundred percent sure that it would be a spectacular figure that would be hard to beat by any other brand of toy dinosaur.

I agree. This is one of my favorite prehistoric mammals and I'd love to see more of them out there.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Faelrin

I agree that if they were to branch out into Cenozoic stuff I would like to see Paraceratherium and Platybelodon from them. Agreed about Deinosuchus, and Purussaurus as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Faelrin on December 28, 2020, 05:29:52 PM
I agree that if they were to branch out into Cenozoic stuff I would like to see Paraceratherium and Platybelodon from them. Agreed about Deinosuchus, and Purussaurus as well.
Amphicyon and Epicyon are on my list, I just hope they are 1:40 /1:35 scale.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: