News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

Woah. This really amazing. Its official, pnso is my favorite company now.

Carnoking

I can't be the only one seeing a retooled Lucas peeking through all that floof, can I?

Andre

Quote from: SRF on April 22, 2021, 03:42:53 PM
Quote from: suspsy on April 22, 2021, 03:35:50 PM
Quote from: Andre on April 22, 2021, 03:34:25 PM
Quote from: suspsy on April 22, 2021, 03:22:30 PM
I'm assuming the rumoured Zhuchengtyrannus will round out the tyrannosaurids.

Don't we already have a trio with T-Rex, Qianzhousaurus and Yutyrannus?

Wilson isn't part of the medium-sized series, though; he's way bigger and pricier.

It's not really about trios either, PNSO also made compilation images with all their ceratopsians (4) and Hell Creek animals (4) as well.

I'm not sure if we'll get a Zuchengtyrannus, but it's still possible. The teaser image we've seen had the numbers "006" on them, I don't know what that means.

Talking about numbers, the Yutyrannus gets number 52 in PNSO's Prehistoric Animal line up. Meaning that we're still waiting for number 43, 45, 47, 48, 49 and now also 51 at least.

Damn. 

True.. Wilson is from the museum line...
Regarding not being about trios.. I know the Ceratopsians and Hell Creek images had 4, but one dinosaur from each was a previous release.. so this 20/21 releases were indeed trios (at least so far)..
But that would mean (besides the Abelisaurids mentioned) we'd be also missing 1 Stegosaurid.. 2 Spinosaurids.. 2 pachycephalosaurids (not sure if that term is correct, sorry  :-X)..   

Andre

The teaser image we've seen had the numbers "006" on them, I don't know what that means.

June?

Bread

Quote from: Andre on April 22, 2021, 04:35:34 PM
The teaser image we've seen had the numbers "006" on them, I don't know what that means.

June?
Could be, but I glanced back at the Carcharodontosaurus' revealed images and none of the images or teasers possessed this number.

I am still hoping this will be released within the next week as this one is a high priority purchase for me.

Bread

Quote from: Andre on April 22, 2021, 04:34:02 PM

Wilson isn't part of the medium-sized series, though; he's way bigger and pricier.

It's not really about trios either, PNSO also made compilation images with all their ceratopsians (4) and Hell Creek animals (4) as well.

I'm not sure if we'll get a Zuchengtyrannus, but it's still possible. The teaser image we've seen had the numbers "006" on them, I don't know what that means.

Talking about numbers, the Yutyrannus gets number 52 in PNSO's Prehistoric Animal line up. Meaning that we're still waiting for number 43, 45, 47, 48, 49 and now also 51 at least.

Damn. 

Regarding not being about trios.. I know the Ceratopsians and Hell Creek images had 4, but one dinosaur from each was a previous release.. so this 20/21 releases were indeed trios (at least so far)..
But that would mean (besides the Abelisaurids mentioned) we'd be also missing 1 Stegosaurid.. 2 Spinosaurids.. 2 pachycephalosaurids (not sure if that term is correct, sorry  :-X)..
PNSO is not consistent with scale and and specific model lines. I don't even understand why Wilson was marked as "museum" line when truly I think the mid-range line would have been fitting for him when there are already figures that somewhat tower over him.

Anyways, I assume PNSO are just kind of hopping around with releases, trying to surprise consumers, etc.... I would say this tactic really makes them noticeable and one of the top at the dinosaur toy market. Zhuchengtyrannus could be next, Edmontonia was slightly revealed months ago (pretty sure back in late 2020), followed by Torosaurus. Who knows and I always say how unpredictable PNSO can be. For now, I really do think PNSO are going to be releasing models based on their art work that was released recently. Seems like this is true as both therapods recently revealed were part of the artwork released recently, as well as the Pachycephalosaurus.

Patrx

Hot damn, I'm really conflicted on this new Yutyrannus. There's a lot to like here but also...

Quote from: Flaffy on April 22, 2021, 02:09:46 PMStill not a huge fan of the way PNSO handles oral tissue on their theropods.

^ This is a pretty distracting issue for me.

SRF

Quote from: Bread on April 22, 2021, 05:26:13 PM
Quote from: Andre on April 22, 2021, 04:34:02 PM

Damn. 

PNSO is not consistent with scale and and specific model lines. I don't even understand why Wilson was marked as "museum" line when truly I think the mid-range line would have been fitting for him when there are already figures that somewhat tower over him.

Anyways, I assume PNSO are just kind of hopping around with releases, trying to surprise consumers, etc.... I would say this tactic really makes them noticeable and one of the top at the dinosaur toy market. Zhuchengtyrannus could be next, Edmontonia was slightly revealed months ago (pretty sure back in late 2020), followed by Torosaurus. Who knows and I always say how unpredictable PNSO can be. For now, I really do think PNSO are going to be releasing models based on their art work that was released recently. Seems like this is true as both therapods recently revealed were part of the artwork released recently, as well as the Pachycephalosaurus.

I really thought that as well after the reveal of Gamba, and with the release of the Pachycephalosaurus I was very sure of it. Meaning that we're also getting a Torvosaurus.

About Wilson being in the museum line, I think the choice for doing this is quite obvious: moneyyy. By only upgrading the packaging and the booklet, PNSO can charge almost twice the money for it compared to when it would release in the standard line. And since T. Rex is by far the best known dinosaur, Wilson will still be PNSO's best selling figure, even at that price point. It's just a smart way of doing business.
But today, I'm just being father

Callophrys

Quote from: KeU on April 22, 2021, 01:09:48 PM
Finally, Yutyrannus.
Love the feathers, looks thick and shaggy. Mesozoic St Bernard.
A little concerned with the pose, looks like it will lean over time, like Wilson.
The name is Yin-Qi?? Means Silver Machine.

Well, as a fan of both Yutyrannus and Hawkwind, this is a must-buy for me!

Bread

Quote from: SRF on April 22, 2021, 05:48:59 PM

I really thought that as well after the reveal of Gamba, and with the release of the Pachycephalosaurus I was very sure of it. Meaning that we're also getting a Torvosaurus.

About Wilson being in the museum line: I think the choice for doing this is quite obvious: moneyyy. By only upgrading the packaging and the booklet, PNSO can charge almost the twice the money for it compared to when it would release in the standard line. And since T. Rex is by far the best known dinosaur, Wilson will still be the best selling figure for PNSO, even at that price point. It's just a smart way of doing business.
Exactly, very well put SRF. My question or thought of why Wilson was marked Museum line really was not taking any consideration of marketing and money. I was mainly considering the scale and size of other figures in both museum and mid size figures, including their additional items that come with the figure, so far the main difference is the addition or lack of a base for the figures. I would also say the material as well, hard plastic vs. much softer plastic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Carnoking on April 22, 2021, 04:04:04 PM
I can't be the only one seeing a retooled Lucas peeking through all that floof, can I?

I think so, yes :-D Comparing these two, i can't find much. Pose is different, Head ist different, Tail is different, Bodyproportions are different. Its full on fluffy... Maybe its the lower jaw and the positioning of the feet? It it was retooled, they did a whole new thing out of this.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy avatar_Patrx @Patrx Really interesting! For me, this is a plus. I prefer this kind of Oraltissue over most companys. Creates the illusion of an actual pharynx.

Shonisaurus

It is a perfect yutyrannus it is a wonder that PNSO has joined like most of the toy dinosaur companies to make exotic tyrannosauroids, even though it is a great figure, however there is a figure that for me is superior to all the yutyrannus made so far and it's Doug Watson's Safari. Just as the PNSO zhuchentyrannus is in the same degree of genius as its Safari counterpart, this figure and I know that any comparison is hateful, it is a very beautiful and perfect figure that yutyrannus but I like the Safari version or the Favorite version better. It is an exotic and beautiful animal, but in this case I choose other companies.

In my case, I will not be the one who refuses to buy it, on the contrary, that PNSO yutyrannus will be mine and will be on my shelves soon when it is marketed.

Stegotyranno420

i don't want to spoil/ruin the moment for anyone, so that's why its spolier
Spoiler
Taking a closer look at the yuty, its funny looking. I was so pumped when i first saw the figure in a small pic, but later i zoomed in and realised how disproportionate it was. not to mention, whats going on with the legs. Hopefully its just the promo pics, as i haven't seen all of them
[close]

SenSx

I wasn't very interested in Yutyrannus, but this figure is making me change my mind.
I really like how they gave the feathers a feeling of density, almost like fur.
So yes I'm sill hesitant, but a bit impressed.
Waiting for the size infos.

SRF

Quote from: SenSx on April 22, 2021, 09:16:29 PM
I wasn't very interested in Yutyrannus, but this figure is making me change my mind.

It's advertised as 25.5 centimeters long and 12.3 centimeters high (I guess that will be at the highest point of the tail).

Kapitaenosavrvs

We already have the Dimensions :)

Edit: Oh, you have been faster avatar_SRF @SRF

SRF

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on April 22, 2021, 09:28:00 PM

We already have the Dimensions :)

Edit: Oh, you have been faster avatar_SRF @SRF

But you were able to post the image on which the dimensions are shown. :)

SenSx

Thx guys  :)
It's a good beast.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on April 22, 2021, 01:27:25 PM
I just asked Model Toy Center on the estimated sale date for the Yutyrannus, should be about 3-4 days.
Good. I just lost a bid this afternoon on Ebay, so the upside of that is that I'll have the money for this wonderful figure. Definitely a silver lining.

SRF

Quote from: SidB on April 22, 2021, 11:41:10 PM
Quote from: Bread on April 22, 2021, 01:27:25 PM
I just asked Model Toy Center on the estimated sale date for the Yutyrannus, should be about 3-4 days.
Good. I just lost a bid this afternoon on Ebay, so the upside of that is that I'll have the money for this wonderful figure. Definitely a silver lining.

Only the Yutyrannus won't be for sale until June, just like the Carcharodontosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: