News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kapitaenosavrvs

Oh, i am not able to look at the Pictures anymore. I do not have Facebook, and the Site keeps me out now. Could someone Post them directly here for the People without Facebook and such? Thanks :)

PrimevalRaptor

What a beauty! I'd personally prefer the teeth less exposed but man this is gorgeous, a cool dynamic pose without breaking the animals bones (looking at you, Papo) and very great colors, really like the mixed brown tones. And man, that fuzzy plumage is incredible!

Dusty Wren

I'm in love. That Yutyrannus is beautiful and properly fluffy. Adding this one to the list of my 2021 purchases.
Check out my customs thread!

Bread

I just asked Model Toy Center on the estimated sale date for the Yutyrannus, should be about 3-4 days.

Flaffy

Full product description/details below:
Spoiler

[close]

Flaffy

Finally! I can't believe it took so long for PNSO to make a Yutyrannus figure, but they finally did it.

Definitely prefer the more shaggy, matted look of this figure. Reflects the fossil evidence far better than the BotM one integument wise; the PNSO version displaying long and filamentous feathers all over it's body, versus the oddly bird-like (contour) feathers on the neck of the BotM.

That being said, I do prefer the BotM's head sculpt more than the PNSO one. The far more impressive keratin ridge and crests on Raul/David's sculpt is much more appealing to me. The presence of lips and the more delicate facial scales makes the figure look a lot more natural as well. Still not a huge fan of the way PNSO handles oral tissue on their theropods.

Andre

Quote from: Bread on April 22, 2021, 01:27:25 PM
I just asked Model Toy Center on the estimated sale date for the Yutyrannus, should be about 3-4 days.

Great!!!! well, not so great for my wallet..... just bought the Pachycephalosaurus..

Faelrin

Such a great thing to wake up to see. Another one to cross off my long wishlist (in the hopes and dream thread), and easily one I wanted the most of those. One of my favorite dinosaurs given yet another amazing figure. The color scheme is what I want to see more Yutyrannus things reconstructed like and I love how thick and fluffy this looks. The face color scheme also reminds me of the new Wilson a bit, with the darker snout.

I do agree with avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy about the integument looking better on this then the BotM, closer to the fossil material, with the exception of the keratin crests (but perhaps these pics are not the best at showing it at these angles, at least the one I have seen so far), and obviously the lips that the BotM has gone with, etc.

I wonder what scale this is in. I'm hoping closer to 1/35 (or whatever the Safari Ltd feathered T. rex is in. I think Safari's was too small for that and the upcoming BotM is intended to be at or around 1/18th, so obviously too big. Or even just being in the middle between those would be nice, since I have the Safari Ltd and intend to pick up both this and the BotM when available (to back/pre-order).

It is going to be so hard to pick which of these I want to start with. I mean between this now, the Lambeosaurus, the Spinosaurus, the Parasaurolophus, and more, and never mind all the mini figures I still want, I am going to be playing catch up for a while to come.

I guess now I'm waiting to see if that Edmontonia, and possibly an Acrocanthosaurus, and Allosaurus from them. Perhaps that and some dromaeosaurids like Velociraptor and Zhenyuanlong. Other then Microraptor thus far, I'm surprised they haven't done anything for two of the most complete dromaeosaurids out there, but well I've said this before. Perhaps Deinonychus as well, but I'm well satisfied with my Safari Ltd one and the Rebor ones.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

I like it, and between the Yutyrannus and Carcharodontosaurus I feel like PNSO is moving in the right direction with their theropods. I will say this though, I don't like the posture of the Yutyrannus and I suspect it will have stability issues. Even if it stands fine it still looks awkward and uncomfortable to me. Also, the feet look like Devil hooves in the promo picture, just saying.

Flaffy

This is another crowdfunded project though, like the Carcharodontosaurus.
Crowdfunding page states that the estimated delivery/fulfilment date is the end of June. Dunno where Model Toy Center managed to secure sources for the Yutyrannus

Concavenator

A PNSO Yutyrannus!!!!! FINALLY!  :o :o

*Heaven reached*

Bread

Quote from: Flaffy on April 22, 2021, 02:30:37 PM

This is another crowdfunded project though, like the Carcharodontosaurus.
Crowdfunding page states that the estimated delivery/fulfilment date is the end of June. Dunno where Model Toy Center managed to secure sources for the Yutyrannus
I was unaware of this. I guess we'll have to just wait until PNSO post more information about this figure. If this is indeed wrong information, I assume Model Toy Center was making this assumption of a release date (3-4 days) based on past released figures.

suspsy

The more I look at the Yutyrannus, the more I hope it comes with a support rod like the Qianzhousaurus and the new Wilson.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on April 22, 2021, 02:53:11 PM
The more I look at the Yutyrannus, the more I hope it comes with a support rod like the Qianzhousaurus and the new Wilson.

It does

SRF

Damn, I've just received Wyatt from them, he already came in today, faster than expected. I've ordered Austin from My Online Toy Store, expect him in a few weeks.

And now you're telling me that I have to order this Yutyrannus in 3 or 4 days?

Okay, why not.  :)
But today, I'm just being father

Dromaenychus

The colors look a lot like the Safari ltd feathered T-Rex, but with better blending.

suspsy

Quote from: Flaffy on April 22, 2021, 02:55:33 PM
Quote from: suspsy on April 22, 2021, 02:53:11 PM

It does

Ah yes, I missed it in that last image. That's good.

So far, we've gotten a trio of ankylosaurs, a trio of hadrosaurs, and a trio of ceratopsids in this series. I'm assuming the rumoured Zhuchengtyrannus will round out the tyrannosaurids. I also wonder if there'll be two more abelisaurs to go with Domingo. Rajasaurus and Majungasaurus would be swell.

Andre

Quote from: suspsy on April 22, 2021, 03:22:30 PM
I'm assuming the rumoured Zhuchengtyrannus will round out the tyrannosaurids.

Don't we already have a trio with T-Rex, Qianzhousaurus and Yutyrannus?

suspsy

Quote from: Andre on April 22, 2021, 03:34:25 PM

Wilson isn't part of the medium-sized series, though; he's way bigger and pricier.

SRF

Quote from: suspsy on April 22, 2021, 03:35:50 PM
Quote from: Andre on April 22, 2021, 03:34:25 PM

Wilson isn't part of the medium-sized series, though; he's way bigger and pricier.

It's not really about trios either, PNSO also made compilation images with all their ceratopsians (4) and Hell Creek animals (4) as well.

I'm not sure if we'll get a Zuchengtyrannus, but it's still possible. The teaser image we've seen had the numbers "006" on them, I don't know what that means.

Talking about numbers, the Yutyrannus gets number 52 in PNSO's Prehistoric Animal line up. Meaning that we're still waiting for number 43, 45, 47, 48, 49 and now also 51 at least.

Damn. 
But today, I'm just being father

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: