News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Wow! Another wonderful release! I see that PNSO stated this one will be available this week, wonder why some are available sooner than others? Also, what species of Allosaurus is this?

Flaffy

Now I REALLY wish Wilson was done in this style.... But hey, at least PNSO took feedback from their initial hiccups.

Can anyone tell if this is A. fragilis or A. jimmadseni? I'd be stoked if it was the latter. The skeletal seems to be A. fragilis, but the figure clearly displays a much more gracile skull compared to the skeletal. Either way, this is going to replace my CollectA Allosaurus without a doubt. But I'd still be inclined to acquire both the PNSO and Safari as they potentially represent two different species.

Stegotyranno420

EIther its a Jimmadensian Allosaurus or it seems disproportionate.
I guess the head is too small

Carnoking

I don't know why, but this one seems to be leaving me a little cold for some reason. I like it, but I'm not chomping at the bit to get it. I don't know, maybe I'm just getting numb to these PNSO releases.  :-\

John

I wonder if this new Allosaurus will be available imminently like the Pachycephalosaurus was,or in June like the other two recently revealed big meat eaters?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Faelrin

I am blown away by yet another one and so soon, and yet another of my favorite dinosaurs. I guess this was expected from the teaser earlier on, but finally here! Finally something to dethrone my Papo one after how long that was the definitive Allosaurus for me (WWD Allosaurus aside for nostalgia reasons), and despite only recently acquiring it (like for a few years now). Also is it just me or does it have lips? The first PNSO theropod to sport them?

avatar_John @John From their instagram reveal it is expected to come into stock this week so I imagine very soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COHI9iYlICk/?igshid=1756k53l9ydsk
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ivántirrophus

PNSO's Allosaurus is great figure, maybe the most diferent specie beetwen brands Papo, Nanmu, WDragon, lol they dont seem anything.

John

Quote from: Faelrin on April 26, 2021, 04:32:26 AM
I am blown away by yet another one and so soon, and yet another of my favorite dinosaurs. I guess this was expected from the teaser earlier on, but finally here! Finally something to dethrone my Papo one after how long that was the definitive Allosaurus for me (WWD Allosaurus aside for nostalgia reasons), and despite only recently acquiring it (like for a few years now). Also is it just me or does it have lips? The first PNSO theropod to sport them?

avatar_John @John From their instagram reveal it is expected to come into stock this week so I imagine very soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COHI9iYlICk/?igshid=1756k53l9ydsk
Thanks,that's good to know.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SidB

Quote from: Carnoking on April 26, 2021, 04:05:36 AM
I don't know why, but this one seems to be leaving me a little cold for some reason. I like it, but I'm not chomping at the bit to get it. I don't know, maybe I'm just getting numb to these PNSO releases.  :-\
That seems to me to me to be the risk of these constant drumrolls. Market satiation. Still, no complaint!

SRF

I like this Allosaurus, I expected it, but it's not my most anticipated release from PNSO. I won't buy it instantly, maybe later.

Better save up for the Yutyrannus and Carcharodontosaurus first when it comes to PNSO's theropods. :)
But today, I'm just being father

Wallnut

İt looks like a A.jimmadseni to me I am not a expert but the skull closely matches the skull of A.jimmadseni.The skeletal is A.fragilis 100%

Flaffy

Quote from: Triton TR on April 26, 2021, 10:56:54 AM
İt looks like a A.jimmadseni to me I am not a expert but the skull closely matches the skull of A.jimmadseni.The skeletal is A.fragilis 100%

That's what I was thinking too. The skull on the figure isn't as robust as a typical A. fragilis.

PrimevalRaptor

Looking really nice, big fan of the stripes and skin folds. Even better if this turns out to be A.jimmadseni cause for A.fragilis I still prefer the Safari one.
The pose is also super nice, I like this casual stride and especially the front angle looks great.

SidB

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on April 26, 2021, 11:49:01 AM
Looking really nice, big fan of the stripes and skin folds. Even better if this turns out to be A.jimmadseni cause for A.fragilis I still prefer the Safari one.
The pose is also super nice, I like this casual stride and especially the front angle looks great.
One advantage of this figure representing the different specie is that collectors of the best of each taxon can acquire it and not have to jettison the excellent Safari sculpt.

Shonisaurus

Magnificent allosaurus, I have missed a lot since the last time, but in my case I prefer to prioritize other species of the PNSO brand such as sinoceratops, machairoceratops, yutyrannus and carcharodontosaurus to give several examples.

I am going to focus on the more exotic species rather than focus on well-known species like the PNSO tyrannosaurus, parasaurolophus or allosaurus. My collection needs new species of strange dinosaurs on the market and the same can be said for other prehistoric animals.

SenSx

Another PNSO figure alwready ?
When will they stop ?   :o

Nice figure, the head looks a bit small to me, but maybe I'm wrong.
I like when they give their dinos blue eyes.

suspsy

I feel the same way about this Allosaurus as I do about the Parasaurolophus: it looks terrific and I'm happy for everyone who wants it, but I'm already happy with the ones I already own.

Wish we'd see that bloody rumoured Zhuchengtyrannus and Torosaurus get revealed already. Those ones I'd snap up like a chameleon.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bokisaurus

Wow, amazing new additions!
I really love how these two new additions looks like and very excited.
I'm not a big fan of allosaurus and never really like any of the figures available, so this is the first figure of it that I find excited to get.
It's The same with the Yut.
PNSO is really changing the game and is pushing me closer and closer to totally revamping my display and collecting habits 😃

Gwangi

I like the Allosaurus but I don't think I would call it the definitive Allosaurus and the competition with this genus is strong. We'll see what the price is, then I'll decide if I want it or not. Allosaurus is one of my favorite theropods but I already have a lot of them. I like what they're doing with the teeth and overall scalation though. It makes me feel like PNSO will undoubtedly release another T. rex at some point down the road with similar changes.

Can we get the first page of this thread updated with pictures of the announced releases?

stargatedalek

That Yutyrannus didn't grab me, but this Allosaurus looks like a marked improvement! More more fine texturing and, although the jaw not fully closing is extremely unfortunate (and weird) it seems to have full oral tissues without oversized teeth despite the mouth not fully closing forcing the teeth to remain visible.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: