News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eocarcharia

According to a comment on PNSO's instagram post, the species is Allosaurus fragilis.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: SenSx on April 27, 2021, 02:03:33 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on April 27, 2021, 12:56:16 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 27, 2021, 10:46:22 AM

..just a note for all EU buyers:

After July 1 2021 all  items from outside EU will be signed as "imported goods" and be taxed (no matter what the value is).

It's a new law for all EU States:-\

Yesterday I received a mail from DHL about that...
I am a bit confused - where does this apply to? Literally anything you order outside of the EU?

I'm concerned too.
Gonna have to pass my planned order in June.
On top of that, I'm afraid orders made before the 1st Jully but that arrived after will still get the taxes, they might make you pay on delivery.
I'm not sure, but I'll make sure everything arrives before.

In Germany, its the Date of the Arrival that counts. So, if you order in May or June and it arrives in Frankfurt after the first of July, it counts.
It is a more complex thing as a whole, and we have to wait how it will be in reality. Theory and reality.

Switzerland handles this the way since 2019, but they also handle stuff completly different. I read a longer information about this whole thing, but since it is in german, it could be specific for germany in a few points.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on April 27, 2021, 02:56:05 PM
Quote from: SenSx on April 27, 2021, 02:03:33 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on April 27, 2021, 12:56:16 PM

After July 1 2021 all  items from outside EU will be signed as "imported goods" and be taxed (no matter what the value is).

I am a bit confused - where does this apply to? Literally anything you order outside of the EU?

I'm concerned too.
Gonna have to pass my planned order in June.
On top of that, I'm afraid orders made before the 1st Jully but that arrived after will still get the taxes, they might make you pay on delivery.
I'm not sure, but I'll make sure everything arrives before.

In Germany, its the Date of the Arrival that counts. So, if you order in May or June and it arrives in Frankfurt after the first of July, it counts.
It is a more complex thing as a whole, and we have to wait how it will be in reality. Theory and reality.

Switzerland handles this the way since 2019, but they also handle stuff completly different. I read a longer information about this whole thing, but since it is in german, it could be specific for germany in a few points.

I'm very sorry for that news. In case you cannot buy them due to customs problems, what can we do! In my case I have already pre-ordered in a store in Andalusia Alcaicería all the figures of Collecta, Papo, daspletosaurus and spinosaurus from Safari and triceratops (the two versions of Eofauna). Honestly, in my case it will be money that I am going to save. I do not intend to buy beyond my means.

I obey the law and I don't want to get into any trouble with customs. I will only buy products that are sold within the EU. Of course, if before July 1 the BoTM kosmoceratops reaches everythingdinosaur, I will only buy that figure that I am in love with in this case before July 1, otherwise, nothing happens! I am not suicidal in the economic field and I do not want to pay money in customs because the figure would be much more expensive than it would actually be worth as the saying goes "the collar is more expensive than the dog".

I hope that some store in some EU nation, especially in my case in Spain, ends up selling PNSO dinosaur figures. If he sells them maybe I will buy them (since they will be expensive) but if he does not sell them in my case it will not traumatize me even though I love dinosaurs.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: SRF on April 27, 2021, 02:04:22 PM

That's no good news. Well I guess I have to pick up everything that I like from PNSO that is released before July right away.

Meaning that maybe I'll just pick up the Allosaurus this week after all.  :P

What amount of taxes will we have to pay after the 1st of July?

ALL items from outside EU will be taxed.
Amounts may vary from Country to Country..

SenSx

That's no good news. Well I guess I have to pick up everything that I like from PNSO that is released before July right away.

I red it will be about 20% of the price, don't know if it takes the shipping price in consideration.
Maybe it will vary country to country, but big orders can become quite costy.

SRF

Quote from: SenSx on April 27, 2021, 04:00:37 PM

I red it will be about 20% of the price, don't know if it takes the shipping price in consideration.
Maybe it will vary country to country, but big orders can become quite costy.

A local reseller here in the Netherlands that is selling PNSO is actually still more expensive than AliExpress with a 20% increase, but that is a bummer indeed.

Now I really hope that the Yutyrannus and Carcharodontosaurus are available early in June and/or with a 10 days delivery service. Otherwise they can become needlessly expensive.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 27, 2021, 01:02:53 PM
Quote from: Bread on April 23, 2021, 10:57:17 PM
Thought lips were still controversial? Otherwise I don't see an issue with a company, like PNSO, to continue to not include them. However, I do acknowledge that PNSO have a slight issue when it comes to going extreme with the no lips.

It is. In fact given what Andrea Cau has been posting lately I think we're going to see opinion shift back towards no lips for theropods. And maybe lips for ornithopods and ceratopsids  ;D
If this is indeed true, then I doubt we'll see remake anytime soon of Wilson, maybe a repaint, but who knows? Again, I am neither favor for or against lip; however, even with Cau's evidence, I won't be against or for lips until there is fossilized evidence. Sorry for the slight off topic conversation (somewhat related but again not).

I feel sorry for those that will receive a slight increase in prices for PNSO products. Shame it is, and hopefully SRF is right that PNSO release all those June expected releases within the first week of the month, would help a lot of those affected by the tax increase. Would PNSO make note of this scenario and dispatch a large quantity of products to stores in those countries?

suspsy

It is important to remember that there is no final "truth" in palaeontology or any other branch of science. Cau's methodology strikes me as very sound, but he admits himself that his conclusion is a "maybe" as opposed to a solid "yes" or "no." Again, it would be great to get more feedback from other experts, and for this method to be studied, applied, and refined more in the future. Personally, I'm still not convinced that so many dinosaurs were walking around with exposed dentition. But that's me.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

So many new models that I have missed!
If only I wasn't so immerse in a new hobby that takes a lot of my budget I would have probably ordered a lot of stuff that PNSO has released. I don´t  think I have seen this much quality figures in such a short period of time, even the ones I dont like that much still look great.
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 27, 2021, 03:05:46 PM

ALL items from outside EU will be taxed.
Amounts may vary from Country to Country..
Time for my rant about taxes. Apologies if I touched a subject that fall into the non allowed categories, but I need to do it.

I hate that I have to pay extra for imported good that are already expensive enough, just because governments want to forcibly take away more money from their citizens. And on top of that, the way things are handled here in Spain makes it worst.  There is a company that should exist that manages the custom process that tells you how you can do the custom process two ways, their way or by yourself.

You do it by their way, you pay the taxes and their abussive management cost. >:(
You do it by yourself, you should only pay the taxes, but they still charge you 5,88€ for "management costs", which is ILLEGAL because you are the one doing it, not them. And yes there is a way to claim it and you are guaranteed to win, but it takes time, paperwork, and imagine doing that for every package you import.

But on top of that, they try to trick people, if you order is less that 150€ they won't tell you about the do it yourself option and ask for the documents and the money afterwords, and if you want to do it by yourself, you have to revoke them the authority to do it! With orders over 150€, they do tell you the do it yourself option. Still, the do it yourself option still requires acquiring certain registrations in AEAT (our version of IRS), but once you obtain them for the first time, you dont have to get them again. I discovered all of this thanks to me ordering a lot of stuff in Japan and getting taxed, and the best way to save you time is declare things in advance that way you can do the process yourself directly. Still taxes are such an annoyance and those illegal 5,88, infuriating...

And with this announcement now I also worry about possible orders from aliexpress...if I ever want to get some of those PNSO...UGH.

To finish this: F-word taxes. Rant over.

Shonisaurus

avatar_MLMjp @MLMjp I'm going to wait for PNSO products to be sold within the EU and so will Vitae and other toy dinosaur companies like Favorite. They will cost more but they will end up reaching you if they are figures within the EU in a short space of time, but I know from experience that customs retain non-EU packages, an average of two months and what is worse then they demand taxes at random. You do not risk money that can be used to eat or pay taxes such as gas, electricity, telephone, internet. I recommend that you wait.

Look at it on the bright side. We have to pay enough to the Treasury to pay additional customs taxes for each purchase abroad.

Hopefully those figures arrive in Spain ... and if not, it is not the end of the world. There is life beyond the PNSO dinosaurs. I like them but you have to be prudent and frugal when consuming, it is a virtue that I am experiencing.

I am satisfied with companies such as Collecta, Papo, Rebor, Nanmu, Schleich, Safari, Wild Past, Eofauna, Mesozoo or Mojo those figures can fortunately be purchased within the EU. We still have quite a few toy dinosaur companies for now that we can collect without the dreaded customs.

I hope that in time PNSO, Vitae, Favorite, Kaiyodo or BoTM will be sold in some online or physical stores in Europe.

MLMjp

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 27, 2021, 07:47:27 PM
Look at it on the bright side. We have to pay enough to the Treasury to pay additional customs taxes for each purchase abroad.
Sorry Shonisaurus, I don't see that bright side you talk about. :-\

stoneage

Does this only affect European countries, how about the USA?

Dromaenychus

Quote from: stoneage on April 27, 2021, 10:10:55 PM
Does this only affect European countries, how about the USA?
Did a quick search and it seems there was a EU exemption for imports under a certain value. That exemption goes away in July. This is a EU specific tax, so it doesn't affect USA.

Concavenator

Naturally, I was concerned after reading this, so I straight asked Everything Dinosaur about this. I asked them if they are expecting any change regarding PNSO models' availability and / or increased prices for the figures due to this. They gave me permission to share their answer with all of you:

"The UK left the customs union at the start of the year. This means that goods travelling to and from Europe are subject to different rules. Whilst there are no trading tariffs there is still duty to be paid on items moving from the UK to Europe and from Europe to the UK. However, with Everything Dinosaur there is nothing for you to worry about. Any purchase worth more than 22 euros will automatically be sent to our customers in Europe Delivery Duty Paid (DDP). We at Everything Dinosaur pay the duty for all our European customers. You don't have to pay the duty, we pay it for you. All our deliveries to Europe using the DDP method are fully tracked, this is just one of the many ways in which Everything Dinosaur stands out from the competition. Here is a link to our blog post written in December 2020 that explained the new European postal arrangements we put in place: https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2020/12/29/everything-dinosaur-offers-new-tracked-postal-service-for-eu-customers.html "

Actually, it makes sense there won't be any change (at least from the part of Everything Dinosaur) because otherwise it wouldn't make sense for them to announce all the newest models from PNSO if they weren't going to stock them.

Flaffy

"Triceratops"...! In bronze form :-\
Was really hoping that this one would be a PVC release. Maybe we'll get one down the line? The sculpt is based off AMNH 5119.

SRF

Quote from: Flaffy on April 28, 2021, 11:01:53 AM
"Triceratops"...! In bronze form :-\
Was really hoping that this one would be a PVC release. Maybe we'll get one down the line? The sculpt is based off AMNH 5119.

And we all thought that it was a Torosaurus. :o

I'm wondering if this one is also to be made into a figure, and vice versa for Wyatt since he also popped up as a big statue on those photos from last year. It wouldn't surprise me if PNSO is going to release a new Triceratops in figure form as well and it would only make sense if they use a sculpt that at least looks a lot like this statue.

Only I'm not so sure if I like the pose of this one.  :-\

Shonisaurus

Honestly, the bronze PNSO dinosaurs are superior in quality and beauty by far. No wonder they all have very expensive prices, but they are worth buying.

SRF

BTW it just hits me that PNSO seems to really have increased the pace in which they reveal their new products now. It's only six days ago since we've got a first glance of the Yutyrannus. At this pace, we're getting all the missing numbers of the Prehistoric Animal Models line well before July.

Maybe one thing has to do with another?

Pachyventer

Quote from: SRF on April 28, 2021, 12:47:30 PM
BTW it just hits me that PNSO seems to really have increased the pace in which they reveal their new products now. It's only six days ago since we've got a first glance of the Yutyrannus. At this pace, we're getting all the missing numbers of the Prehistoric Animal Models line well before July.

Maybe one thing has to do with another?

Well, they promised "a bunch of models" till the end of this month, according to posts on Everything Dino. So they just keep their word this time :) Anyway, any news about that Allosaurus? Wednesday is here but not a peep from Amazon so far.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: