News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: Concavenator on April 28, 2021, 07:57:35 PM
I think it's a matter of time before "Conard" the Torvosaurus is revealed. Could be any of these days really.
Yes,that would be nice.It would go well with the Allosaurus fragilis just revealed.

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

SidB

Well. we're getting the theropods that many were eagerly anticipating. Me, I was more focused on the ornithischians, but I'll gladly take the former too.

John

Quote from: SidB on April 28, 2021, 09:52:19 PM
Well. we're getting the theropods that many were eagerly anticipating. Me, I was more focused on the ornithischians, but I'll gladly take the former too.
I would not be surprised to see Edmontonia turn up in the middle of all these theropods.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Bread

Agreed, don't get me wrong I love all these therapod releases and I am probably going to acquire them all at some point. However, I would love more ornithoschians, specifically unique ones.
I won't list them as I have already posted a list on the PNSO Hopes and Dreams List.

Does anyone have any idea or clue as to how much it cost to make these bronze statues?

Gwangi

Really hoping for the Torvosaurus next, that's the one I'm excited about.

suspsy

Sauropods continue to get the shaft. Sure would be neat to get a Saltasaurus. Remember when that one was famous for being the only known armoured sauropod?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on April 28, 2021, 11:03:50 PM
Sauropods continue to get the shaft. Sure would be neat to get a Saltasaurus. Remember when that one was famous for being the only known armoured sauropod?

I have to wonder as to why that is. Maybe they don't want to produce small sauropods? Doesn't make sense anyway since there are plenty of smaller genera to pick from. Any "prosauropod" would be welcome. I'd take a Dicraeosaurus, Europasaurus, Nigersaurus, Saltasaurus etc.

Faelrin

I find the lack of sauropods strange as well. Hopefully they will do some again. I really love their Amargasaurus (still have yet to get one though). Even one or two a year would be nice to see going forward.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bokisaurus

Yup, sauropods are being left out these days, I think it's the size. Imagine package let alone shipping. Thank god we have CollectA!
Saltasaurus is a good candidate since I think they have one in the mini set.
Imagine a Bajadasaurus from them?🤗
A shunosaurus is another one to flesh out their Chinese species.

suspsy

No, you're thinking of Ampelosaurus. There hasn't been a Saltasaurus toy in ages.

Personally, I'd love it if PNSO stuck to small sauropods for their PVC line; it's not like other companies are making scores of them aside from Amargasaurus. In addition to the ones already mentioned, there's Magyarosaurus, Ferganasaurus, Kaatedocus, Paludititan, and my personal fave, Brachytrachelopan. Not to mention a slew of "prosauropods" like Riojasaurus, Massospondylus, Melanorosaurus, Aardonyx, and good old Plateosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: John on April 28, 2021, 09:55:24 PM
I would not be surprised to see Edmontonia turn up in the middle of all these theropods.
That would sooth my yearning! Time anyways for a challenger to the venerable Battat Edmontonia.

SRF

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 28, 2021, 02:58:41 PM
Quote from: SRF on April 28, 2021, 11:23:01 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 28, 2021, 11:01:53 AM
"Triceratops"...! In bronze form :-\
Was really hoping that this one would be a PVC release. Maybe we'll get one down the line? The sculpt is based off AMNH 5119.

And we all thought that it was a Torosaurus. :o

I'm wondering if this one is also to be made into a figure, and vice versa for Wyatt since he also popped up as a big statue on those photos from last year. It wouldn't surprise me if PNSO is going to release a new Triceratops in figure form as well and it would only make sense if they use a sculpt that at least looks a lot like this statue.

Only I'm not so sure if I like the pose of this one.  :-\

I really hope they do a standard figure of this. Very nostalgic mount for me and would be a great compliment to Winter Wilson.

The ID of this specimen as Torosaurus is just an internet thing right? I don't know of any paper that has formally argued for it's reclassification as Torosaurus (though it's a distinct possibility). I'd be happy to just go with the original classification as Triceratops elatus for now...

I didn't realize this sculpt matches the skeletal mount, in that case forget about what I've said about the pose.  :) You're probably right that this would compliment Winter Wilson very well.

About this being identified as a Torosaurus: when the first pictures of this sculpt showed up, it was mainly mentioned that is was a Torosaurus. Also here on the forum if I'm correct. On some social media pages, I still see this sculpt being named as a Torosaurus, while now it's clear that it is actually the AMNH Triceratops. Which makes sense since Zhao Chuang collaborated with AMNH in the last few years.

It has nothing to do with the animal itself or a reclassification of what species it is, only with peoples perception of this sculpt after it was first revealed.
But today, I'm just being father

Leyster

Quote from: SRF on April 29, 2021, 08:20:23 AM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 28, 2021, 02:58:41 PM
Quote from: SRF on April 28, 2021, 11:23:01 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 28, 2021, 11:01:53 AM
"Triceratops"...! In bronze form :-\
Was really hoping that this one would be a PVC release. Maybe we'll get one down the line? The sculpt is based off AMNH 5119.

And we all thought that it was a Torosaurus. :o

I'm wondering if this one is also to be made into a figure, and vice versa for Wyatt since he also popped up as a big statue on those photos from last year. It wouldn't surprise me if PNSO is going to release a new Triceratops in figure form as well and it would only make sense if they use a sculpt that at least looks a lot like this statue.

Only I'm not so sure if I like the pose of this one.  :-\

I really hope they do a standard figure of this. Very nostalgic mount for me and would be a great compliment to Winter Wilson.

The ID of this specimen as Torosaurus is just an internet thing right? I don't know of any paper that has formally argued for it's reclassification as Torosaurus (though it's a distinct possibility). I'd be happy to just go with the original classification as Triceratops elatus for now...

I didn't realize this sculpt matches the skeletal mount, in that case forget about what I've said about the pose.  :) You're probably right that this would compliment Winter Wilson very well.

About this being identified as a Torosaurus: when the first pictures of this sculpt showed up, it was mainly mentioned that is was a Torosaurus. Also here on the forum if I'm correct. On some social media pages, I still see this sculpt being named as a Torosaurus, while now it's clear that it is actually the AMNH Triceratops. Which makes sense since Zhao Chuang collaborated with AMNH in the last few years.

It has nothing to do with the animal itself or a reclassification of what species it is, only with peoples perception of this sculpt after it was first revealed.
AMNH 5116 is officially labelled as Triceratops, but it's quite un-Triceratopslike, and the back of the skull is restored with plaster, anyway. See here and here
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Pachyventer

Here we have a sort of size comparison: Allosaurus vs Stegosaurus
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7325336056

Thialfi

Quote from: Flaffy on April 28, 2021, 07:29:26 PM
Until the sculptor themselves confirms/denies it, it's unfortunate that it's being marketed/labeled as A. fragilis when it's clearly A. jimmadseni.

Still going to try and pick this one up regardless. I really like how the crests and nasal ridges were handled on this sculpt.
Does it really matter though? If it's a jimmadseni in all but name it's a jimmadseni. It is whatever you want it to be.

Bread

Quote from: Pachyventer on April 29, 2021, 11:15:59 AM
Here we have a sort of size comparison: Allosaurus vs Stegosaurus
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7325336056
Thanks for the photos! Maybe I'll have to pickup that Stegosaurus after all....

Pachyventer

I dunno. I DO hope PNSO will release their Stegosaurus V2.0 one day.

Bread

Was just about to post that link. Thank you.

So if this is the price for the Allosaurus ($38.99), I am going to assume the Yutyrannus is the same price. PNSO is eating away my wallet....

SRF

Found this in hand photo of Paul the Allosaurus on Facebook. All though I really like the blue eyes on Wyatt and also on Austin, I'm not so sure what to think of blue eyes on a theropod. Somehow I feel blue eyes are a bit misplaced on a carnivore.

Allosaurus wasn't a high priority for me to begin with and with hopefully a lot more to come from PNSO in the coming weeks, this one is going to be a pass for me after all.
But today, I'm just being father

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: