News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

On hand images further down the thread...
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7326142003

Not so hot on the actual paint applications.
But will still probably get it.

LBDINO

what do you guys think about this new base being sold? I think am going to give it a shot not a bad price seems to hold up the figure as well using the logs

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002529055526.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3fc44c4dzC6ny7

Bread

Quote from: LBDINO on April 30, 2021, 04:20:34 PM
what do you guys think about this new base being sold? I think am going to give it a shot not a bad price seems to hold up the figure as well using the logs

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002529055526.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3fc44c4dzC6ny7
There is a thread I made advertising these bases. Here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9529.0
I was not sure if those bases should be mentioned here as they are unofficial, but they are dedicated for PNSO figures.

SRF

Quote from: Bread on April 30, 2021, 03:17:17 PM
It is about $33 US avatar_SRF @SRF which My Online Toy Store and Model Toy Center have about the same price. This is for those who want it without the box.

I am curious, how is the packaging for those who order with box? I've never ordered a figure alone with the box, I have had bulk orders and they were shipped together with box and figure without box. Edit: This is a question regarding Aliexpress packaging.

I've only ordered models with box, only one at the time. The boxes are packaged thightly in a cartboard box, sometimes with some extra package material in the cardboard box or with plastic/bubble wrap on the outside of the box. Since the PNSO boxes come out clean without any noticable damage, I feel they are very well packed. 
But today, I'm just being father

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2021, 03:23:55 PM
Quote from: SRF on April 30, 2021, 07:08:37 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 30, 2021, 06:31:30 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on April 30, 2021, 02:46:49 AM
More bronze statues, blegh. Seriously worried they might be doing away with big vinyl pieces for good.

That sounds like what we're seeing, remove the big pieces that cost more to ship, increase the prices and quantity of the medium size line.

Weren't the vinyls also from the "Prehistoric Animal Models" line? Because that would mean that they have replaced those completely for the models we're getting now in that line. Meaning that big vinyls isn't something PNSO is doing anymore. Which isn't strange if you consider that they released those vinyl models five years ago, after that came the pvc models of the museum line and the prehistoric animal models line.

I can't recall the name of the line exactly. PNSO released those first vinyl pieces, then went MIA on us for a bit, came back with a few more, mainly the marine animals, though I'm not sure those were in the same line even if they were hollow vinyl as well. Has it been five years since the big Icthyosaurus, Megalodon, and Basilosaurus came out?  Doesn't feel like it.  I thought we only skipped a year or so?

It looks like the big hollow figures that came out first with tags under a different branding were re-releasesd around 2019 in the same box style and branding as the current PVC line complete with the same numbering system, but with different paint applications. So it's safe to say the big hollow figures are done, with the existing ones officially rolled into the large PVC line. Not sure what the status of the minis might be or if they are still in production...
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

SRF

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 30, 2021, 07:00:28 PM
More bronze statues, blegh. Seriously worried they might be doing away with big vinyl pieces for good.

That sounds like what we're seeing, remove the big pieces that cost more to ship, increase the prices and quantity of the medium size line.

Weren't the vinyls also from the "Prehistoric Animal Models" line? Because that would mean that they have replaced those completely for the models we're getting now in that line. Meaning that big vinyls isn't something PNSO is doing anymore. Which isn't strange if you consider that they released those vinyl models five years ago, after that came the pvc models of the museum line and the prehistoric animal models line.

I can't recall the name of the line exactly. PNSO released those first vinyl pieces, then went MIA on us for a bit, came back with a few more, mainly the marine animals, though I'm not sure those were in the same line even if they were hollow vinyl as well. Has it been five years since the big Icthyosaurus, Megalodon, and Basilosaurus came out?  Doesn't feel like it.  I thought we only skipped a year or so?

It looks like the big hollow figures that came out first with tags under a different branding were re-releasesd around 2019 in the same box style and branding as the current PVC line complete with the same numbering system, but with different paint applications. So it's safe to say the big hollow figures are done, with the existing ones officially rolled into the large PVC line. Not sure what the status of the minis might be or if they are still in production...

The only vinyl figure I can think of that was newly released in the Prehistoric Animal line is Nick the Ceratosaurus. But since I don't own that model, I'm not even sure if it is a hollow vinyl figure? I do know he is number 11 in the line.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SRF on April 30, 2021, 07:07:26 PM
Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 30, 2021, 07:00:28 PM

The only vinyl figure I can think of that was newly released in the Prehistoric Animal line is Nick the Ceratosaurus. But since I don't own that model, I'm not even sure if it is a hollow vinyl figure? I do know he is number 11 in the line.

It is hollow and vinyl.  I know there were more large pieces planned originally.

SRF

Quote from: Bread on April 27, 2021, 06:29:51 PM
I feel sorry for those that will receive a slight increase in prices for PNSO products. Shame it is, and hopefully SRF is right that PNSO release all those June expected releases within the first week of the month, would help a lot of those affected by the tax increase. Would PNSO make note of this scenario and dispatch a large quantity of products to stores in those countries?

I feel the need to correct myself on this matter. After looking up some pictures and info on the Carcharodontosaurus and the Yutyrannus, I saw it's clearly stated that they will both be released at the end of June. Meaning that they will arrive in EU countries after the 1st of July.

All the information I could find on this matter applied to EU-base sellers who sell goods that come from outside the EU. Still not sure what that means for a consumer who buys products from a non-EU based seller directly though. I really have to get deeper into the matter I think if I want to keep buying from AliExpress stores.

Shonisaurus

I like it much more that the PNSO dinosaurs have that artistic base, that artistic base is much better than the transparent base even though it is somewhat more expensive. I applaud PNSO's decision.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 01, 2021, 03:21:36 PM

I like it much more that the PNSO dinosaurs have that artistic base, that artistic base is much better than the transparent base even though it is somewhat more expensive. I applaud PNSO's decision.
It seems to be a good product, but it's not from PNSO, but especially made by the Model Toy Centre.

Halichoeres

I think the Ophthalmosaurus came out in 2019, so more recently than the last batch of miniatures. I don't know if I'd count any of their ranges out, they might just be concentrating on one at a time.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

I don´t know if I´m the only one who feels this way but I think PNSO has improved this year in comparison with 2020. I mean, all their new releases since last year´s september that started with the Microraptor have been very, very good. But I´m particularly happy with their 2021 releases so far, more than I was for the 2020 ones. In my opinion, PNSO has been delivering a definitive version of every new species they make, and that almost every week. This really is oustanding, to be honest I don´t even know how they make this possible.  ;D

Flaffy

In hand pics of the Allosauurs... The paint is not that great, the facial keratin feels especially sloppy. Sculpt is still very nice though, I'd reckon it'd look spectacular with a repaint.
The diminutive yet detailed teeth are absolutely a step up from their carnotaurus.

suspsy

PNSO has REALLY improved since their very first batch of PVCs, and those ones were very good to begin with. I love the Stegosaurus and the Spinops, but they seriously pale in comparison to the Miragaaia, the Tuojiangosaurus, the Machairoceratops, and the Sinoceratops.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Skorpio V.

I wouldn't be called mad if I said the head looked smaller on the promo images or vice versa, would I? This is a discrepancy that doesn't seem like it's due to an angle. At least it's a positive discrepancy I suppose. What isn't positive is the oh-so apparent shrink-wrapping :'(

Quote from: Flaffy on May 01, 2021, 08:35:20 PM

On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Flaffy

Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 01, 2021, 09:47:20 PM
I wouldn't be called mad if I said the head looked smaller on the promo images or vice versa, would I? This is a discrepancy that doesn't seem like it's due to an angle. At least it's a positive discrepancy I suppose. What isn't positive is the oh-so apparent shrink-wrapping :'(

Not seeing any shrink wrapping on the Allosaurus.

Stegotyranno420

Looks great. Much better proportioned, but its seems kind of dull and small. Great sculpt :)

Duna

That's a great skin with very small scales and small and proportionate teeth (and not what they did with the Wilson and the Carnotaurus) ...

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Flaffy on May 01, 2021, 09:49:29 PM
Quote from: Skorpio V. on May 01, 2021, 09:47:20 PM

Not seeing any shrink wrapping on the Allosaurus.

How so?

Also a bit off putting for me are the still bare teeth and the very small feet... they may be appropriate in lenght, but they just do not look right to support the weight and speed of such a big theropod. Guess I`ll stay with my customized Vitae Chilantaisaurus.

Bread

Thanks for the images Flaffy!

Maybe it is just me, but I feel that PNSO have not really improved nor declined. Yes some slight facial sculpting improvements, but with the prices rising and the color schemes looking a bit sloppy I don't see that much improvement. However, let's wait to judge as it is still pretty early on with releases, plus we still have two models we have yet to have in hand (Carcharodontosaurus and Yutyrannus).

Still love PNSO and they are doing a great job at producing this many models in such a short time period.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: