News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Another super expensive product that I have absolutely zero interest in acquiring, however, I am still very impressed by the level of research, craftsmanship, and dedication that plainly went into it.

More and more I despair that PNSO has abandoned the miniatures that so drew me to them in the first place.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dinoguy2

Quote from: SRF on April 28, 2021, 11:23:01 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 28, 2021, 11:01:53 AM
"Triceratops"...! In bronze form :-\
Was really hoping that this one would be a PVC release. Maybe we'll get one down the line? The sculpt is based off AMNH 5119.

And we all thought that it was a Torosaurus. :o

I'm wondering if this one is also to be made into a figure, and vice versa for Wyatt since he also popped up as a big statue on those photos from last year. It wouldn't surprise me if PNSO is going to release a new Triceratops in figure form as well and it would only make sense if they use a sculpt that at least looks a lot like this statue.

Only I'm not so sure if I like the pose of this one.  :-\

I really hope they do a standard figure of this. Very nostalgic mount for me and would be a great compliment to Winter Wilson.

The ID of this specimen as Torosaurus is just an internet thing right? I don't know of any paper that has formally argued for it's reclassification as Torosaurus (though it's a distinct possibility). I'd be happy to just go with the original classification as Triceratops elatus for now...
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on April 28, 2021, 01:28:08 PM
Another super expensive product that I have absolutely zero interest in acquiring, however, I am still very impressed by the level of research, craftsmanship, and dedication that plainly went into it.

More and more I despair that PNSO has abandoned the miniatures that so drew me to them in the first place.

I loved the big vinyl pieces, but I'm thinking they are being left out too.

Carnoking

Gavin got a model in the prehistoric line and a bronze statue, so all hope is not lost!

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on April 28, 2021, 04:08:28 PM
Gavin got a model in the prehistoric line and a bronze statue, so all hope is not lost!
Wyatt the Parasaurolophus as well! We have seen images of the bronze Parasaurolophus long ago, so that one must be released soon. This leads me to believe this Triceratops could be making its way into the mid size figures soon... Fingers crossed!

Andre

Quote from: Pachyventer on April 28, 2021, 12:55:32 PM
any news about that Allosaurus? Wednesday is here but not a peep from Amazon so far.

I asked Motel Toy Center, they said "in 3 days". 

Bokisaurus

Yup beautiful bronze model and yes, hoping this will be made in PVC as a companion for Wilson v3.

Who knows what PNSO have planned, that's what's make them exciting and unpredictable 😃 I wouldn't be surprised if they just drop a bunch of min figures like they did the last time after all those were targeted to a very different audience than these larger models.

Pachyventer

Quote from: Andre on April 28, 2021, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: Pachyventer on April 28, 2021, 12:55:32 PM
any news about that Allosaurus? Wednesday is here but not a peep from Amazon so far.

I asked Motel Toy Center, they said "in 3 days".

Thank you for sharing that info. I think I have to keep my brain busy with something else now as patience is NOT that point of mine I'd call strong))) Oh well, PNSO's plans are the same as summer rains — you can never predict them :)

suspsy

I would rather see PNSO do pretty much any ceratopsian other than Triceratops and Styracosaurus for their PVC range. Torosaurus would be at the top of my list. So would Anchiceratops, Pentaceratops, Centrosaurus, and Judiceratops.

Also, when is PNSO going to reveal another non-dinosaur? That poor Atopodentatus must be very lonely by now!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Direct confirmation from PNSO that "Paul" is A. fragilis :'(

Concavenator

Quote from: Flaffy on April 28, 2021, 06:17:20 PM
"Paul" is A. fragilis :'(

Bye, Paul. Nice to meet you  :'(

P.S. I still think it resembles A.jimmadseni more  ???

EDIT - Everything Dinosaur said they also think it's A.jimmadseni: https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2021/04/27/pnso-paul-the-allosaurus.html

EDIT 2 - I think that in the OP, the last pic of the Stegosaurus and Allosaurus skeletals can be removed, now that the Allosaurus has officially been revealed.

Patrx

My Triceratops obsession is well-documented, but yikes, I can't afford bronze!

I'd actually like to see PNSO do a bigger PVC version of their Liaoceratops :D

Leyster

Quote from: Flaffy on April 28, 2021, 06:17:20 PM
Direct confirmation from PNSO that "Paul" is A. fragilis :'(

Sorry, but it doesn't make sense at all, they probably got something wrong

This is A.jimmadseni

This is A.fragilis

Both are from Chure & Loewen (2020)

You can clery see that the ventral margin of the jugal doesn't fit in PNSO's restoration, while it matches A.jimmadseni. Whatever PNSO says, that's A.jimmadseni.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I wouldn't trust the PR person from PNSO to know what the sculptor intended. The PR person thinks that the Parasaurolophus is 1:35 scale. I don't think they actually know.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Flaffy

Until the sculptor themselves confirms/denies it, it's unfortunate that it's being marketed/labeled as A. fragilis when it's clearly A. jimmadseni.

Still going to try and pick this one up regardless. I really like how the crests and nasal ridges were handled on this sculpt.

John

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Leyster

Quote from: Flaffy on April 28, 2021, 07:29:26 PM

Still going to try and pick this one up regardless. I really like how the crests and nasal ridges were handled on this sculpt.
Yeah, why not? After all, who cares what the PR says? It's not that the value of the figure is diminuished by being called A.fragilis  ^-^
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Concavenator

I think it's a matter of time before "Conard" the Torvosaurus is revealed. Could be any of these days really.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Leyster on April 28, 2021, 07:52:35 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 28, 2021, 07:29:26 PM

Yeah, why not? After all, who cares what the PR says? It's not that the value of the figure is diminuished by being called A.fragilis  ^-^
it is if you have a one figure per animal policy for your collection

Edit though I should say I am saying this is Allosaurus jimmadseni so it's fine
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

cannot wait for Conard. i hope its not a bust like Paul or Yuty.(both have very strange head sizes, which ruins it for me)
Any other word on Gamba?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: