News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

New PNSO Reference Thread: All About Past & Present (Images Heavy Thread)

Started by RobinGoodfellow, December 10, 2020, 05:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I knew the price for the Sinosauropteryx. I had thought maybe in the region of $1200 or more for the pterosaur. Postage also an issue given the weight!

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 27, 2021, 09:55:57 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on March 27, 2021, 09:32:39 AM
Given the size, I dread to think what the price will be!

https://www.amazon.com/%E3%80%90Pre-Sale%E3%80%91-PNSO-Scientific-Sculptures-Sinosauropteryx/dp/B08YWR41BH/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=pnso&qid=1616838625&sr=8-10

Over the web I've seen an higher price for the Thalassodromeus (more than 1K usd)..

Shonisaurus

It's a shame it's not the thalassodromeus of a more affordable material like PVC. I had the illusion that PNSO would make a thalassodrromeus sethi out of PVC.

In spite of everything, the figure is super attractive.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

EverythingDinosaurs said that the price of the bronze statue  limited edition 15 Thalassodromeus will be a cheap 3500 usd delivered..  >:D
I think I'll pass.  ;)  O:-)

Bread

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 29, 2021, 11:57:08 AM

EverythingDinosaurs said that the price of the bronze statue  limited edition 15 Thalassodromeus will be a cheap 3500 usd delivered..  >:D
HOLY.......
That's the price of a used car, no thanks, will pass too. Thanks for the information RobinGoodFellow! Much appreciated.

Everything_Dinosaur

Don't think we used the reference "cheap" in any of our posts with regards to the PNSO Thalassodromeus, the price for this figure is $3,500 USD we did state that this was serious money for serious collectors, as a business that also collects dinosaur models and replicas we fully understand that this PNSO bronze figure is out of reach for most of us.  With only 15 being made, we suspect that they will be sold quite quickly anyway.  However, we posted on this forum as we wanted to give everyone the same opportunity to enquire about this figure.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on March 29, 2021, 02:19:01 PM
Don't think we used the reference "cheap" in any of our posts with regards to the PNSO Thalassodromeus, the price for this figure is $3,500 USD we did state that this was serious money for serious collectors, as a business that also collects dinosaur models and replicas we fully understand that this PNSO bronze figure is out of reach for most of us.  With only 15 being made, we suspect that they will be sold quite quickly anyway.  However, we posted on this forum as we wanted to give everyone the same opportunity to enquire about this figure.

Of course a bronze statue is always expensive.
Everyone should know that.
David Krentz did a bronze edition for his Regina Mundi Tyrannosaurus and it was even more expensive than PNSO.
No intention to be offensive with the word "cheap", for sure..

ceratopsian

sauroid

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 29, 2021, 04:09:34 PM
I have put my name down for one. A treat to myself.
wow! i cant wait to see your acquisition. congrats ceratopsian.  :D
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

In that case, I hope you are willing to submit a review of it, as I reckon that may be our only chance of adding to the blog!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ceratopsian

Thanks everyone.  Let's hope everything works out OK!  And yes, I'll have a go at a review when the time comes.

Quote from: suspsy on March 29, 2021, 06:42:04 PM

In that case, I hope you are willing to submit a review of it, as I reckon that may be our only chance of adding to the blog!

Halichoeres

Can't wait to see your photos! You'll be the envy of the forum.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

stoneage

Quote from: Bread on March 29, 2021, 12:18:43 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 29, 2021, 11:57:08 AM

HOLY.......
That's the price of a used car, no thanks, will pass too. Thanks for the information RobinGoodFellow! Much appreciated.

That's about  $1,000 dollars more then I paid for my car.

Halichoeres

It's more than both the cars I've owned put together, but I've only owned jalopies. Absolute trash. Honestly I would rather have this statue than a car of equal value!

SidB

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 30, 2021, 10:34:36 AM

Congratulations :))  8)  ^-^
It's good to hear that some from our community have the resources to be able to acquire gems like this special figure. It's also great that typically, these acquisitions are shared with the rest of us via the fabulous range of visually rich imagery to which we're regularly treated . Of course, most of the members will find such statuary beyond their grasp, but on the other hand, we have the privilege of participating in the joys of collecting, without the relatively prohibitive expenses that would be incurred. For myself, I take pleasure in this and am glad for the members who acquire and share their finds with us.

stoneage

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 30, 2021, 03:08:10 AM
It's more than both the cars I've owned put together, but I've only owned jalopies. Absolute trash. Honestly I would rather have this statue than a car of equal value!

I would rather have all the different prehistoric figures I could buy with the money!

ceratopsian

Thank you everybody for saying nice things about my treat.  I must admit I dithered about telling you all that I'd bought one, as I'm very aware that it's beyond most people's budget and that I'm very privileged in this respect.  I promise to take photos and share that way! The expected date is something like June or July....

Duna

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 30, 2021, 06:11:28 PM
Thank you everybody for saying nice things about my treat.  I must admit I dithered about telling you all that I'd bought one, as I'm very aware that it's beyond most people's budget and that I'm very privileged in this respect.  I promise to take photos and share that way! The expected date is something like June or July....
I think you did the best, it's a truly piece of art. And it's a dinosaur. Maybe if you don't buy it now you will never ever will. As my friend says "A train does not pass twice" ...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: