News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivántirrophus

Why carnotaurus is not in the picture? is it retired? :-[

blnadal

dragon53

SENSX:

Thanks for the info.
I would be interested in the new T-Rex if it doesn't have the leg seams like the current Nanmu T-Rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on April 26, 2021, 01:55:29 PM
SENSX:

Thanks for the info.
I would be interested in the new T-Rex if it doesn't have the leg seams like the current Nanmu T-Rex.

I can't find any obvious seams on mine?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Renecito on April 24, 2021, 06:50:52 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on April 21, 2021, 05:11:55 PM
Quote from: Renecito on April 17, 2021, 03:29:39 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 16, 2021, 11:55:13 PM
I wonder what genus/species of gar that is. Maybe it's an extinct one if we're lucky?  ;)

Yes!!! The gar is what interested me the most.  :)

Same! But didn't their mosasaur just come with a great white shark? This is probably just a tropical gar (Atractosteus tropicus), native to Costa Rica.

That would be great though, Atractosteus tropicus is also native to my country El Salvador, in fact, it is considered the National fish of El Salvador. Beautiful fish!!! But of course an extinct one would be awesome.!!!

Didn't realize you were from El Salvador! I have collected fish there. No gars, though, just cichlids, tetras, and killifishes.

[edit: And some invasive bass introduced by the United States government in the 20th century ::) ]
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I've seen Youtube reviews of the Nanmu T-Rex which shows the seam where the leg joins the body, and the reviewers have also mentioned them.

Also, I asked this before but didn't get an answer---on the Nanmu Apatosaurus, does the tail seam show if glue is not used to attach it?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on April 27, 2021, 07:04:34 AM
BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I've seen Youtube reviews of the Nanmu T-Rex which shows the seam where the leg joins the body, and the reviewers have also mentioned them.

Also, I asked this before but didn't get an answer---on the Nanmu Apatosaurus, does the tail seam show if glue is not used to attach it?

I just don't see it on my two, now the clear/blue ghost Rex they are more obvious.

I glued mine so I don't know if that helps the seam or not.

SenSx

Nanmu listened to the feedbacks on Facebook, and adjusted the size of their Baryonyxs, from 29cm to 27cm for the male, and 26cm to 25,5cm for the female.
It's still a little to big in my opinion but definitely better, I'm happy they are reactive.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I hope the standing pose one is the female and the lying down is the male,  but I expect not.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SenSx

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on April 28, 2021, 01:22:30 PM
I hope the standing pose one is the female and the lying down is the male,  but I expect not.

No it's not the case, but I would have liked it too.

suspsy

It's a tired and arguably even offensive trope to depict a male animal standing tall and proud while a female is lying down and looking submissive.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't see any sexual dimorphism in the sculpt so just call it what you like? 

Stegotyranno420

I don't see any way on how its offensive. I agree with and support women's rights but there is nothing wrong here. If it is such a problem you could just pretend they are both one s*x or the other.
Reality can be anything you want. Maybe its a resting mother happy to see her husband bring food. Maybe she is watching her son grow up. Maybe they are sisters. Maybe they are brothers.
Im sorry if I come off rude, my apology
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon the only difference I believe(not sure) there is the female is a bit smaller and a bit more gracile, which does have merit since most large reptiles and large birds have males being larger, but once again, reality can be whatever you want

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The submissive female looking up to a dominant make is an offensive sexist trope, and used in lots of museums.
That is why I hope they do it the other way round and have a male looking up at a female.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

Once again, i dont understand how its sexist
and once again reality can be whatever you want
Even so, she kind of looks like she is calmly resting, not scared.
We have no idea about the male' intentions, just because its bigger and more active doesn't make this toy sexist, male elephants are like this but elephants are matriarchal(female ruled)
I understand it will be cool to see the paleo trope reversed, and that's totally fine and swell.
If I had offended anyone, that was not my motive, so sorry about the confusion.  Once again, I respect and support women's rights. I don't want the controversy to grow, so if anyone really wants to discuss this, please P.M. and we could have a calm and nice conversation.
Moving on.

Is it just me or these kind of remind me of Megalosaurus and Torvosaurus

SenSx

I think we need to go beyond the barriers of sexism, and defend female dinosaurs' rights !

PS: I sincerly hope you guys are not serious...
Although yes would be cool to have the inverted situation.

MLMjp

Gotta side with Stegotyranno420. I think you people are looking into it more than what it really is.

Sometimes, a trope is only a trope if you are told that it is a trope. Sometimes the way to end these "tropes" is not considering them tropes at all...

And I dont think we can apply those tropes to animals anyway...

Shonisaurus

Sorry because I do not follow the thread of the matter but could someone help me?

Nanmu's giganotosaurus have just arrived on lacitedesnuages.be in their two paint versions. I ordered them in January and paid for the product, but on the other hand, could someone help me pay the shipping costs? I do not know if I have to pay and I am worried that they will not send me these figures.

I have sent them a message on this subject but they have not answered me. If anyone could help me ... I would appreciate it.

In fact, last year I paid for the Nanmu tyrannosaurus and I had no problem but now I honestly don't remember how the shipping costs to said company were paid.

They have sent me an email indicating that these pre-orders have arrived at the store, but I have to pay the shipping costs and in that case the purchase would be canceled.

SenSx

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 28, 2021, 10:25:42 PM
Sorry because I do not follow the thread of the matter but could someone help me?

Nanmu's giganotosaurus have just arrived on lacitedesnuages.be in their two paint versions. I ordered them in January and paid for the product, but on the other hand, could someone help me pay the shipping costs? I do not know if I have to pay and I am worried that they will not send me these figures.

I have sent them a message on this subject but they have not answered me. If anyone could help me ... I would appreciate it.

In fact, last year I paid for the Nanmu tyrannosaurus and I had no problem but now I honestly don't remember how the shipping costs to said company were paid.

They have sent me an email indicating that these pre-orders have arrived at the store, but I have to pay the shipping costs and in that case the purchase would be canceled.

That's because you never pay the shipping cost early when you preorder at lacitedesnuages.be
You pay them right before the shipment once they are in stock, that is probably what is confusing you.
I always had to pay the shipping cost afterward, it's in case you decide to order something else that would increase the shipping fees.

blnadal

Quote from: SenSx on April 28, 2021, 10:55:08 AM
Nanmu listened to the feedbacks on Facebook, and adjusted the size of their Baryonyxs, from 29cm to 27cm for the male, and 26cm to 25,5cm for the female.
It's still a little to big in my opinion but definitely better, I'm happy they are reactive.

WIN!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: