News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

As much as I love the relaxed pose, it pains me to use the name of my favourite dinosaur for those things.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

By the way the baryonyx lying will be PVC or polystone? I suppose the base will be one hundred percent polystone but the lying figure will be made of what material? I'm more interested in a PVC Nanmu lying figure than a standing baryonyx figure with base. Will it just be the base of polystone or will it be even made of polystone part of the body of both dinosaurs?

On the other hand, I am very displeased with the Belgian sales site lacitedesnuages.be they still do not market the two giganotosaurus and I ordered both figures in their two versions of paint without base. This company is sure that customs will not charge you for shipping costs afterwards, but it is very slow with respect to the Nanmu brand.

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 18, 2021, 01:34:45 PM
By the way the baryonyx lying will be PVC or polystone? I suppose the base will be one hundred percent polystone but the lying figure will be made of what material? I'm more interested in a PVC Nanmu lying figure than a standing baryonyx figure with base. Will it just be the base of polystone or will it be even made of polystone part of the body of both dinosaurs?

On the other hand, I am very displeased with the Belgian sales site lacitedesnuages.be they still do not market the two giganotosaurus and I ordered both figures in their two versions of paint without base. This company is sure that customs will not charge you for shipping costs afterwards, but it is very slow with respect to the Nanmu brand.
To avoid that, buy directly in Aliexpress in My Online Toy Store and select Standard shipping (ALWAYS). In that never gets through customs. Other shipping options will be charges with fees. I have received PNSO Wyatt the Parasaurolophus in 7 days and with a very special price.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Duna on April 20, 2021, 09:10:41 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 18, 2021, 01:34:45 PM

To avoid that, buy directly in Aliexpress in My Online Toy Store and select Standard shipping (ALWAYS). In that never gets through customs. Other shipping options will be charges with fees. I have received PNSO Wyatt the Parasaurolophus in 7 days and with a very special price.

Thanks for the information, but because I had to pay a tariff fee for a Rebor gorilla product in bigbadtoystore, I was told by the postal officials that they passed customs invoices to all non-EU products. I will try to take a risk and buy from Aliexpress again I have from Aliexpress merchants one hundred percent good memories

Halichoeres

Quote from: Renecito on April 17, 2021, 03:29:39 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 16, 2021, 11:55:13 PM
I wonder what genus/species of gar that is. Maybe it's an extinct one if we're lucky?  ;)

Yes!!! The gar is what interested me the most.  :)

Same! But didn't their mosasaur just come with a great white shark? This is probably just a tropical gar (Atractosteus tropicus), native to Costa Rica.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 21, 2021, 05:11:55 PM
I wonder what genus/species of gar that is. Maybe it's an extinct one if we're lucky?  ;)

Same! But didn't their mosasaur just come with a great white shark? This is probably just a tropical gar (Atractosteus tropicus), native to Costa Rica.

The Mosasaur came with a human figure I think.  The Ceratosaurus came with a Great White in a couple different color schemes.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 21, 2021, 06:34:34 PM

The Mosasaur came with a human figure I think.  The Ceratosaurus came with a Great White in a couple different color schemes.

Oh yes, right you are. Of course the shark came with a Ceratosaurus, including it with the mosasaur would have made too much sense!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 24, 2021, 01:09:47 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 21, 2021, 06:34:34 PM

Oh yes, right you are. Of course the shark came with a Ceratosaurus, including it with the mosasaur would have made too much sense!

Right.

Lana just shipped my regular Triceratops, the sick one is "processing". 

Renecito

That would be great though, Atractosteus tropicus is also native to my country El Salvador, in fact, it is considered the National fish of El Salvador. Beautiful fish!!! But of course an extinct one would be awesome.!!!
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on April 16, 2021, 11:45:26 PM
From Nanmu:

Enjoy your weekend!
Santiago is lonely, so we created Calypso for it.
Will you like this couple?
Will be pre-sold in the third quarter of 2021

Better looking spinosaurids than the safari ltd 2021 spinosaurus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

dragon53

I have two questions:

1. Is there a release date for the new Nanmu T-Rex (that is similar to the Sideshow T-Rex pose)?

2. On the Nanmu Apatosaurus, will the tail seam show if glue is not used?

SenSx

Quote from: dragon53 on April 24, 2021, 04:59:44 PM
I have two questions:

1. Is there a release date for the new Nanmu T-Rex (that is similar to the Sideshow T-Rex pose)?

It will be released this summer, pre-sale probably for June or Jully, and released in August or September I guess.

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on April 25, 2021, 06:12:54 AM
That's a huge Baryonyx...

Doesnt look too big really, we didnt get to see it really compared to other dinos in the film but about the size of the allosaurus makes sense.

blnadal

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2021, 06:40:27 AM

Doesnt look too big really, we didnt get to see it really compared to other dinos in the film but about the size of the allosaurus makes sense.

It should be smaller than Carnotaurus and it's way bigger:

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 24, 2021, 04:29:06 PM
Better looking spinosaurids than the safari ltd 2021 spinosaurus
How can you say something so controversial yet so true lol.

SenSx

I'll be definitely disappointed if the Baryonyx is that big.
It should be smaller than Carnotaurus and Allosaurus, but it's way bigger.
I hope that picture does not show the real size, it was the same for the Giganotosaurus that is in fact bigger (unfortuntately).
I did not quite understand the answers from Nanmu on that matter on the Facebook page.

Could be the same for the male T-Rex, despite that picture, we don't know how big it is yet.
It could be smaller or bigger.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: blnadal on April 25, 2021, 06:52:01 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2021, 06:40:27 AM

It should be smaller than Carnotaurus and it's way bigger:

Scale is always crazy in the films which is the only canon you can really try to judge by. Just look at the Mosasaurus for a great example. 

In this shot the Bary looks small:

In this one the head is about as long as a tyrannosaurs, about 5' or so. 

Being we have no idea if they are the same animal, we don't know the age or really much of anything to go by, same goes for the other franchise sources sited.  It's best not to get too hung up on scale when it comes to JP/JW.

Faelrin

Wasn't Baryonyx bigger then Carnotaurus, in regards to the real animals anyways? I have no real idea if they've been using the current size estimates for the real animals, but its possible that's what has been done despite the models themselves based on the JP/JW designs? I mean the Mosasaurus isn't' absurdly huge for starters.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

blnadal

Quote from: Faelrin on April 25, 2021, 06:58:17 PM
Wasn't Baryonyx bigger then Carnotaurus, in regards to the real animals anyways? I have no real idea if they've been using the current size estimates for the real animals, but its possible that's what has been done despite the models themselves based on the JP/JW designs? I mean the Mosasaurus isn't' absurdly huge for starters.
here is production size chart:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: