News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorgesaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on June 09, 2021, 04:29:42 PM
BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Thanks for the information.
I forgot about the sales tax----a long time ago I bought the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus from Bigbadtoystore, and I think there wasn't a sales tax back then.

Here's an example :

Jurassic Series Alpha Tyrannosaurus Rex (Transparent) 1/35 Scale Figure

Qty:
Price
$59.99
Subtotal
$59.99
Subtotal:$59.99
Shipping:$4.00
Estimated Tax:$6.06
Total:$70.05

Quote from: SenSx on June 11, 2021, 07:41:29 PM
Quote from: Jorgesaurus on June 09, 2021, 05:44:16 PM

Hello, I find myself annoyed because my order for triceratops in lanatimeshon left since April 27 and has not even arrived in the United States, and I am from Guatemala, I do not know how long I will have to wait.

Two months and a half seems quite long in regular circumstances.
My shippments from China usually takes 2/3 weeks to arrive in Europe.
The exception was of course last summer in the pandemic, my T-Rex took 3 or 4 months to arrive, but things were different...
My Vastatosaurus from Lana is on its way, so I'll see how long it takes.

But unfortunately I don't know how long it usually takes for parcels to reach Guatemala, and I doubt Lanatimeshop can do anything for you, they could not help in my case with the T-Rex.

Not sure about duration to Guatemala, they did give you a tracking number right?

At the moment my Vastatosaurus and some PNSO are waiting for airline space.  That took around 5-6 days before then about a week to get here after that.

Lana does have an option where you can pay for faster shipping. You just have to contact them and request it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on June 11, 2021, 03:20:26 PM
Please, please, PLEASE put it in a rearing pose.

They might do that with a resin version where they can use pegs to insert in a base?

Quote from: dragon53 on June 11, 2021, 03:47:05 PM
I'm happy with my Papo Brachiosaurus. Maybe if Nanmu's Brachiosaurus had a really different and colorful paint scheme, I might consider it.

I'm betting we at least get the male/female colors.  Not sure what the third would be if there is one.

Carnoking

Takama

Quote from: SenSx on June 11, 2021, 01:18:19 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 11, 2021, 09:48:31 AM
Woof!!!! It's fantastic. I assume it will be hollow vinyl like their Nanmu Atosaurus. Fantastic figure.

They specified on their Facebook page that their Brachiosaurus won't be hollow.

Maybe its because of the Backlash of Complainers after the discovery that the Mosasaurus was hollow as well. (Gotta love the ones who thoght it was made of PVC Pipe)

Seriuesly this happend

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on June 12, 2021, 03:12:57 AM
Woof!!!! It's fantastic. I assume it will be hollow vinyl like their Nanmu Atosaurus. Fantastic figure.

Maybe its because of the Backlash of Complainers after the discovery that the Mosasaurus was hollow as well. (Gotta love the ones who thoght it was made of PVC Pipe)

Seriuesly this happend

Really speaks to the mentality of the average collector. heavy good, light bad.  A contradiction from every other thing we know of.

I really don't mind myself, I have several vinyl pieces. 

blnadal

Abobo

nice, nice but too "videogame flashy" for my tastes
ok the green LW it will be

GojiraGuy1954

Seriuesly this happend
Wait, the mosa is hollow??
Then why is it so expensive?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

SenSx

I like the touch of blue on this Rex and and its blue eyes.
But for me that's just a brown Rex variation...
I'm not too impessed with those two original color schemes, I find their not unique and striking enough.
I'll stick with the green LW movie accurate version then, and no headache to choose at least.

Vampire

All three are fantastic to me. I'm really considering getting all of them when they are available for preorder.

Carnoking

Woof, I'm just now noticing those subtle blue tones in that paint job and I love them. I'm disappointed we're not getting a red rex but I think this is going to be another difficult choice regardless. I'm probably going to stick with the bull color scheme but I sure am going to be haunted by these variants.

Carnoking

Also, a solid brach is going to cost a lot :o
"Are they heavy? Then they're expensive."

Over9K

Seriuesly this happend

I still laugh about that... that "Recycled Pipe" FB user never did reappear in the groups once he deleted all his posts and made his profile private.  ;D

I still have the photos that triggered everyone...

Over9K

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 12, 2021, 12:56:02 PMWait, the mosa is hollow??

Expensive? Couple places I checked it's the same money as the big Theropods, and actually less money than the Giga, despite being significantly larger than all of them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on June 12, 2021, 02:05:17 PM
Also, a solid brach is going to cost a lot :o
"Are they heavy? Then they're expensive."

The Triceratops feels like a solid lump of material, I mean you could probably knock someone out with it.  Price wasn't that bad, no more than other figures in the line really.  The reason for the hollow versions is to make them multiple pieces and shipping weight might be second. Nanmu is still a growing company and trying new things, continuing to evolve as problems arise.

Quote from: Over9K on June 12, 2021, 02:22:54 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 12, 2021, 12:56:02 PMWait, the mosa is hollow??

Expensive? Couple places I checked it's the same money as the big Theropods, and actually less money than the Giga, despite being significantly larger than all of them.

Yep not much different at all.

Quote from: Over9K on June 12, 2021, 02:15:43 PM

Seriuesly this happend

I still laugh about that... that "Recycled Pipe" FB user never did reappear in the groups once he deleted all his posts and made his profile private.  ;D

I still have the photos that triggered everyone...

I still suspect a competitor, who would buy that model just to saw it in half?

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 12, 2021, 02:47:58 PM

I still suspect a competitor, who would buy that model just to saw it in half?

I think the guy sawed it in half to mount the front half vertically in a custom base, to recreate the Mosa-Show scene from JW.

blnadal

already waiting for this squad:

]

Syndicate Bias

Most things are hollow or semi hollow. Shipping costs would be stupid high if some of these figures were solid not to mention more costly too.

Abobo

this one would have been fantastic :

a direct comparison between the 3 color schemes :

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: