News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Hazard: New for 2021

Started by Leyster, January 30, 2021, 02:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

wow.......so it probably is a scam.   That's most likely not even the tracking number for your package.

Mattyonyx

Those cheaper Irritators on AliExpress are a fraud. although they're not bootlegs, they are indeed not authorized.

Yvy figures found that the factory in China produced 100 extra copies that they did not authorized and sold it to a reseller agent, hence why the cheaper price.

They're figuring out a solution. Being their very first product, this will heavily damage their sales if buyers don't choose the authorized sellers.

Carnoking

Did they happen to indicate who all are authorized sellers, if anyone?

Abobo

RobinGoodfellow

The official Yvy store is : https://www.yvyfigures.com/?fbclid=IwAR39cIfQyh-kUy1OT-5GqNTKn1ctqzE4lGeAbwlRr0vjj4O1XefRjkkndcE

At UK EverythingDinosaurs will be an official reseller soon.

About Aliexpress, I think it's impossible to be sure who is a legit reseller.
Probably only well-known and reliable webstores have legit copies.
A too-low price could be a good sign of a bootleg..

Shonisaurus

I sincerely prefer everythingdinosaur a lifetime store in Europe to Aliexpress. Thanks for the info Robin.

Abobo

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Carnoking on June 17, 2021, 02:55:38 AM
Did they happen to indicate who all are authorized sellers, if anyone?

Currently, the only official resellers are Tienda De Dinosaurios and Dino World, with Everything Dinosaur soon to join. I asked if some of the AliExpress stores come be trusted, waiting for a reply.

Everything_Dinosaur

We currently have the Dino Hazard Irritator under test with Eurofins.  We hope to have the results back in 10-15 days.  Then we need to order up this item from the factory and ensure it also complies with (EU) 2019/1020 regulations that come into force on July 16th - our advice is to wait to purchase this item, at least until there is a safety certificate from Everything Dinosaur.  At the moment, under most distance selling rules - the person responsible for product safety is you the buyer!  Little known fact :)but that is going to change...

Must crack on 2pm BST we announce new dinosaur in collaboration with PNSO.

Everything_Dinosaur

It is not a question of a "legit" seller - we stress that under distance selling rules, the responsibility for safety rests for the most part with the buyer.  If you want to purchase from a company simply message them and ask them to provide you with safety data they hold on the product - if they are a responsible seller and concerned about you, they should be able to respond positively to your request.  In the meantime, we at Everything Dinosaur are spending a lot of money on getting the tests done.  Hopefully, this figure will pass.

Abobo

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on June 17, 2021, 01:06:15 PM
It is not a question of a "legit" seller - we stress that under distance selling rules, the responsibility for safety rests for the most part with the buyer.  If you want to purchase from a company simply message them and ask them to provide you with safety data they hold on the product - if they are a responsible seller and concerned about you, they should be able to respond positively to your request.  In the meantime, we at Everything Dinosaur are spending a lot of money on getting the tests done.  Hopefully, this figure will pass.

thank you for the explanation, it's more clear now.
I wasn't thinking at all about the safety of the product (substances used,meets standards...) but simply this bad behaviour of "extra" producing non authorized numbers of figures.
thank you:)

Ikessauro

Quote from: Mattyonyx on June 17, 2021, 01:38:00 AM
Those cheaper Irritators on AliExpress are a fraud. although they're not bootlegs, they are indeed not authorized.

Yvy figures found that the factory in China produced 100 extra copies that they did not authorized and sold it to a reseller agent, hence why the cheaper price.

They're figuring out a solution. Being their very first product, this will heavily damage their sales if buyers don't choose the authorized sellers.

That is exactly what happened. This probably will mean the end of production in China. These illegal sales will indeed cause financial damages to the brand. It is quite sad to see this happen. All Aliexpress sellers are non authorized as far as Hugo told me. So if you care for the Dino Hazard line, I would not recommend buying through AE.

Abobo

noticed!
thank you for your explanation of the situation.
sad indeed :/

Kapitaenosavrvs

This is really sad to hear. I did not know that and ordered one for me and one for a friend from the first AE seller (jurassic Zoo Store. They have been really cooperative. Maybe they did not know aswell?) at around a Price, that is almost the same as official. It will come to me tomorrow and i kind of feel a bit bad for ordering them now. This was not on purpose.

Thanks for the Info and thanks to avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur for the effort of getting internationally harder to aquire Figures in your Shop.

Fembrogon

I ordered from Jurassic Zoo Store as well; hopefully their stock is trustworthy, since they were charging more for it.  :P

Ikessauro

Quote from: Fembrogon on June 17, 2021, 11:29:21 PM
I ordered from Jurassic Zoo Store as well; hopefully their stock is trustworthy, since they were charging more for it.  :P

As far as I know, the folks at Yvy only sold some stock to the mexican store Tienda de los Dinosaurios and to DinoWorld, another asian store, If I'm not mistaken. avatar_Mattyonyx @Mattyonyx mentioned them before. I am not saying the stores selling these are at fault, they probably did not know what the factories were doing behind Yvy Figures' back.

Bokisaurus

That's a shame to hear. It's a sad but often too common of a problem that plague companies but it's especially devastating for a small one.
I do hope they can rectify the problem and survive this setback. I was planning on ordering the figure from Dan's dinosaurs, but it seems to have vanished?
I'm assuming he is an authorized seller?

Ikessauro

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 18, 2021, 04:59:13 AM
That's a shame to hear. It's a sad but often too common of a problem that plague companies but it's especially devastating for a small one.
I do hope they can rectify the problem and survive this setback. I was planning on ordering the figure from Dan's dinosaurs, but it seems to have vanished?
I'm assuming he is an authorized seller?

He is not, at least for now. Yvy figures contacted him to strike a deal and have Dan's Dinosaurs carry the line, but to their surprise he told them he already had bought a batch of figures through this chinese agent as far as I was told. Actually this was the reason Hugo found out the models had been produced without his knowledge.

Since Yvy was the only official supplier of the models, as they own the line and brand, I think they asked Dan to not sell these illegal models and he has since removed the Dino Hazard line from his website. Not sure if Dan will decide to cooperate down the line with the legitimate owner of the brand or not :-\

Shonisaurus

avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur Thank you for your explanations and hopefully you will admit the Dino Hazard irritator in your store. I trust you more than any other toy dinosaur company. I hope you have it in your store, although it costs much more sincerely, it is better to buy figures of Dino Hazard, PNSO or BoTM in your store Mike store or in other stores in Europe sincerely the quality and safety than in other stores whose products are cheaper but Likewise, their material does not have the same quality and can even endanger health.

Everything_Dinosaur

Thank you for your comments, the regulations with regards to ecommerce are being tightened and new legislation is long overdue.  We can assure all our customers that avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur remains committed to ensuring the safety of its customers and that the items that we bring into our company will be properly tested and carry the appropriate certification and labelling.  The Irritator figure is undergoing tests at the independent testing company Eurofins, one of the largest and most respected testing companies in the world.

We hope to have their report on this figure soon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: