News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/11±1 Smilodon populator

Started by blnadal, June 24, 2021, 01:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

Measuring 10 inches (25,5cm) in length

Plain Variant

Ice Age Variant

Stray Cat Variant

Shonisaurus

When the other smilodon color variants will be available except for the special edition pre-order at bigbadtoystore.

sauroid

the plain variant for me. it's just too big might not be in scale even with my biggest Smilodon figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Fenestra

Wow. Didn't realize it would be so humongous.  :o
Is there already any news if closed and open mouth variants are sold as seperate pieces, or will it be both heads in one package with body?
I'm aware that the discription in the pictures shown suggest that they will be seperate pieces. Just want to be sure.

SenSx

Quote from: Fenestra on June 24, 2021, 07:50:13 PM
Wow. Didn't realize it would be so humongous.  :o
Is there already any news if closed and open mouth variants are sold as seperate pieces, or will it be both heads in one package with body?

Yes it will be sold with both interchangeable heads.
Also here are the complete dimension: 10.43 x 5.32 x 3.15 inches (26.5cm x 13.5cm x 8cm)
I love the huge size, my collection is around 1/35 but a Smilodon in that scale would be tiny, so I'd rather have the big deluxe statue.
It's problematic if you want it to fit with your other figures of the same specie.

I'm getting the Ice Age version.
The Papo youg Smilodon will go well with it after I repaint it with the same color scheme.

Faelrin

Yeah this is uh far too big to go nicely alongside the rest of my crammed Cenozoic display (thinking about redoing my shelves once again though, but regardless my space is getting really limited so that means I need to be more picky). I mean this would be nearly as big as my Carnegie Mammoth with dimensions like those. I'll have to pass sadly.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

What I'm not excited about about Rebor's smilodon is the one that has interchangeable heads, I was thinking of buying it but after knowing that detail I prefer to reserve my money on another / other Rebor figures, for example the carnotaurus and ekrixinatosaurus are more attractive to me, I prefer the tails detachable to detachable heads regardless that maybe at Christmas I buy some of the smilodon because despite everything I like them a lot although I would have liked more that they were one-piece figures like the gorillas (King kong or giganthopitecus) of Rebor of which I am very happy with the four versions of paint.

SidB

SenSx

I'd rather have the 2 detachable heads, from the promo pics we have, it does not seem to be jarring, the seam is not too visible, hope the final figure is like that.

CityRaptor

You know, it just occurs to me that with two of this mold, one could more or less recreate this illustration Frank Frazetta made for the Pellucidar series:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Baby Sinclair

I was excited to this but I think I'll hold back to see some customer images first considering the length of this figure. I think all 3 colour schemes are fantastic, though I would have preferred black claws on 'Ice Age' but the blue eyes are striking and make up for it.

Well, I guess the 'stray cat' ('battle cat') variant being exclusive to the States saves me a third of my deliberation (of which, if any, I purchase depending on how it could fit in).

As for the interchangeable heads, I think it's a nice feature and looking at the images the figure looks almost seamless. It's very well done.
Roberta forever <3

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 26, 2021, 12:12:02 AM
You know, it just occurs to me that with two of this mold, one could more or less recreate this illustration Frank Frazetta made for the Pellucidar series:

There's another new niche for Rebor: sexy cave girls..collect the whole set!

Seriously it would be cool to make that scene and others from vintage prehistoric art.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 17, 2021, 03:38:12 AM

Seriously it would be cool to make that scene and others from vintage prehistoric art.
Please dont use that term my friend.  There could be children here

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on July 17, 2021, 05:25:26 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 17, 2021, 03:38:12 AM

Please dont use that term my friend.  There could be children here

ok.. apologies. does attractive work better?   I'm not sure the word is any worse than the art, which really isn't that bad either by todays standards... but I digress.

CityRaptor

Yeah. I mean it is rather obvious that messing with her and her pets is a really bad idea.  Frazetta also made different versions of that cover,using only one Smilodon,  including some NSFW ones. Didn't link to those for obvious reasons.

Guess the "safest" option would be to get the Stray Cat variant and pose a Teela figure next to it.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 17, 2021, 03:38:12 AMThere's another new niche for Rebor: sexy cave girls..collect the whole set!

I'd probably be interested in at least one or two, depending on the art style they went with. And REBOR have shown before they have weeb leanings so that bodes rather well for me I suppose.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 17, 2021, 06:30:13 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 17, 2021, 03:38:12 AMThere's another new niche for Rebor: sexy cave girls..collect the whole set!

I'd probably be interested in at least one or two, depending on the art style they went with. And REBOR have shown before they have weeb leanings so that bodes rather well for me I suppose.

So far, I have Frank Cho's Cave girl statue and a Savage Land Rogue I pair with my dinos.  Maybe an idea avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO ?

Abobo

Bread

Looks good, although I do not collect prehistoric mammals. Still a good figure, but I just wish Rebor would focus on their previous reveals (Sarcosuchus, Deinosuchus)....

Thialfi

Damn, that looks mightily impressive. I love it. Too large for my Cenozoic collection? Yes. But an amazing display piece. And I am a sucker for big cats. Will definitely get it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: