News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2022

Started by Takama, August 03, 2021, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austrosaurus

I'll probably get the Styracosaurus if I see it but I won't go out of my way to look for it. The others are all hard passes, especially on top of the blatant plagiarism.

Varanops

I'm afraid I'll have to plunge (pun not tended, but obviously left intact, nevertheless) for the Notho', like it or not, because I'm slavishly addicted to marine prehistorics and can't help myself; there are no Dinosaur-oholics Anonymous get-togethers near me.  Wedging a small Safari "good luck" mini squid or similar in its gaping maw might detract enough from the gaudy dentition to make it an acceptable figure for display on one of my grossly overcrowded shelves.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

The Nothosaurus and Styracosaurus are kinda nice, even if the Nothosaurus's teeth are a bit blunted. The Majungasaurus would've been nice if its legs weren't so long.  :(

Do we have measurements yet? That'll probably determine whether I get any.

japfeif

Mixed bag at best. The Styracosaurus is actually very nice...Schleich's strength seems to be in their ceratopsians for sure.

God...those feet on the Majungasaurus.....looks like Big Bird. And what exactly is that lizard-like thing with the enormous feet and the jacked up buck teeth? (I know it's supposed to be the Nothosaurus but...omg that's hideous!).

The Para is all right..nothing to write home about but not horrible. Typical Parasaurolophus.

The Amarga just looks crazy weird to me.....can't put my finger on it....maybe the odd-looking neck spines with the funky sails....?
:P

SidB

Quote from: japfeif on October 19, 2021, 07:55:01 AM
Mixed bag at best. The Styracosaurus is actually very nice...Schleich's strength seems to be in their ceratopsians for sure.

God...those feet on the Majungasaurus.....looks like Big Bird. And what exactly is that lizard-like thing with the enormous feet and the jacked up buck teeth? (I know it's supposed to be the Nothosaurus but...omg that's hideous!).

The Para is all right..nothing to write home about but not horrible. Typical Parasaurolophus.

The Amarga just looks crazy weird to me.....can't put my finger on it....maybe the odd-looking neck spines with the funky sails....?
:P
I've been very positive on the Styracosaurus from the beginning and that hasn't changed, but I'm definitely warming up to the Para. I like it's feel of substance and the stance. Okay with the coloration as well. Like you, I'm totally repulsed by the huge clown feet on the theropod, the absurd fangs on the Nothosaurus, and I'm liking the Amarga less than when I first saw it - will need to see it from a different angle.

Wandering

Wow!! I'm super excited that someone finally decided to produce a Nothosaurus! I might just have pick that one up...  It'll be nice when we get to see some in-hand photos of the rest.

TheCambrianCrusader

For schleich standards these are actually kinda nice. I might actually get the Nothosaurus, its far from perfect but its also far from terrible and there really aren't that many other options for Nothosaurus. Really glad that companies are starting to give the Triassic the love it deserves.

Shonisaurus

For me, Schleich's revelations are the best figures of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals made during the entire history of Schleich. I honestly really like the change suffered by Schleich (for the better) experienced about 10 years ago. Honestly, it is a company that can even become a company comparable to adult toy dinosaur companies such as Nanmu or PNSO over time, with the difference that its figures will be more accessible to those of us who are collectors. I have great faith in Schleich and know that they can be surpassed year after year geometrically and arithmetically in terms of quality and quantity. In fact, they are already at the level of important toy dinosaur companies but that they should continue to improve like everything in life.

The styracosaurus and nothosaurus are my two favorites.

ZoPteryx

Hmm, decent by Schleich standards, but I'm going to have to be picky and pass on all these.  Curious to see the Nothosaurus from more angles though, the limb joints seem... odd...

Thialfi

I don't know, except for the classic Schleich teeth the nothosaurus looks okay I guess? Definitely interested.

Shonisaurus

That nothosaurus is spectacular, sincerely Schleich has surpassed himself with respect to previous years in terms of quality and beauty in his figures, he even surpasses figures like his diabloceratops or psitacosaurus. I am counting the days to have this figure on my shelves.

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on January 02, 2022, 03:39:21 PM

I don't know, expect for the classic Schleich teeth the nothosaurus looks okay I guess? Definitely interested.
There's always the option of filing the teeth or using an exacto knife, followed by a file. Has worked for me in the past with their last Spinosaurus.

Libraraptor

That Nothosaurus reminds me of Bullyland doing figures of animals which have been found amongst others in Germany. I´ll probably get myself one. I hope the latest picture shows the real version, since the first picture shows a figure with somewhat crippled legs and feet.

Gwangi

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 02, 2022, 06:11:24 PM
That Nothosaurus reminds me of Bullyland doing figures of animals which have been found amongst others in Germany. I´ll probably get myself one. I hope the latest picture shows the real version, since the first picture shows a figure with somewhat crippled legs and feet.

It's the same for me.

Like many of the Bullyland toys I'm not getting the Nothosaurus because it's good, I'm getting it because I want a Nothosaurus. Bullyland toys had their charm, but few are up to the standards of the "modern collector".

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Do we know how large any of these are yet?

indohyus

Anyone know when these are being released? Know Schleich is usually quick off the bat, so curious.

TheCambrianCrusader

Definitely picking up that Nothosaurus, not a lot of options for Triassic beasties and this one isnt all that bad

Thialfi

Quote from: Gwangi on January 02, 2022, 06:49:07 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 02, 2022, 06:11:24 PM

It's the same for me.

Like many of the Bullyland toys I'm not getting the Nothosaurus because it's good, I'm getting it because I want a Nothosaurus. Bullyland toys had their charm, but few are up to the standards of the "modern collector".

Exactly this! Wholeheartedly agree. And like said: triassic animals are quite rare as it is.

Apparently it will be 1:20: 22cm x 8,8 cm x 2,3 cm and will retail for $14.99

Gwangi

Yikes! A bit larger than I would like, I don't want to devote that much cabinet space to this thing. Still getting it though.

Libraraptor

If they release the version on the last picture, I will still be getting one. It is so ugly only its mother and Schleich love it, but at least it is a Nothosaur.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: