News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2022

Started by Takama, August 03, 2021, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Now I see, they are not two versions. They are pictures from different sides of the same animal. It seems to be changing direction under water. I was stupid.

Halichoeres

I'm also planning to buy the Nothosaurus, but I'm going to wait just in case Safari has one up their sleeve.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

By the way, the majungasaurus and parasaurolophos are more expensive than the rest, that perhaps means that the majungasaurus and the parasaurolophos are bigger even bigger than the styracosaurus, the one that interests me with its defects is the majungasaurus because of its rarity in the world of toy despite its imperfections, although also one cannot be very confident that for Schleich's prices one figure is larger than the other.

Nobody knows if there are promotional photos of the figures?

I would like to see the nothosaurus is the star figure by far along with the styracosaurus following him in genius from my point of view.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shonisaurus

Gwangi

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 08, 2022, 06:44:37 PM
Video is not displayed.

It's not, but if you click it it'll take you to Youtube and you can watch it there.

They all look as expected. The Styracosaurus is the best of the lot, but not terribly exciting. The Nothosaurus is ridiculous but I find it somewhat endearing.

Flaffy

That Nothosaurus is horrendous.

SidB

I don't care fpr excessively blunted teeth, finding these to be unnecessary, even for a child's toy. But there's excessive and then absurd,  and that's the Nothosaurus. Not for me, thanks! However, I really like the Styracosaurus. I have or have had plenty of them: Papo, Favorite (2), Carnegie, Safari (2) and hopefully, soon - PNSO. The Schleich seems to be a very decent addition to the herd and I'll look forward to acquiring one as soon as it becomes available on this side of the pond. I don't need the other two dinosaurs and will pass on them.

stargatedalek

That scorpion is not bad, but none of the rest is very noteworthy. Shame, the Safari toob Nothosaur is so small but remains definitely worth hunting down!

Thialfi

God yes, that notho really is too much. Pity, it was such a bold choice of species.

bmathison1972

the scorpion does look nice; a little better than I was expecting from promo pics

Grimbeard

- Styracosaurus looks decent, but nothing I feel any urge to get. Another proof that ceratopsian are one clade of dinosaurs Schleich is somewhat competent at.

- I really dont like the sculpt of Amargasaurus, paint scheme looks ok, but nothing to write home about.

- Parasaurolophus looks actually better in hands than on the promo pictures. I actually like the stripe pattern on the flanks as well as the green on the crest, but as the reviewer said, why is the red skin covering the underside of the crest, looks weird. Since I already have the PNSO one (which is miles above this one), not interested.

- Nothosaurs.......poor little guy. The promo pictures didnt looked that bad, but now..... I'm not a fan of blunted teeth (even if I understand the child safety aspect), but giving a piscivore predator which had needle-like teeth these.....shovels is atrociously bad. But the worst thing is the pose, what in the name of everything holy did Schleich/the sculpter thought about this ridiculous swimming post? Its shamefull, since the rest of the sculpt and the paintjobt/texturing looks somewhat decent. Hard pass.

Szajmin

Nothosaurus worst than I expected but i will still buy.

Styracosaurus its decent, but i dont like colours :/

DragonRider02

That poor Nothosaurus doesn't looks like its swimming, it looks like a Roadkill  :P

PrimevalRaptor

Still not feeling the Amargasaurus, Parasaurolophus is pretty neat, doesn't surpass the Safari or PNSO versions imo but the pattern looks really nice, more of that please.
The Styracosaurus seems like the big winner, I wish they'd have done some better pattern or colors but the sculpt itself is really nice, even better than their Diabloceratops imo

And oh boy, the Nothosaurus. I was looking forward the most to this one and heck, I could have exucsed those awful blunt teeth given that I've also gotten a ton of Bullyland figures back in their heyday. The sculpt feels similar to their Plesiosaurus in terms of texture, at least it works somewhat better here but that pose...who thought that looks good? I may still grab this one up if I find it in person for a decent price cause it IS finally a large sized Nothosaurus but I'll hope for CollectA or Safari to make their own.
Schleich really feels like a monkey's paw sometimes, the difference in quality between their releases is wild.

Skorpio V.

Ooh, Styracosaurus and Parasaurolophus are definitely both dinosaurs whose depictions from the main big companies are consistently good (Schleich, Battat, CollectA, Safari, Papo, Mattel, and Favorite co. for both).

Wish I could say the same for Amargasaurus ;D

The Styracosaurus had an unfortunate perspective in the promo image, I thought it would be a similar deal to the PNSO Sauropelta; hump-backed, but it seems a LOT BETTER in-hand. I think it's the tail. Very glad the orange paint has been subdued to a brown in the factory paint! It has the right fingers, a stellar headsculpt, nice detailing, wide ceratopsian hips... This is a definite score for Schleich! Such a shame it has to compete with the likes of the other companies listed above, though.

Still excited to see the Dinosaur King-y Majungasaurus!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Flaffy

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on January 12, 2022, 05:18:18 PM
https://youtu.be/yVJvKEtk5Zw

I honestly wonder who is responsible for these odd, lumpy and misshapen sculpts for the prehistoric line.
Being inaccurate is one thing (e.g. JP/JW Parasaurolophus aren't the most accurate, but still look like functional organisms), but completely distorting basic anatomy is another more egregious error. The Schleich mosasaurus comes to mind in terms of misshapen-ness.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Flaffy on January 12, 2022, 06:27:21 PM
Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on January 12, 2022, 05:18:18 PM
https://youtu.be/yVJvKEtk5Zw

I honestly wonder who is responsible for these odd, lumpy and misshapen sculpts for the prehistoric line.
Being inaccurate is one thing (e.g. JP/JW Parasaurolophus aren't the most accurate, but still look like functional organisms), but completely distorting basic anatomy is another more egregious error. The Schleich mosasaurus comes to mind in terms of misshapen-ness.
Maybe they based it on that para with the bite mark taken out of it like PNSO did
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

From my point of view the painting is somewhat neglected, I like the latest figure of parasaurolophus from the Humbold Museum more when it comes to painting, but in general it is a very interesting figure and its sculpture makes it superior to all the parasaurolophus made by the Schleich company to date. It is the only Schleich parasaurolophus that exists in motion which is an achievement for the Schleich brand. It is honestly seen within what fits well.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: