News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I've added three exciting new tidbits of information to the OP.  ;)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Make that four tidbits! More to come!

Eocarcharia

I am now even MORE excited for Acrocanthosaurus now that it could possibly look like this:

Spoiler
[close]

Or even this:
Spoiler

PLEASE
[close]

BlueKrono

avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia Why do you think it would look like one of those two?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Carnoking

A Carnotaurus that isn't done in warm tones? This feels wrong somehow!

Eocarcharia

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 06, 2022, 12:01:32 AM
avatar_Eocarcharia @Eocarcharia Why do you think it would look like one of those two?

This was posted today: the color inspirations for the upcoming BotM/Cyberzoic dinos. Someone in the Facebook comments guessed that the orange-and-green marine iguana in the second row was for Acrocanthosaurus, which David confirmed. This + a few other confirmations is what suspsy added to the OP. (Sorry avatar_suspsy @suspsy if I spoiled the fun.)

suspsy

No, I intended for someone to quickly deduce which information I was adding to the OP. But those two Acrocanthosaurus models don't look like a Christmas iguana.

Eocarcharia

The first one kinda has the same general color scheme (orange, dark bownish, and teal-green), I think, anyway. The second is definitely only related by the possible presence of orange, but just that fact is enough to make me happy.

Sim

Interesting indeed!  So I guess the Dilophosaurus will be feathered since its colouration will be based on a feathered species.  I hope the Dilophosaurus and Cryolophosaurus will be fully feathered like the BotM Yutyrannus and not half feathered like the BotM Dryptosaurus.

Also, I counted 14 species in the Cyberzoic dinosaurs list while there are 16 species in the colour inspiration image.  There's a total of 20 Cyberzoic species including repaints.  Something doesn't add up.  Is there two more Cyberzoic species planned perhaps?

Faelrin

I think David confirmed that the Ceratosaurus was blue in the comments in the instagram post so safe to say whatever that blue snake is probably what the Ceratosaurus will be based on.

The Acrocanthosaurus based on that marine iguana is going to look awesome. I can see why he went with it. It's definitely a fresh look to it. Many of the existing figures have orange, tan, etc on them.

Edit: Almost forgot I'm very glad the Utahraptor is based on the harpy eagle. I wanted to see it based on that or the Philippine Eagle.

I'm also glad to see the Cryolophosaurus will be based on the Peregrine Falcon. One of my favorite birds growing up and still is. I am curious about the crest though. I do expect some flair on it.

And Carnotaurus based on the Argentine Tegu is going to be interesting. Like avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking I'm also surprised this one will not have warm tones like so many other Carnotaurus figures before it. However that is a paleo-meme and I suppose this is also a breath of fresh air for it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I suspect that the shingleback skink at the top left will either go to Edmontonia or Sauropelta, and the other iguanas will be for the Kentrosaurus and Miragaia.

Sim

The skink in the top left looks like it would be too dull for a nodosaurid, I was thinking for Sauropelta and Edmontonia it could be the chameleon in the second row and the lizard in the bottom left respectively.

I too was thinking the iguanas are for the stegosaurs, but you missed out Stegosaurus.  I hope Stegosaurus uses the black iguana colour inspiration, Kentrosaurus the blue and Miragaia the green.

I get the feeling the striped snake is for Allosaurus and the California condor in the third row is for Achillobator.  While the blue snake could be for Ceratosaurus, as Faelrin suggested.  That just leaves the first two species of the first row and the third species of the fourth row.  But there's only one dinosaur left: Pachycephalosaurus!  My guess is the shingleback skink is for Pachycephalosaurus.  I have no idea who the other two are for.

Eocarcharia

Blue Ceratosaurus you say?...

Okay I'll stop. For now.

Regarding the identity of the 2 extra color schemes, I think they're for the same dinos (specifically the raptors), just their BotM releases instead of Cyberzoic. Someone commented on the Facebook post guessing that one of the 2 vultures would be Achillobator, and David responded with "Or both."

Makes sense for the Dilophosaurus to be feathered, as it was already confirmed that the Cryolophosaurus would be, and they'll probably share parts.

Oh, and it's Friday, so...

Quote from: Creative Beast Studio
It's time for another round of Cyberzoic Friday! I have something very special today- a first look at the Tech Clan Tyrannosaurus rex! Easily the most ambitious armor unit we have planned so far, this not only features converting armor, but also has two detachable side gun pods, and three rider figures! Speaking of which, we also get our first look at the story's main antagonist- Xennix 'The Grand Designer'- he who is destined to conquer nature. But we'll learn more about him a bit later.

This design is still in-progress, but I hope you'll enjoy this early preview of what's to come, nonetheless. And yes, the armor will be sold separately from the T. rex figure so it'll be also compatible with all Beasts of the Mesozoic 1/18th scale versions. And big thanks once again to the very talented Ross Persichetti for the great concept art!

Additional info confirmed from the comments:
- T. rex color scheme is undecided
- Acrocanthosaurus will be the Fire Clan counterpart to Tyrannosaurus

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Eocarcharia on May 07, 2022, 12:41:21 AM
Blue Ceratosaurus you say?...

Okay I'll stop. For now.

Regarding the identity of the 2 extra color schemes, I think they're for the same dinos (specifically the raptors), just their BotM releases instead of Cyberzoic. Someone commented on the Facebook post guessing that one of the 2 vultures would be Achillobator, and David responded with "Or both."

Makes sense for the Dilophosaurus to be feathered, as it was already confirmed that the Cryolophosaurus would be, and they'll probably share parts.

Oh, and it's Friday, so...

Quote from: Creative Beast Studio
It's time for another round of Cyberzoic Friday! I have something very special today- a first look at the Tech Clan Tyrannosaurus rex! Easily the most ambitious armor unit we have planned so far, this not only features converting armor, but also has two detachable side gun pods, and three rider figures! Speaking of which, we also get our first look at the story's main antagonist- Xennix 'The Grand Designer'- he who is destined to conquer nature. But we'll learn more about him a bit later.

This design is still in-progress, but I hope you'll enjoy this early preview of what's to come, nonetheless. And yes, the armor will be sold separately from the T. rex figure so it'll be also compatible with all Beasts of the Mesozoic 1/18th scale versions. And big thanks once again to the very talented Ross Persichetti for the great concept art!

Additional info confirmed from the comments:
- T. rex color scheme is undecided
- Acrocanthosaurus will be the Fire Clan counterpart to Tyrannosaurus
rip the fire clan lol
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

Quote from: Eocarcharia on May 07, 2022, 12:41:21 AM

Interesting to hear that the two extra colour schemes could be for already confirmed species.  The only problem with them being for the two dromaeosaurids is that there's only one feathered animal left.  I doubt the other dromaeosaurid would use a scaly animal's colouration.

Darko2300

While I love watching the progress of this line, I already feel completely priced out. At 1:18 scale, that T-Rex is going to be, what - $300? If you want to pair it off with the Acro, that's $600? Not to mention the size? And all the other dinosaurs? This almost seems like too big of a project for one person - maybe he can partner with an existing action figure company? Looking at Kickstarter, I feel like you'd need multiple separate ones spread out over 4-6 years to pull this off. And... wow. I'd really love to know more about how David's trying to tackle this.

Faelrin

avatar_Darko2300 @Darko2300 The BotM Tyrannosaurus is a bit over $200. With the armor it probably would be your estimate or more. I agree it won't be cheap but at least David is willing to offer them separately. He definitely has the interest and support for the dinosaurs but I hope he'll have enough interest in the rest, because I do think this is rather ambitious, especially with transforming armor added into the mix. But granted David also has caught the interest of action figure collectors and not just us dinosaur collectors so it broadens the appeal more.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

It feels like the Neo DinoRiders line everyone had been asking for.

suspsy

I think I like Helmet #3 the best, although I'd like the blade to be a bit longer. Between T. rex, Stegosaurus, Yutyrannus, and Utahraptor, the Tech Clan is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Darko2300

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: