News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

To be fair, the Fire Clan is also pretty formidable thus far. My guess is the Triceratops will be part of a third clan. Can't have more than one heavyweight per team!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Eocarcharia

Yeah, don't sleep on my boy Acro. On the Triceratops, though, if the concept art released earlier is any indication of the final product, then Triceratops (and Ceratosaurus) will be part of the Tech Clan as well.

Darko2300

I feel like any of these that I pick up will be entirely for the Dinosaurs themselves, despite being a huge Dino-Riders fan as a kid. There's no way I could ever afford to collect this entire line - not to mention the amount of space all these figures would take up. I do hope that David finds a way to utilize the armor without needing to resort to peg holes and slots in the dinosaurs themselves like Tyco did, though. I may still  have a tiny bit of trauma from the slots in the sides of my Monoclonius... 😄

suspsy

David Silva recently confirmed that there will be five clans in total: Tech, Fire, Water, Desert, and Dragon. The Dragon Clan will include dragons (obviously), a few dinosaurs, and MAMMALS. :o

Darko2300

Holy cow. How is anyone going to be able to collect all that? 😮

Dusty Wren

Quote from: suspsy on May 13, 2022, 01:01:01 AM
The Dragon Clan will include dragons (obviously), a few dinosaurs, and MAMMALS. :o

!!!!

Well, consider me on Team Dragon Clan, then. I'm guessing a Smilodon and probably a mammoth or mastodon, but maybe something less common will show up? I am ready and willing to support David making mammal toys.
Check out my customs thread!

suspsy

I already told David that if he makes Arctotherium or Gigantopithecus or both, I will absolutely buy them. But Smilodon and the woolly mammoths are probably more likely. Megatherium too, perhaps.

Faelrin

Oh boy. That's very interesting and opens up a lot of possibilities I didn't know I wanted. I hope as far as prehistoric mammals go then I hope the (and sadly neglected) dire wolf shows up. A Paraceratherium would also be very impressive to see, but super costly too I'm sure. I also want Thylacoleo too because aside from the now retired Southlands Replica one there are no other options out there now. But yeah I mean I'm all for it, because really the possibilities are like endless.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Psittacoraptor

Mammals!? Now we're talking :D However, we need Phorusrhacids/terror birds, as well! They're such an obvious addition, they could be designed similarly to the chocobos from the Final Fantasy video games:

suspsy

A Titanis or a Kelenken would be neat as a reconnaissance mount. A 1/18 scale Paraceratherium would make an awesome weapons platform due to its height, but would cost waaaaaaaaaay more than the T. rex.  :-\

Concavenator

How big will the BotM / Cyberzoic Allosaurus be? Around the size of the BotM Daspletosaurus and Albertosaurus I guess? If so, I imagine it would have a similar, if not the same price (for the BotM I'm saying, not the Cyberzoic one with the armor thing)

stargatedalek

I'd buy a whole pack of terror birds. Need something for my Bring Arts chocobo to fight ;)

suspsy

Allosaurus was around the same size as Albertosaurus, so it will probably cost around the same.

Faelrin

To be honest I was thinking about mentioning terror birds when I made my post too, but since it only mentioned mammals, I figured I'd hold off. And because I have fondness for them both, Argentavis (or another more complete teratorn) and the Haast's Eagle would be interesting to see as well.

Edit: Well I should also mention new concept art of the Fire Clan is added from Raph Lomotan. Loving this lore and stuff so far.
QuoteToday for Cyberzoic Friday, we have a spectacular first look at the world of the Fire Clan, with concept art by Raph Lomotan!'Long ago, the Fire Clan was forged by defectors of the Technologists. Those with differing philosophies were considered a threat and forced to live in the inhospitable Dark Region, intended as a death sentence to all who questioned the rule of the Tech Church. An ever-changing landscape of volcanic activity, the dark lands massive ash clouds often hide the sun from its inhabitants. Here, light originates from the ground, not from the sky, with fire and rivers of lava reflecting upward, setting the sky ablaze. With little rain and minimal plant life, only the strongest can survive here. Aided by the native dragons of this land, the Fire Clan humans now seek to take back that which once belonged to their ancestors, and live in the sun once again.'

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

I'm very curious about which dinosaurs will end up in the Water Clan, as none of the ones listed really seem like amphibious types. Presumably the name simply refers to the region where the clan resides. They must have their city built on top of a lake or along a coastline.

I do suspect that Triceratops will be a member. Doesn't strike me as the desert type.

Pliosaurking

Quote from: suspsy on May 13, 2022, 10:10:01 PM
I'm very curious about which dinosaurs will end up in the Water Clan, as none of the ones listed really seem like amphibious types. Presumably the name simply refers to the region where the clan resides. They must have their city built on top of a lake or along a coastline.

I do suspect that Triceratops will be a member. Doesn't strike me as the desert type.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Im almost sure I remember David saying the water clan dinosaurs and others will come after the initial list

Carnoking

This has comic book, graphic novel, book series, and movie potential written all over it!

Darko2300

Quote from: Carnoking on May 13, 2022, 11:07:28 PM
This has comic book, graphic novel, book series, and movie potential written all over it!

David says he's planning a comic series to help 'tell the story'. 👍

suspsy

Quote from: Pliosaurking on May 13, 2022, 10:18:53 PM
Quote from: suspsy on May 13, 2022, 10:10:01 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but Im almost sure I remember David saying the water clan dinosaurs and others will come after the initial list

Is that what he said? I'll have to look into that.

Pliosaurking

Again don't hold me to this but I'm pretty sure he said something along the lines of that

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: