News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

The Utahraptor. It's terrifying and gorgeous. I never thought I'd care for this genus again, but this year's Utahraptor offerings are the cherries on top.

Carnoking

It's all around very well painted but the work on that head is breathtaking

Blade-of-the-Moon

It looks fantastic. I hope the factory can match it.

Stegotyranno420

pfft, i bet he just time-traveled to the past and took a picture...

Bread

I feel like this series is just going to outdo the previous as usual. Well done David!

shahinos

This looks much, much better than any of the BotM or previous Cyberzoics. The joints are less visible and it looks more realistic.

Lynx

This is incredible. Besides the jaw, which I'll get to later, any articulation is practically invisible unless you look for it. The new style for the eyes and detail in general, compared to the raptor series, is incredible. While I prefer the black and white version, this is plain incredible.

My only complaint is the jaw, which feels pretty out of place compared to how hidden the rest of the detail is, but when that's my only complaint, it's a good figure. Unsure if this is based on another specimen, but it seems to lack the dip at the tip of the bottom jaw. Haven't been keeping up with Utahraptor or its specimens though so I am unsure if that's accurate across the whole species.
An oversized house cat.

Sim

The dip in the lower jaw is hidden by lips.  And the joint on the lower jaw doesn't look more visible than other joints.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this Utahraptor!  It's the BotM version in case anyone didn't know.

Fembrogon

I'm biased in favor of the Cyberzoic color variant, but wow, this version looks... insanely good. Jaw-droppingly good.

I am hardly wait to see the paint tests for the Dilos!!

Lynx

Quote from: Sim on April 12, 2023, 04:46:40 PMThe dip in the lower jaw is hidden by lips.  And the joint on the lower jaw doesn't look more visible than other joints.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this Utahraptor!  It's the BotM version in case anyone didn't know.

I think the triangle shaped gap is pretty noticeable
An oversized house cat.

Sim

Quote from: Lynx on April 12, 2023, 07:06:32 PMI think the triangle shaped gap is pretty noticeable

Oh, yes, you're right.  Hopefully it won't be as noticeable on the final figure.

Eocarcharia

Paintjob is so good I thought it was a photoreal drawing for a second.

andrewsaurus rex

with my eyesight, the little triangle won't be problem cos I won't be able to see it.  Not sure if it can be fixed or not though, because it may be preventing the rear of the jaw from fouling when the mouth opens.  A bit of darker paint detailing in that area would hide it well, though.

Hands down this is the best BOTM paint job to date.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on April 12, 2023, 07:16:16 PM
Quote from: Lynx on April 12, 2023, 07:06:32 PMI think the triangle shaped gap is pretty noticeable

Oh, yes, you're right.  Hopefully it won't be as noticeable on the final figure.
I assume the arms are specifically articulated like the previous Raptors where the feathers or "wing" can line up to where there are no gaps. My current 1/18th Dromaeosaurus has the gaps if they're not lined up properly.

These are articulated figures, all previous models had said gaps. I think David has come along way from the first line.

Sim

avatar_Bread @Bread, avatar_Lynx @Lynx and I were referring to the gap between the back of the head and back of the upper jaw.  I don't recall that on any of the previous BotM dromaeosaurids.  However it doesn't really bother me.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on April 13, 2023, 09:59:47 PMavatar_Bread @Bread, avatar_Lynx @Lynx and I were referring to the gap between the back of the head and back of the upper jaw.  I don't recall that on any of the previous BotM dromaeosaurids.  However it doesn't really bother me.
It's funny cause I noticed there being a tiny triangle gap within the back arm's "wings" lol.

I see now, my apologies.

Eocarcharia

Today's update:
Quote from: Creative Beast StudioToday we have new Cyberzoic action figure designs for the armored Yutyrannus and the 'Rogue Knight' Tech Pilot Qi'Lara!

Concept art by Ross Persichetti

Spoiler

[close]

Sim

So that image of the painted BotM Utahraptor got over 1000 likes on Facebook.  PNSO, CollectA, people want dromaeosaurids, get making them!  The success of the BotM raptor series also shows the popularity of dromaeosaurids.  I'm happy that Safari knows their popularity and has been making some of the best dromaeosaurid figures.

Prehistory Resurrection

The new paint scheme for the Utahraptor is stunningly realistic. Really like this paint scheme; looks like a modern bird of prey. Think the 2023 Safari ltd Utahraptor has a competitor now. Is the paint scheme inspired by this image?;

Ikessauro

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on April 17, 2023, 04:51:35 AMThink the 2023 Safari ltd Utahraptor has a competitor now.

You are being so generous with Safari's Utah.  ;D  ;D This Cyberzoic is way above its league. So much so it is not even a competition.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: