News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva’s Cyberzoic Series

Started by suspsy, September 24, 2021, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2023, 04:41:53 AMYes, David did confirm that there will be Cyberzoic and BotM versions.

I think the only set of armour I'll buy will be the T. rex's.

Did he say if they would be the same color? I seem to recall each would be different? That would be the only issue I guess if the one you want includes armor.

suspsy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2023, 05:16:27 AM
Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2023, 04:41:53 AMYes, David did confirm that there will be Cyberzoic and BotM versions.

Did he say if they would be the same color? I seem to recall each would be different? That would be the only issue I guess if the one you want includes armor.

All the other crossover creatures are getting different schemes, so it is logical to assume that the Deinonychus will as well.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2023, 12:12:08 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2023, 05:16:27 AM

All the other crossover creatures are getting different schemes, so it is logical to assume that the Deinonychus will as well.

Thanks. I swear I read so much posted from so many places I just can't recall exactly.

suspsy

Added Smilodon images to the OP. Gotta say again, it is truly wonderful to know that there's finally going to be a Smilodon toy with the proper proportions. :D

Pliosaurking

The smilodon looks really nice, I'm interested to see how its Paint scheme turns out. I may get it.
I'm not too interested in Cenozoic creatures as a whole, there are a few species I'd like to see, particularly Doedicerus.
Some large Prehistoric whales such as lvyithan and basilosaurus, would be nice, although not really realistic at 1:18 scale.
I'm quite intrigued to see how this line turns out over the next while.

suspsy

Doedicurus could work, but I reckon those whales are just too big.  :(

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on January 17, 2023, 03:30:35 PMDoedicurus could work, but I reckon those whales are just too big.  :(

Holding out for an Odobenocetops ;)

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on January 17, 2023, 03:30:35 PMI reckon those whales are just too big.  :(

Yeah, those cetaceans would be way too big. Not this one, though...  8)

Pliosaurking

An ambuloceteus would be fantastic!
I would certainly not pass on that!

Concavenator

avatar_Pliosaurking @Pliosaurking same here, one of the very few Cenozoic creatures I would be interested in.

And good to know the Smilodon will be at 1/18 scale, won't be too big then. I'll probably be getting it.

suspsy

If I had to choose a prehistoric whale for Cyberzoic, I'd go with Dorudon. It's scary-looking and big enough for an adult human to ride on its back, yet still small enough to not cost an insane amount of money.

A 1/18 Smilodon will probably end up being around the size of say, the Wild Safari mastodon, which is good. A 1/18 Arctotherium (fingers crossed!) would be more like the size of the CollectA Elasmotherium. And a 1/18 woolly mammoth will be about the same size as the BotM Triceratops.

suspsy

Added images of the Lizard Dragon to the OP. Cool design. Be interesting to see how those wings turn out engineering-wise.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 21, 2023, 02:40:58 AMAdded images of the Lizard Dragon to the OP. Cool design. Be interesting to see how those wings turn out engineering-wise.

It's sorta neat, feels a bit alien to me, sort of like the Banshees in Avatar? I like the Arctic Dragon he did much more though it feels a bit like a retread of the Mcfarlane one.

suspsy

I'm honestly not seeing much of a resemblance to a Ikran or a Toruk. Perhaps if the LD had only four limbs instead of six.

Presumably, David is aiming to create dragons unlike what we usually see from Safari, Schleich, and other toy companies. Which is smart.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 21, 2023, 03:31:59 AMI'm honestly not seeing much of a resemblance to a Ikran or a Toruk. Perhaps if the LD had only four limbs instead of six.

Presumably, David is aiming to create dragons unlike what we usually see from Safari, Schleich, and other toy companies. Which is smart.

Sorry didn't mean that literally, just another "alien dragon" general way.

Which is totally fine. Those are more toys and I would prefer nicer poesable ones too.  I enjoyed How to Train Your Dragon movies but just never cared to buy any of the toys or collectibles.  My concept of a dragon has been a very classic sort of look. I enjoyed the Pern novels but never much cared for the dragons with multifaceted eyes. I even skipped several of the Mcfarlane dragons because they were just too "out there". I support what he's doing but I think the odd one that plays to the classics a bit would also be welcome and find collectors who approve.   

Faelrin

This dragon is based off the sculpt he used in his Raptors vs Dragon kit from quite a while back, in case anyone was wondering.

https://creative-beast.com/112th-dragon-vs-raptors/

Honestly the wings kind of remind me of Longisquama a bit.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on January 21, 2023, 03:49:03 AMThis dragon is based off the sculpt he used in his Raptors vs Dragon kit from quite a while back, in case anyone was wondering.

https://creative-beast.com/112th-dragon-vs-raptors/

Honestly the wings kind of remind me of Longisquama a bit.

I recall it. I think it was a more draconic in appearance than this new one though.

suspsy

I've added the date for the launch of the Kickstarter to the OP. It's on my birthday! :)

Dusty Wren

avatar_suspsy @suspsy, you'll be able to get yourself something nice for your birthday this year, then ;D

Glad it's still a ways off, as I'd like to see some more prototypes before the Kickstarter kicks off. Really curious to see what makes the roster. David calls it "the first Cyberzoic Kickstarter" in the post, so he's expecting to do more. 
Check out my customs thread!

suspsy

Well, he's barely revealed any Desert Clan beasts and no Water Clan ones whatsoever just yet, so presumably those will make up the second Kickstarter.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: