News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Diplodocus carnegii expected in January/February 2022.

1:40 scale (~62 cm x 11 cm).

Colour scheme by paleoartist Andrey Atuchin.

This is the first time a figure has been created based on a 3-D musculoskeletal reconstruction published in a scientific study (https://doi.org/10.1002/ar.24574).

Konobelodon atticus expected February 2022.

Tyrannosaurus rex/imperator

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

This figure will be terrific way to launch the new year for the DTB/DTF collectors. Good news!

suspsy

I'm curious to see what its price tag will be, although I'm guessing it'll be less painful than some of the PNSO toys'.

Also, I wonder if there are plans for a variant colour scheme just like with the Triceratops.

thedeadlymoose

I truly didn't expect this to look so beautiful.

Roselaar

Over9K

I just added the first sauropod to my collection, the Safari Apatosaurus, and I get home and all of a sudden I know what the second one will be! That is one beautiful figure!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That is a beautiful figure, as I was expecting it to be. Part of me hoped it would look really ugly so I can stick with my Carnegie 2008 Diplodocus, though I knew this was going to be a masterpiece. If Diplodocus were a smaller animal, I'd keep both, and I promised myself before I'd never get rid of the Carnegie unless I managed to somehow magically acquire the Battat. But this Diplodocus is way too good to pass up, and it's a similar size too.
And I think the people on Facebook who are annoyed it's 1:40 scale are probably the same people who think that 1:25 is 1:35. Their loss I suppose.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 13, 2021, 09:35:50 PM
That is a beautiful figure, as I was expecting it to be. Part of me hoped it would look really ugly so I can stick with my Carnegie 2008 Diplodocus, though I knew this was going to be a masterpiece. If Diplodocus were a smaller animal, I'd keep both, and I promised myself before I'd never get rid of the Carnegie unless I managed to somehow magically acquire the Battat. But this Diplodocus is way too good to pass up, and it's a similar size too.
And I think the people on Facebook who are annoyed it's 1:40 scale are probably the same people who think that 1:25 is 1:35. Their loss I suppose.
You can still have both i think
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

MLMjp

Wow, color me impressed. This Diplodocus is almost a masterpiece.

PhilSauria

Yes!

Put me down for one for sure.

Flaffy

Quote from: MLMjp on October 13, 2021, 10:04:21 PM
Wow, color me impressed. This Diplodocus is almost a masterpiece.

Now I'm curious about what's missing to push it into "masterpiece" territory :o

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on October 13, 2021, 08:38:05 PM
I'm curious to see what its price tag will be, although I'm guessing it'll be less painful than some of the PNSO toys'.

Also, I wonder if there are plans for a variant colour scheme just like with the Triceratops.

Eofauna confirmed on FB comments that this is the only colour scheme planned

Carnoking

Well, so long Battat Diplodocus!

Just kidding, there's room for two, get in here, Eofauna!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Thanks for the Pictures, i love it. Now i absolutely have a reason to repaint the Safari Diplodocus, hehe.

62cm sounds alot, but it will go absolutely fine with the Safari one. Safaris blue one is also around 60cm long (staight tail) and around 11cm tall. Love.ly.

Thialfi

I just went over other diplodocus models real quick - Battat, Carnegie, Safari Ltd. - and while they all deserve praise in their own right, this EoFauna model truly is something else.

I can't wait. What a great start of 2022 this promises to be!

Fembrogon

The two-tone color scheme is a very interesting look. The figure looks great so far; I look forward to seeing more of the finer details.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on October 13, 2021, 10:02:02 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 13, 2021, 09:35:50 PM
You can still have both i think
Not unless I had a TARDIS
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Quote from: Flaffy on October 13, 2021, 10:18:09 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 13, 2021, 08:38:05 PM

Eofauna confirmed on FB comments that this is the only colour scheme planned

Well, that makes it easier. Although as damned gorgeous as this Diplodocus is, I reckon it's a hard pass. I just don't have the display space for two double beams and I'm loathe to put my Carnegie one in storage for sentimental reasons. But I hope the Eofauna sells really well.

So do you all think we'll get a second figure later on next year, or will this be it?

stargatedalek

Love the colourscheme, and even the way the spines change size along the length, it helps break up the silhouette a little and I think that's a nice visual effect. But I still hate that pose.

1:35 and 1:40 are not very different, and fall within realistic variation for an animals size anyway. But that's still too far out of my preferred scale ranges 1:12 (which to be honest I don't think I'd actually want a coffee table Diplodocus in...) and 1:64 (typical gaming miniature scale).

Faelrin

Okay um, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure if this is going to fit on the bookshelf I got earlier in the year, lol. Might be too long. I'll have to check again tomorrow. I really do want this after all.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: