News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Bread on November 08, 2021, 03:34:51 AM
Quote from: SidB on November 08, 2021, 02:33:17 AM
That's going to be one long box!
Yeah, makes me concerned for shipping prices ordering through Minizoo. I was hoping I could order this through them so I could also grab some of the new 2022 CollectA's

Oh well! Dan's it is then!
Me too!

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

It is a complete whim that konobelodon, it is a marvel. That figure will further increase the diversity of prehistoric elephants.

Duna

It just looks like a real picture of a living animal ...  :o

suspsy

Dan's Dinosaurs has a special offer for Eofauna preorders until the 12th. Check the OP.

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on November 08, 2021, 03:35:31 PM
Dan's Dinosaurs has a special offer for Eofauna preorders until the 12th. Check the OP.
Thanks! I just pre-ordered one.

croco_105

Going off the card, compared to the humans, I've resized the model to see how it looks next to the deinotherium. 
Measured it out in photoshop so the size should be fairly accurate.  Dan's Dinosaurs list it as 9 L x 4 H in (23 L x 11 H cm).
Its bigger than I thought it would be.

Bread

Thank you avatar_croco_105 @croco_105 and well done!
I figured it would be somewhat smaller than the Deinotherium, plus the price was a $10 difference.

Lanthanotus

I would have liked that one more with a closed mouth....think it would have pointed out more the very weird combination of tusk shapes and trunk.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Here's another angle on the Konobelodon that gives a good sense of the exact shape of the bottom tusks and jaw.

suspsy

Added a group shot to the OP.

Lanthanotus

Thanks for the group shot, really nice,... though the image somewhat emphasizes what I said before.... would so love to see an Eofauna proboscidian with a less agitated, I dare say calm, pose.

Arctinus

There are still plenty of species to choose from, so maybe we'll get a more calm/neutral one. Personally, I would like to see one grazing (though, I guess that would work more with species with long trunks). :D

PhilSauria

Great group shot!

While I'd like to see more Dinosaurs from Eofauna I'm also quite fond of Elephants, both ancient and extant, so I'll be adding this one to the herd.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 10, 2021, 04:49:28 PM
Thanks for the group shot, really nice,... though the image somewhat emphasizes what I said before.... would so love to see an Eofauna proboscidian with a less agitated, I dare say calm, pose.
Palaeoloxodon?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

The Deinotherium could easily be interpreted as grazing on branches while walking and the Palaeoloxodon could simply be swinging its trunk to one side, but they could just as easily be engaging in display behaviour. And the steppe mammoth is totally either showing off.

Modern elephants tend to fold back their ears and curl up their trunks when they are charging full blown to attack something, which is something I have yet to see in any proboscidean toy. I'd like that.

Dromaenychus

if you are un the United States, Big Bad Toy store has Eofauna figures and their standard shipping is $4
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=eofauna

Psittacoraptor

I hadn't heard of Konobelodon before. The figure looks wonderful, very lifelike pose.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: suspsy on November 11, 2021, 02:08:09 PM
The Deinotherium could easily be interpreted as grazing on branches while walking and the Palaeoloxodon could simply be swinging its trunk to one side, but they could just as easily be engaging in display behaviour. And the steppe mammoth is totally either showing off.

Modern elephants tend to fold back their ears and curl up their trunks when they are charging full blown to attack something, which is something I have yet to see in any proboscidean toy. I'd like that.

I dare quite a different view.... as expressed in my review of the Eofauna Deinotherium, if one assumes the same kind of gait as in modern elephants (an amble, or walk where both limbs of one side move before the other side has its turn), the stance of the figure`s legs could only be observed in a (near) maximum speed moving animal. The Palaeoloxodon has its ears folded out and mouth wide open. As far as I have seen video material of elephants (never live I am afraid), the charge goes with the ears folded out, trunk held down or being moved wildly.

Nevertheless, I guess I have to add this Konolobelodon, not because I am completist (missed out on the Triceratops by intention) or collector of every available species, but because I know Eofauna`s other elephants and they are just too good.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: