News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thialfi

Quote from: Renecito on November 04, 2021, 09:20:31 AM
Konobelodon atticus

Absolutely beautiful!

paleochris

What a fantastic sculpture! magnificent, superb! Eofauna is the best brand for Proboscidea!

bmathison1972

Arctinus

Ah, what a stunning figure!  ;D And I guess we were all wrong about the exact species.  :D

SidB

They don't disappoint. As much as I like their dinosaurs, I'm delighted that Eofauna hasn't abandoned their proboscideans.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Flaffy

Another winner from Eofauna, as usual!

Definitely a must buy, and glad to see more amebelodonts on the market. (I think the only other amebelodonts that made it into figure form are Amebelodon and Platybelodon.)

Next up, bring on the gomphotheres and basal proboscideans!

Nanuqsaurus

I had never heard of Konobelodon before! Even a quick search on Google and Wikipedia doesn't give much information about this genus, so it's definitely a nice surprise that they decided to make this into a figure! :D Looks like an absolute must have to me.

suspsy

Alright, colour me very surprised and pleased! A relatively obscure but very cool-looking beastie indeed, one that will look great alongside the other Eofauna tuskers as well as the CollectA Gomphotherium!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

bmathison1972

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on November 04, 2021, 11:54:40 AM
I had never heard of Konobelodon before! Even a quick search on Google and Wikipedia doesn't give much information about this genus, so it's definitely a nice surprise that they decided to make this into a figure! :D Looks like an absolute must have to me.

The genus was recently elevated out of subgenus status of Amebelodon; luckily it's a different species than Safari's Amebelodon which represents A. fricki.

Faelrin

I too have not heard of this one. At least I don't think so. Will need to do some research then. Anyways what a beautiful restoration of this unique animal.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I've only heard about it because an Italian palaeoartist who goes by cisiopurple on deviantart.com has done art of it as he started doing lots of Proboscidean art, in fact like Eofauna, his two focuses are all non-avian dinosaurs and Proboscideans.
That said his artwork gives the animal much shorter upper tusks than this model.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

I'm glad they made a very rare collectible species of toy dinosaur! A konobelodon, it's beautiful! I'm glad Eofauna remembers those of us who love dinosaurs and rare prehistoric animals, first an atlasaurus and now a konobelodon. That is treating the customer well.

Honestly I will go into debt but yes or yes, I will buy whatever happens that diplodocus and konobelodon and I will publish their photos if I live at the DTF at that time.

I prefer that Eofauna focuses only on some species of prehistoric animals so that when they are already sufficiently well represented by Eofauna as happens with another great company BoTM, they focus on another branch of dinosaurs or prehistoric animals such as elephants. I sincerely wish that Eofauna continues to market only prehistoric elephants.

Eofauna collectors have not "punished" us much when it comes to revealing their new figure. As all the Eofauna figures look like dinosaurs and prehistoric animals made of resin, it is a company that excites me, the details are exquisite and it is an image in constant dynamism. Thanks Eofauna! I will buy it from Alcaiceria yes or yes.

suspsy

I hope Eofauna releases more images soon. I'm keen to see how the Konobelodon looks next to the other toys.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

I'm impressed by the obscure species choice and the quality of the figure, but my first thought was it looks too similar to Eofauna's previous proboscidean figures for me, e.g. in the colouration, poses of the body parts, style of hair at the tail tip.  Perhaps this is inevitable when you make a certain amount of closely related animals.  I find Eofauna's three previous proboscideans are all excellent figures, so it's frustrating to see another, while they've only made one theropod which in my opinion wasn't very good.  Although I will be disappointed if Eofauna's next theropod is Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus.

Grimbeard

What a unexpected reveal!

While I would have prefered a wooly mammoth or an american mastodon even more, Amebelodonts and Gomphotheres are such weird, alien looking  Proboscidea that they deserves every figure they cant get.

Eofauna is really starting to carves its niches with fantastic looking hefty herbivores.

Arctinus

Quote from: Sim on November 04, 2021, 06:16:16 PM
I'm impressed by the obscure species choice and the quality of the figure, but my first thought was it looks too similar to Eofauna's previous proboscidean figures for me, e.g. in the colouration, poses of the body parts, style of hair at the tail tip.  Perhaps this is inevitable when you make a certain amount of closely related animals.  I find Eofauna's three previous proboscideans are all excellent figures, so it's frustrating to see another, while they've only made one theropod which in my opinion wasn't very good.  Although I will be disappointed if Eofauna's next theropod is Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus.

Maybe they're avoiding making any new theropods due to the giganotosaurus toppling over.  ::) :P

Quote from: Grimbeard on November 04, 2021, 06:36:51 PM

While I would have prefered a wooly mammoth or an american mastodon even more, Amebelodonts and Gomphotheres are such weird, alien looking  Proboscidea that they deserves every figure they cant get.

Eofauna is really starting to carves its niches with fantastic looking hefty herbivores.

I'm pretty sure they'll make both eventually. And then when they finally run out of proboscideans (well, at the current rate...  :P), maybe they could make other mammals as well.  ;D

Dusty Wren

Oh, I like this figure a lot! No one does proboscideans like Eofauna.

I agree with avatar_Sim @Sim though; I wish they'd get more creative with some of the details. I know non-furry mammals are going to have a limited color palette, but elephants do have some variation in their skin tones, and I'd like to see a figure with the "freckles" you see on some older Asian elephants.
Check out my customs thread!

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Arctinus on November 04, 2021, 07:55:34 PM

Maybe they're avoiding making any new theropods due to the giganotosaurus toppling over.  ::) :P

I'm pretty sure they'll make both eventually. And then when they finally run out of proboscideans (well, at the current rate...  :P), maybe they could make other mammals as well.  ;D
Nah they solved the Giga's stability problems with the more recent production runs
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Palaeontologica

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 04, 2021, 09:06:17 PM
Quote from: Arctinus on November 04, 2021, 07:55:34 PM

Nah they solved the Giga's stability problems with the more recent production runs
Too late for my 2020 acquisition, apparently. It's the usual story, from what I can tell: it started off fine, then it started falling over on uneven surfaces, then flat ones. :(
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

- Arthur C. Clarke

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: