News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Quote from: Palaeontologica on November 04, 2021, 09:08:36 PM
Too late for my 2020 acquisition, apparently. It's the usual story, from what I can tell: it started off fine, then it started falling over on uneven surfaces, then flat ones. :(
My giga was from the very first batch and not only stands perfectly from the first day, it even supports the Safari feather tyrannosaurus which keeps falling all the time, despite having used hot water many times. Another example, my PNSO Corythosaurus which is quadruped has never stood, never ever, from the beggining. No matter what I have done with it, even using rods, its arms keep warping.

Quote from: Dusty Wren on November 04, 2021, 08:28:38 PM
Oh, I like this figure a lot! No one does proboscideans like Eofauna.

I agree with avatar_Sim @Sim though; I wish they'd get more creative with some of the details. I know non-furry mammals are going to have a limited color palette, but elephants do have some variation in their skin tones, and I'd like to see a figure with the "freckles" you see on some older Asian elephants.
But it does have precisely that.  :)) Look better at the trunk, ear and neck. It's obviously freckled in pink, just like Asian elephants.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Palaeontologica on November 04, 2021, 09:08:36 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 04, 2021, 09:06:17 PM
Quote from: Arctinus on November 04, 2021, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: Sim on November 04, 2021, 06:16:16 PM
I'm impressed by the obscure species choice and the quality of the figure, but my first thought was it looks too similar to Eofauna's previous proboscidean figures for me, e.g. in the colouration, poses of the body parts, style of hair at the tail tip.  Perhaps this is inevitable when you make a certain amount of closely related animals.  I find Eofauna's three previous proboscideans are all excellent figures, so it's frustrating to see another, while they've only made one theropod which in my opinion wasn't very good.  Although I will be disappointed if Eofauna's next theropod is Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus.

Maybe they're avoiding making any new theropods due to the giganotosaurus toppling over.  ::) :P

Quote from: Grimbeard on November 04, 2021, 06:36:51 PM
What a unexpected reveal!

While I would have prefered a wooly mammoth or an american mastodon even more, Amebelodonts and Gomphotheres are such weird, alien looking  Proboscidea that they deserves every figure they cant get.

Eofauna is really starting to carves its niches with fantastic looking hefty herbivores.

I'm pretty sure they'll make both eventually. And then when they finally run out of proboscideans (well, at the current rate...  :P), maybe they could make other mammals as well.  ;D
Nah they solved the Giga's stability problems with the more recent production runs
Too late for my 2020 acquisition, apparently. It's the usual story, from what I can tell: it started off fine, then it started falling over on uneven surfaces, then flat ones. :(
I got mine in march 2021
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Dusty Wren

Quote from: Duna on November 04, 2021, 09:23:46 PM
Quote from: Dusty Wren on November 04, 2021, 08:28:38 PM
Oh, I like this figure a lot! No one does proboscideans like Eofauna.

I agree with avatar_Sim @Sim though; I wish they'd get more creative with some of the details. I know non-furry mammals are going to have a limited color palette, but elephants do have some variation in their skin tones, and I'd like to see a figure with the "freckles" you see on some older Asian elephants.
But it does have precisely that.  :)) Look better at the trunk, ear and neck. It's obviously freckled in pink, just like Asian elephants.

It is painted pink, but it looks like the same paint scheme they used on the Palaeoloxodon. I'd like to see a more dramatic contrast with more obvious freckles against a darker gray skin tone (like this).

There's nothing wrong with what they've done; it looks well-painted and realistic. If they keep making proboscideans, though, it'd be nice to see some variety.
Check out my customs thread!

Fembrogon

A quick internet search suggests this genus is actually pretty fragmentary, so I'm kind of surprised Eofauna chose this one. I'm not complaining, though; I'm delighted to see an amebelodont, and it looks splendid as always.

ItsTwentyBelow

This looks really, really cool. Eofauna's sculpts each have such life and motion, to a degree that most other companies can't achieve.

PhilSauria

Think I can just about squeeze another ancient elephant onto the shelf that already has 18 of these animals on it!

Duna

Quote from: Dusty Wren on November 04, 2021, 09:45:00 PM
I'd like to see a more dramatic contrast with more obvious freckles against a darker gray skin tone (like this).
Ah, I see want you mean. That would be cool.

Arctinus

Nah they solved the Giga's stability problems with the more recent production runs

Oh, didn't know that. I already got mine before that, I guess.  :(

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 04, 2021, 09:35:23 PM
I got mine in march 2021

I got mine in December 2020.  :( Oh well.

Although, even my brown Papo T-Rex recently (after a few years) toppled over for no reason after having no issues before. xD

Palaeontologica

Quote from: Arctinus on November 05, 2021, 07:10:15 PM

Oh, didn't know that. I already got mine before that, I guess.  :(

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 04, 2021, 09:35:23 PM
I got mine in march 2021

I got mine in December 2020.  :( Oh well.

Although, even my brown Papo T-Rex recently (after a few years) toppled over for no reason after having no issues before. xD

I got mine in December 2020, too. I don't know if that's just coincidence or if the batch produced around that time had the same stability issues.
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

- Arthur C. Clarke

The Prehistoric Traveler

Quote from: Arctinus on November 04, 2021, 07:55:34 PM
Quote from: Sim on November 04, 2021, 06:16:16 PM
I'm impressed by the obscure species choice and the quality of the figure, but my first thought was it looks too similar to Eofauna's previous proboscidean figures for me, e.g. in the colouration, poses of the body parts, style of hair at the tail tip.  Perhaps this is inevitable when you make a certain amount of closely related animals.  I find Eofauna's three previous proboscideans are all excellent figures, so it's frustrating to see another, while they've only made one theropod which in my opinion wasn't very good.  Although I will be disappointed if Eofauna's next theropod is Tyrannosaurus or Spinosaurus.

Maybe they're avoiding making any new theropods due to the giganotosaurus toppling over.  ::) :P

Quote from: Grimbeard on November 04, 2021, 06:36:51 PM
What a unexpected reveal!

While I would have prefered a wooly mammoth or an american mastodon even more, Amebelodonts and Gomphotheres are such weird, alien looking  Proboscidea that they deserves every figure they cant get.

Eofauna is really starting to carves its niches with fantastic looking hefty herbivores.

I'm pretty sure they'll make both eventually. And then when they finally run out of proboscideans (well, at the current rate...  :P), maybe they could make other mammals as well.  ;D

Got mine the first day it was released and never had any issues with it. Stands as stable now as the first time i displayed it.

Libraraptor

That Diplodocus is an absolute must-have to me!

Shonisaurus

By the way, when is the date of commercialization of the konobelodon? I comment to buy it together with the diplodocus. Even if I take it off to eat, I plan to buy the two Eofauna figures. I have already thought of ordering both figures in Alcaiceria as I did with the two triceratops of the same brand.

croco_105

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 07, 2021, 09:05:12 AM
By the way, when is the date of commercialization of the konobelodon? I comment to buy it together with the diplodocus. Even if I take it off to eat, I plan to buy the two Eofauna figures. I have already thought of ordering both figures in Alcaiceria as I did with the two triceratops of the same brand.

Someone asked on Facebook, Eofauna said Konobelodon would be available in February 2022.

SidB

Quote from: croco_105 on November 07, 2021, 11:18:40 AM

Someone asked on Facebook, Eofauna said Konobelodon would be available in February 2022.
Excellant!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: croco_105 on November 07, 2021, 11:18:40 AM

avatar_croco_105 @croco_105 That is very good news thanks for the information!

GojiraGuy1954

When's the Diplo coming out?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Lanthanotus

Announced for February `22 aswell.

Duna

Alcaiceria has it listed at the end of February, probably being conservative, but they normally get the date right.

SidB

That's going to be one long box!

Bread

Quote from: SidB on November 08, 2021, 02:33:17 AM
That's going to be one long box!
Yeah, makes me concerned for shipping prices ordering through Minizoo. I was hoping I could order this through them so I could also grab some of the new 2022 CollectA's

Oh well! Dan's it is then!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: