News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Despite how many Smilodon toys have been made over the years, not one has been which I'd call definitive, so I'd be pleased if Eofauna did one. But I can easily list any number of Cenozoic carnivores that I'd rather see them do instead. Arctotherium above all else.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Any prehistoric bear beside Ursus spalaea would be a dream
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Jorge Mario

Stegosaurus Eofauna Please PleasePlease

Shonisaurus

I would also like a paraceratherium, an alternative to Collecta and iToy, sincerely in my case I like the iToy model but I am sure that Eofauna would make a replica of one of the largest prehistoric mammals together with the Palaeoxodon namandicus.

I would also like a smilodon is a mammal that needs a lot more love from dinosaur brands.

A ursus spelaeus or arctodus simus would be an interesting bet on the part of Eofauna.

A stegosaurus would be interesting and I wouldn't mind collecting it, but there are so many stegosaurus! Honestly, I'm not very passionate about it. I think it is well represented.

GojiraGuy1954

I hope the next figure is a theropod. Deinocheirus maybe
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

I agree with avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus that Stegosaurus is already well-represented (by Safari and PNSO) and although I have chosen it as one of the species I'd like on the Eofauna questionnaire, I'm not very passionate about it.  I would much prefer Eofauna makes Tuojiangosaurus or Hesperosaurus or Kentrosaurus.

I also agree with avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 in hoping Eofauna's next figure is a theropod.  It's been so long since they released a theropod and I was disappointed Eofauna released another sauropod before another theropod, since their last sauropod was more recent than their last theropod.  I would be interested in a Deinocheirus!  The theropod I'd like the most from Eofauna is Suchomimus however.  I hope Eofauna won't release a Concavenator soon, it's already well-represented in figures and Eofauna has already made an allosauroid, it would be better if they made a different kind of theropod.

Jorge Mario

if the stegosaurus is represented but not well enough, safari ltd has very thick legs, and the new bieber PNSO, a little strange hips, I would prefer an Eofauna stegosaurus to have a definitive one

Sim

The Safari 2019 Stegosaurus and the 2021 PNSO Stegosaurus are both fine, there's nothing wrong with them.  Compare the Safari 2019's limbs to those of the Scott Hartman skeletal below, the 2019 Safari's aren't too thick.  In the video below it's mentioned that the hip structure of PNSO's 2019 Stegosaurus is fine according to a stegosaur palaeontologist, and the 2021 version has the same structure so it's fine too.  If Eofauna makes a Stegosaurus it won't be the definitive version if they don't give it cheeks which seems to be what would happen since they didn't give their Triceratops cheeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-92FKwVsgBw

Jorge Mario

It is respectable that everyone has their opinions and guesses but still the safari stegosaurus does not have the same legs as the PNSO stego, and both models have different hips, but I still believe that an eofauna stegosaurus would be a majesty, also including in the list I would like a T. rex eofauna and a Parasaurolophus.

Sim

The appearance of the soft tissue is not known, as explained in the video I linked to, so the different legs and hip structure are all realistic guesses in my opinion.  I don't really see a difference between the legs though.  I think Eofauna will make a Tyrannosaurus sooner rather later although it might end up competing with the upcoming GR Toys version.

GojiraGuy1954

EoFauna Tyrannosaurus will be a masterpiece
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Samrukia

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on December 21, 2021, 01:27:26 AM

i am quite sure anything by Eofauna will be a masterpiece :)
agree though, we still need a definitive t-rex

SidB

As long there is no general consensus on any relevant disputed points, such as feathers, cheeks. etc., how can there ever be a universally accepted "definitive version"? Otherwise any expectations for such will be relatively selective - for example, Eofauna's trike  or the new Doyle can be definitive for those who hold to no cheeks, otherwise, the Safari Triceratops would be closer to "definitive" for those in the cheek camp.

Sim

Good point SidB, it seems to me a definitive version can never exist for these long extinct animals, there will always be something not known for them, I think.

SidB

Quote from: Sim on December 21, 2021, 07:58:40 PM
Good point SidB, it seems to me a definitive version can never exist for these long extinct animals, there will always be something not known for them, I think.
in one way it's a reality that is frustrating, because we can't know everything with an absolute degree of certainty, most times far, far less than that. But, on the other hand, this unknown element (s) constantly drives us forward, seeking knowledge, a good thing. I don't think that we discourage easily, or at least not for long.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

This is exactly why I hope Eofauna doesn't start trend of doing the most famous dinosaurs. While they will be masterpieces, their familiarity invites everyone to find something they are disappointed in, whether or not the criticisms are more correct than the model. There's more room to play with a less famous taxon... not that I am advocating against depicting a species that can be accurately reconstructed with an extremely high level of confidence.

CARN0TAURUS

Sometimes I wonder if it might not be in eofauna's best interests going forward to stick to prehistoric mammals where they are clearly head and shoulders above anyone else.  I'll continue to buy whatever they produce though.  Especially considering they don't make that much stuff it would be inexcusable not to support their efforts with my money.

John

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on December 22, 2021, 01:06:56 AM
This is exactly why I hope Eofauna doesn't start trend of doing the most famous dinosaurs. While they will be masterpieces, their familiarity invites everyone to find something they are disappointed in, whether or not the criticisms are more correct than the model. There's more room to play with a less famous taxon... not that I am advocating against depicting a species that can be accurately reconstructed with an extremely high level of confidence.
Famous species should be avoided because an online "expert" or two may complain if their own personally preferred controversial theory is not adhered to?They can suck it as far as I'm concerned.I want to see Eofauna's take on all the famous species. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

CARN0TAURUS

I'm all in on eofauna, I'll continue to auto-buy whatever they make, gotta support a smaller company like this that only wants to produce accurate educational toys for children and collectors.  I know it's not their MO to make something like a T-rex but I would love to have one from them.  I  hope they make one at some point.

John

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 22, 2021, 05:04:46 AM

I'm all in on eofauna, I'll continue to auto-buy whatever they make, gotta support a smaller company like this that only wants to produce accurate educational toys for children and collectors.  I know it's not their MO to make something like a T-rex but I would love to have one from them.  I  hope they make one at some point.
Eofauna may be known for unique species,but you can never say never when it comes to famous names like Tyrannosaurus rex. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: