News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Eofauna elephants certainly look like living elephants. They are experts when it comes to making prehistoric elephants. I can't imagine if I would ever make some non-elephantine prehistoric mammal, for example smilodon, paraceratherium or toxodon to give three examples.

What stands out the most about Eofauna is the elegance with which they make the figures and how their small identification brochures of each species are presented. The meticulousness and refined taste with which they make these figures, make Eofauna one of my favorite brands and in fact, thanks to the fact that I have stores in my nation, one of the few companies that today buy their products together with Safari, Collecta or Papo.

Antey

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 12, 2021, 08:38:37 AM
Eofauna elephants certainly look like living elephants. They are experts when it comes to making prehistoric elephants. I can't imagine if I would ever make some non-elephantine prehistoric mammal, for example smilodon, paraceratherium or toxodon to give three examples.

What stands out the most about Eofauna is the elegance with which they make the figures and how their small identification brochures of each species are presented. The meticulousness and refined taste with which they make these figures, make Eofauna one of my favorite brands and in fact, thanks to the fact that I have stores in my nation, one of the few companies that today buy their products together with Safari, Collecta or Papo.
Along with PNSO, this company is the best manufacturer of scientifically reliable reconstructions!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Not a comparison. Eofauna are much more scientifically accurate than PNSO, than anyone really.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 15, 2021, 09:45:10 PM
Not a comparison. Eofauna are much more scientifically accurate than PNSO, than anyone really.

I often stop at the Atlasaurus and have to take it in my hands and look at it. It is the overall best Model i have, i would say. In Hand it is like double the Beauty as in the already good photos. I got it for a normal European Price of 24 Euros. Unbeatable. The Colouration, sculpt and lifelike appearance are perfect to me.

But the way the Figure feels, does remind me of the new PNSO Figures. Next to each other, they look fitting. The Giganotosaurus is also really great, but not even close to the Atlasaurus. They really are a special Company. Every Figure is a hit and the Pricepoint is beautiful. At least over here :/

Varanops

Konobelodon held a distinct advantage over its modern-day proboscidean cousins, in that it was obviously much more proficient at (. . . wait for it . . .) multi-tusking!

Thialfi

Renecito

Quote from: Varanops on November 16, 2021, 12:01:34 AM
Konobelodon held a distinct advantage over its modern-day proboscidean cousins, in that it was obviously much more proficient at (. . . wait for it . . .) multi-tusking!

;D ;D ;D
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Fembrogon

^^I like this guy.

I fully concur on the realism of Eofauna's models; they have a nuance to their details that few if any companies can match. I really appreciate the company's dedication to quality.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Varanops on November 16, 2021, 12:01:34 AM

This dad joke gets the Dino Dad Stomp of Approval  ;D

Duna

Arctinus

Lanthanotus

I may add that spielfigurenportal lists them too, you can activate being notified once the figures arrived. Great online-shop, I am constant customer there since 2015, they were always very fast and obliging.

Arctinus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 23, 2021, 08:03:45 PM
I may add that spielfigurenportal lists them too, you can activate being notified once the figures arrived. Great online-shop, I am constant customer there since 2015, they were always very fast and obliging.

I've also had positive experience with Spielfigurenportal (as well as with Modellpferdeversand), though more or less through Amazon. When I stumbled upon their actual website, there was no delivery to my country, but there seems to be now, so I might give it a try again (there's only 25 cents of difference with shipping, after all). :D

ZoPteryx

Can't wait to get my hands on both of these, that Diplodocus especially is a thing of beauty!  :o

Sim

I hope in the future Eofauna makes a Tuojiangosaurus and an Amargasaurus.  While I like PNSO's stegosaurs usually, their Tuojiangosaurus isn't for me.  I don't like its colouration, its posture, its weird paintjob on its plates and osteoderms, the texture at the base of its plates or that it's missing its sixteenth pair of plates.  I think Eofauna could make a stunning Tuojiangosaurus.  As for Amargasaurus, it's my favourite sauropod and it amazes me how all the main companies have made it and got it wrong: Safari, Carnegie, CollectA, PNSO, Battat, Papo, Schleich...  For such an iconic animal there really needs to be an accurate version and I think Eofauna could make that figure.  It can only be them, Favorite or Wild Past, there's no-one else left but them I think.  The one important thing to do is to remember the first spike on Amargasaurus's neck is just one, the rest are all in pairs.

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

I forgot about GR Toys, they could make an Amargasaurus too, although I didn't like their Dicraeosaurus so I don't imagine they could make a sauropod figure I like.

Shonisaurus

I would like Eofauna to make a turiasaurus, concavenator or pelecanimus. They are dinosaurs of my nation and by proximity Eofauna could make them wonderfully. Apart from that they are of the three dinosaurs of the Iberian Peninsula whose remains are better preserved.

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 19, 2021, 02:45:14 PM
I would like Eofauna to make a turiasaurus, concavenator or pelecanimus. They are dinosaurs of my nation and by proximity Eofauna could make them wonderfully. Apart from that they are of the three dinosaurs of the Iberian Peninsula whose remains are better preserved.
I second that! Please, a concavenator .....

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 19, 2021, 02:45:14 PM

I'll play the wishing game!  I want eofauna to make a wholly mammoth, wholly rhinoceros, a smilodon, a columbian mammoth, and a paraceratherium.  I don't own the Itoy version and I probably never will for a couple of reasons.  First is price, and they just keep getting more and more expensive.  Thing is, I'm not crazy about the details on the skin.  They based the skin on the asian rhino for some reason, I'd like to see one without the folds and with even better more natural looking skin.  Also on the Itoy I feel like the neck should taper out better it seems to my eye to be too thin heading towards the front of the torso.  The paintwork also doesn't appear as realistic as the one that eofauna applies to their elephants.  Something about the figure is out of proportion I can't put my finger on it, but something looks off.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: