News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on February 22, 2022, 01:55:28 PM
Quote from: Duna on February 21, 2022, 04:23:41 PM
Wow, that's very good news! :D Thanks avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I was waiting for it. Do you know if it includes Patagotitan?

Yep, Patagotitan is mentioned several times in the book. There's also a beautiful illustration of it next to other species.

avatar_Duna @Duna Dug around the interwebs, and managed to find these! Lovely reconstruction from the sauropod masters themselves. (still would've liked to see some osteoderms though)

Duna

Quote from: Flaffy on February 22, 2022, 02:53:22 PM
Yep, Patagotitan is mentioned several times in the book. There's also a beautiful illustration of it next to other species.
Oh! That's very cool! Thank you for the pic. What a beautiful representation, very proportionate, not too thin, not too beefy. The legs look very (possibly) accurate. And YESS! They gave it the title of the largest, I would have been quite disapointed if not.  ;D

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on February 21, 2022, 11:19:40 PM
I'm a little confused about the sauropod encyclopedia; I was under the impression that a Spanish version ALREADY existed prior to the English version.
I understand your confusion because when the theropods book, the first version was the Spanish one, and later the English one. This time they have decided to do the other way round and I think that's very nice of them and most people will appreciate that gesture. All but me, hehehe. I'm joking  ;D I won't mind buying it in English, but as I have the Theropods book in Spanish, I decided to wait for this version too.

Concavenator

Quote from: Duna on February 22, 2022, 03:02:40 PM
And YESS! They gave it the title of the largest, I would have been quite disapointed if not.  ;D

Hahaha, according to the book (on Argentinosaurus):

"Measuring 35 m in length and weighing 75 t, it was significantly larger than Patagotitan mayorum and Puertasaurus reuili, which at the time were believed to surpass Argentinosaurus in size. See more: Novas et al. 2005; Carballido et al. 2017"

dinofelid

Quote from: Concavenator on February 22, 2022, 06:35:40 PM
Quote from: Duna on February 22, 2022, 03:02:40 PM
And YESS! They gave it the title of the largest, I would have been quite disapointed if not.  ;D

Hahaha, according to the book (on Argentinosaurus):

"Measuring 35 m in length and weighing 75 t, it was significantly larger than Patagotitan mayorum and Puertasaurus reuili, which at the time were believed to surpass Argentinosaurus in size. See more: Novas et al. 2005; Carballido et al. 2017"

Yes, the way the book works is that awards like "record largest" are always relative to the particular category on the upper right of the right-hand page--in the case of Patagotitan on p. 85 the category is Lower Cretaceous, and in the case of Argentinosaurus, on p. 50 it appears as the largest in the category Saltasauroidea, on p. 87 in the category of Upper Cretaceous, and on p. 106 in the category South America. And there's a "parade of titans" section on p. 54-57 that shows the largest in all categories together, they give Argentinosaurus as the heaviest and the widest, Barosaurus lentus as the longest and possibly the tallest (that's only if it could raise itself to a bipedal posture, Asiatosaurus mongoliensis would be the tallest quadrupedally).

Duna

Thanks for your explanation,D @dinofelid  ^-^

suspsy

Everything Dinosaur is expecting to get the Konobelodon in stock at the end of the month. Didn't ask them about the Diplodocus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on February 22, 2022, 10:00:22 PM
Everything Dinosaur is expecting to get the Konobelodon in stock at the end of the month. Didn't ask them about the Diplodocus.

Oh that's exciting. eBay pre-orders from China say it won't be available until April.

I'll prob wait until I can get it from a US dealer like Dan's

Concavenator

SRF

Oh yeah Eofauna is definitely teasing here. I'm looking forward to the end result. Would be very nice to have a T. Rex in the same color scheme that they showed in their Theropod book. I know it's another brown one, but it defintely deviates from other T. Rex figurs and the white accents make it a color scheme with a nice eye catching contrast.
But today, I'm just being father

suspsy

edu

I don't own Eofauna's theropod book. How is the tyrannosaur depicted, with or without lips? Do i wait for this one or buy Rebor's Kiss?  :o

SRF

Quote from: edu on February 24, 2022, 12:50:21 PM
I don't own Eofauna's theropod book. How is the tyrannosaur depicted, with or without lips? Do i wait for this one or buy Rebor's Kiss?  :o

E @edu it's depicted without or at the most partial lipped in the book. I think Eofauna would handle T. Rex the same way as they handled their Giganotosaurus.

But today, I'm just being father

suspsy

Quote from: SRF on February 24, 2022, 01:08:47 PM

E @edu it's depicted without or at the most partial lipped in the book. I think Eofauna would handle T. Rex the same way as they handled their Giganotosaurus.

I really like this rendition. If there's an actual toy in the works at Eofauna, I hope they use this.

edu

Thanks! Hope they change tracks and go for a completely lipped animal. I hope too they don't include a movable jaw, it didn't result well in the Giganotosaurus

Shonisaurus

An updated scientific tyrannosaurus rex Eofauna version that would compete with other brands such as Safari, Rebor or PNSO would be great, I hope the rumor materializes even if it is the umpteenth version of tyrannosaurus I know that it is a totally irresistible figure for any collector and the most important thing is benefits commercials for any toy dinosaur company.

If it were the scientific feathered version of the book on theropods by Asier Larramendi and Andrey Atuchin it would be great.

Shane

When I saw the actual Sue skull at the Field Museum, I remember being surprised at how distorted it actually was.

It was a bit of a shock to find that the actual Sue skeleton mount doesn't feature the actual Sue skull, but when you see it, it makes sense.

That, and it weights about 600 pounds I believe.

Fembrogon

Yeah, the actual skull fossil is far too heavy to realistically attempt mounting, so it's always been displayed in a case of its own.

I can't say I'm enthused about the idea of yet another T. rex toy on the horizon, but I'm still optimistic; I'm sure Eofauna's take will be a knockout.
I'll also concur that a color design based on the book illustration would be welcome.

suspsy

Apparently Eofauna confirmed a T. rex toy on Instagram. Guess I'll add that to the OP.

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2022, 06:49:04 PM
Apparently Eofauna confirmed a T. rex toy on Instagram. Guess I'll add that to the OP.
That's tremendously good news. One way or another, it's sure to be a top-notch effort.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: suspsy on February 24, 2022, 01:19:15 PM

I really like this rendition. If there's an actual toy in the works at Eofauna, I hope they use this.

Looks too skinny to me. The pubic boot and therefore gastralia should be at knee level or lower. Add onto that even a very conservative amount of muscle, fat, and skin, and the belly should be noticably deeper than knee level.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: