News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: SRF on March 09, 2022, 07:30:42 PM
Eofauna seems to schedule their releases around this time of the year. The Triceratops was released around the same time last year. This will probably mean that the new Tyrannosaurus will be released sometime around March next year I suppose.

As much as I'd love to have one by Christmas, I'm accustomed to waiting for Eofauna figures so this time next year will do just fine too.   Besides, the years go by faster and faster the older I get ;)

Sim

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 06, 2022, 07:00:12 PM
It's always possible for an animal to loose a feature, not just a neutral but even a beneficial one, due to behavioural selective pressures. Bald display tissues pushing out feathers for example.

I don't know, I doubt feathers would ever be completely lost in a pennaraptoran under normal conditions, their pennaceous feathers seem too useful for that.

CARN0TAURUS

Has anyone heard anything about these guys?

This delay is not the primary reason but certainly one of the concerns that influenced my choice not to buy anything on the Aliexpress sale. 

Concavenator

Lana Time Shop now says the Diplodocus will be released in late May. On the other hand, and also according to them, the Konobelodon is still expected to be released in early April. I guess it will be the same for all the other retailers, but I'm not sure.

Shonisaurus

Well, whatever will be expected. Collecting such works of art for a toy dinosaur collector will be much more profitable and more exciting. As the saying goes: "Patience is the mother of all virtues" by William Shakespeare. Waiting the later the better makes these figures more interesting and fascinating.

Medzo

My only wish that Eofauna would release boxed versions similar to PNSO as well. Much better to store the figure if not wanting to display it at the time. Also higher collectible value.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SRF

Quote from: suspsy on April 04, 2022, 11:45:54 AM
:o

That's a very old design from 2013, which has nothing to do with the upcoming T.imperator model.
But today, I'm just being father

JohannesB

No such thing as T. imperator.

Concavenator

Quote from: SRF on April 04, 2022, 12:24:20 PM

That's a very old design from 2013, which has nothing to do with the upcoming T.imperator model.

https://www.deviantart.com/eofauna/art/Tyrannosaurus-sculpture-project-394840601

Yeah, would be very surprised if the upcoming figure looks anything like that. This reminds me of the Deinotherium situation, they had an older resin model which looked different from the figure they ended up releasing in 2019:

https://www.facebook.com/Eofauna/photos/3817720551602152

SRF

Quote from: JohannesB on April 04, 2022, 12:56:06 PM
No such thing as T. imperator.

That's how Eofauna promotes their upcoming Tyrannosaurus figure, so I just refer to it the same way.

CARN0TAURUS

Did they actually produce that pose in resin back in 2013?  It looks kind of goofy, almost like sue is turning back and sayin,"I'll be back at 10, the meatloaf is in the oven."  She's pushing the door open with her right arm and clutching a purse in her left and she's good to go :)

Stegotyranno420

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS , oh wow, come to think of it, you are right!
Spoiler
[close]

Fembrogon

Well, that made me chuckle, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 & avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS. It really is a weird-looking pose, isn't it?

Shonisaurus

The tyrannosaurus pose is very forced but it is very interesting, I have not seen such a dynamic tyrannosaurus rex.

SRF

I don't think this pose was ever considered to be made in figure form. Eofauna has stated that they are now making a Tyrannosaurus from scratch, by even reconstructing Sues skull from the fossil and not the Field Museum cast. I think the first render of this figure that we're ever going to see will be in a very neutral pose just like Rebor showed. If Eofauna is considering releasing such an image at all that is.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 05, 2022, 02:50:12 AM
avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS , oh wow, come to think of it, you are right!
Spoiler
[close]
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420
LOL, that is funny, thank you for bringing that to life!  I think I scared my wife a little.  Then she came over saw it and laughed too.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Fembrogon on April 05, 2022, 06:10:43 AM
Well, that made me chuckle, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 & avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS. It really is a weird-looking pose, isn't it?

It is strange, the only thing that makes sense to me is that it illustrates a tyrannosaurus in extreme distress.  Either it's being attacked by another T-rex from behind or it's tripping over a rock as it flees the pyroclastic flow from an erupting volcano.  Whoever created it was having some fun too...

Stegotyranno420

avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS glad I could make you and your wife laugh. But I'm a bit confused on how you "scared your wife a little."
I think I should do more of these joke doodles of figures  ;)

Qlso, does anyone have any updates on what is the situation with the diplodocus?
Edit:I found out :/

Concavenator

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 05, 2022, 06:22:40 PM
Qlso, does anyone have any updates on what is the situation with the diplodocus?
Edit:I found out :/

I think it's been delayed right? On Dan's Dinosaurs, it's now estimated to be released during Q2 (Same for the Konobelodon).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: