News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Eofauna: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, October 13, 2021, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on April 05, 2022, 06:22:40 PM
avatar_CARN0TAURUS @CARN0TAURUS glad I could make you and your wife laugh. But I'm a bit confused on how you "scared your wife a little."
I think I should do more of these joke doodles of figures  ;)

Qlso, does anyone have any updates on what is the situation with the diplodocus?
Edit:I found out :/
avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420
We were eating at the supper table when I started browsing the thread on my tablet she was in her phone.  So when I burst into laughter I accidentally inhaled a grain of rice and started couphing, LOL.  That's why she came around initially and made sure I was okay then she saw why I was laughing and starting laughing too :)

Perhaps 'startled' would've been a better word choice...

SpartanSquat

So konobelodon will be release in april and diplo in may¿?

Concavenator

avatar_SpartanSquat @RolandEden Eofauna answered this to a person on Facebook 5 days ago:

QuoteJust received the Konos, next week the Diplos. They will be available for the clients after Easter. Too many delays including a long strike of the carriers, we are sorry for the delay.

SidB

Quote from: Concavenator on April 14, 2022, 01:58:00 AM
avatar_SpartanSquat @RolandEden Eofauna answered this to a person on Facebook 5 days ago:

QuoteJust received the Konos, next week the Diplos. They will be available for the clients after Easter. Too many delays including a long strike of the carriers, we are sorry for the delay.
I, for one, am hoping that the supply side logistics allow this good intention to come to pass. I've had my two on pre-order since late last year and it wll sure be great to have them in hand, even if it's one at a time. This announcement seems pretty solid, though.

Duna

Quote from: SidBfor one, am hoping that the supply side logistics allow this good intention to come to pass. I've had my two on pre-order since late last year and it wll sure be great to have them in hand, even if it's one at a time. This announcement seems pretty solid, though.
Yes, they say the truth. We have been in a hard transport strike in Spain for several weeks. Attempting to receive or send the figures worldwide would have been a suicide.

SidB

Quote from: Duna on April 14, 2022, 08:56:58 PM
Quote from: SidBfor one, am hoping that the supply side logistics allow this good intention to come to pass. I've had my two on pre-order since late last year and it wll sure be great to have them in hand, even if it's one at a time. This announcement seems pretty solid, though.
Yes, they say the truth. We have been in a hard transport strike in Spain for several weeks. Attempting to receive or send the figures worldwide would have been a suicide.
I've become conditioned by Eofauna to be patient. It's a good discipline. It reinforces the realization that acquiring these figures is a privilege, not a right.

Ostafrikasaurus

It's been a while since I checked in on Eofauna. Has there been any talk of a 1:40 scale American Mastodon? I remember they released a 1:48 model several years ago, but it would still be nice to see a proper 1:40 figure, even if it's just an upsized version of the same mold. On another note, the upcoming Konobelodon looks fantastic! It's always nice to see prehistoric pachyderms get some representation in the figure realm.
"Live fast, eat grass, die in a blast." - Late Cretaceous herbivore

Medzo

Quote from: SidB on April 15, 2022, 01:14:27 AM
I've become conditioned by Eofauna to be patient. It's a good discipline. It reinforces the realization that acquiring these figures is a privilege, not a right.
Haha, I understand your sentiment, but I wouldn't go that far. :D This is just business after all, a company either delivers or disappears. But yeah, for quality we shall wait as much as they need. In my eyes only Eofauna can compete with PNSO currently, excluding that single GR Toys Charca.

SidB

Quote from: Medzo on April 21, 2022, 11:44:49 AM
Quote from: SidB on April 15, 2022, 01:14:27 AM
Haha, I understand your sentiment, but I wouldn't go that far. :D This is just business after all, a company either delivers or disappears. But yeah, for quality we shall wait as much as they need. In my eyes only Eofauna can compete with PNSO currently, excluding that single GR Toys Charca.
That's a valid point , avatar_Medzo @Medzo . For me , since I started collecting about 15 years ago, I've seen the quality of the sculpting and fabrication techniques rise exponentially, so subjectively I do feel privileged and look on these times as a 'golden age' for collectors. Also, other than a few examples from CollectA, one Nanmu, a GR and a few more Safaris, all of my recent acquisitions have been either Eofauna or PNSO. The Eofauna are the best value on the mass market and the PNSO are equally good, but maybe a half-notch below in terms of quality vs. price, because of their cost, at least here in the west.

Thialfi

Just got this email from my local online shop:

---

GOOD NEWS !!

First I apologize for the continued delay on the EoFauna models.

I´ve just been informed by EoFauna that both Diplodocus and Konobelodon
models have arrived at the EoFauna storage in Europe.

They are arranging shipments now and will sent our order tomorrow. It
might take up to 2 weeks before we will receive them.

You will be notified when your order has been sent.

Thanks a lot for your patience. We endorse a company like EoFauna, which
is valuable and one of a kind. We feel privileged to sell their models,
which are all based on research/data and scientific studies they partly
did themself (which is unique) .

---
Kind regards,
Bram Stuijfbergen

---

They're coming! :D I am SO hyped for these two. Can't wait.

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Ostafrikasaurus on April 20, 2022, 07:57:07 PM
It's been a while since I checked in on Eofauna. Has there been any talk of a 1:40 scale American Mastodon? I remember they released a 1:48 model several years ago, but it would still be nice to see a proper 1:40 figure, even if it's just an upsized version of the same mold. On another note, the upcoming Konobelodon looks fantastic! It's always nice to see prehistoric pachyderms get some representation in the figure realm.

I'd like to see an American Mastodon as well, or something closely related like Zygolophodon.

postsaurischian

bmathison1972

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 26, 2022, 03:55:19 PM
:D  Both figures are now available in Germany!
       https://www.spielfigurenportal.de/epages/64412781.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64412781/Categories/Spielfiguren/%22Eofauna%20Figuren%22

I just bought the Konobelodon from their eBay page (that's the seller I get my Papo figures from, via eBay)

Lanthanotus

https://www.spielfigurenportal.de/epages/64412781.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64412781/Categories/Spielfiguren/%22Eofauna%20Figuren%22

A very trustworthy seller, am customer there since I joined the DTF in 2015. Also very fast shipping, so I am excited when I will have these two gems (and some of those fabulous Papo bird releases) in my hands.

suspsy

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 26, 2022, 08:56:26 PM

A very trustworthy seller, am customer there since I joined the DTF in 2015. Also very fast shipping, so I am excited when I will have these two gems (and some of those fabulous Papo bird releases) in my hands.

I can't wait to see your review of the Diplodocus!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Great to see they're finally becoming available. The Diplodocus is now available from this french shop as well:

https://www.la-boutique-du-dinosaure.com/fr/accueil/1213-eofauna-diplodocus.html

On their Facebook page they have posted the first in hand pics of the Dippy.

Quote from: suspsy on April 26, 2022, 10:07:15 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 26, 2022, 08:56:26 PM

I can't wait to see your review of the Diplodocus!

Looking forward to it!

Flaffy

Not sure how I feel about the white stripes along the neck, they feel rather garish compared to how well done everything else is.
Still, a significant improvement over their Giganotosaurus, so no complaints there.

Medzo

Quote from: Flaffy on April 27, 2022, 02:34:07 PM
Not sure how I feel about the white stripes along the neck, they feel rather garish compared to how well done everything else is.

I'm quite sure how I feel. They look like victory markings on a warplane rather than natural pigmentation. Besides, an amazing figure.

edu

They look like an afterthought. Something they added in fear that the color pattern looked bland, when it looked fantastic. Besides that, the figure is splendid.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: